CAT 2018 Admit Card – IIM Calcutta will release the CAT Admit Card 2018 on September 26, 1:00 PM onwards. Admit Card will be only available to those candidates who will successfully submit the CAT 2018 Application Form. The online portal to download CAT 2018 Admit Card will open at iimcat.ac.in. You can also access the hall ticket for CAT 2018 from the direct link given below. Test takers will require registration number and password to download the CAT Admit Card 2018. The exam conducting body will also send the intimation on registered email id to download the hall tickets and the important instructions to follow on exam day. It is necessary that entrants take hall ticket with attested photograph and identity proof on November 25, 2018. For more details regarding CAT 2018 Admit Card login, exam instructions, how to download and more, read the complete article by aglasem.com below.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
On the exam day, students must follow the instructions as written on the CAT 2018 Admit Card. For the future reference, keep the hard and soft copy of the hall ticket safe. After the exam, CAT 2018 Result will announce in the first week of January 2019.
CAT 2018 Admit Card Date – All the important dates for CAT 2018 have been announced. The CAT Admit Card 2018 download dates are available in the table below.
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||Important Dates|
|CAT 2018 Registration ends on||19 Sep 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||24 Oct 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam date is||25 Nov 2018|
Admit Card: The CAT 2018 Admit Card will available at www.iimcat.ac.in.
Importance of CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAT 2018 Admit Card is important to carry on the examination day. It will act as the proof that you have taken the test at the specified exam centre. The exam conducting body will keep the record of this via collecting the admit card after the examination. Thus, you submit the CAT Admit Card 2018 to the invigilator. Moreover, once you download the admit card, keep the soft copy of the same on your systems. Such that whenever you need it, you will able to use it.
How to download the CAT Admit Card 2018?
The candidates who will successfully register for the exam can download the CAT 2018 Admit Card before the last date. The quick steps to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card are available below.
- First of all, click on the direct link available on this page to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
- Next, Enter the details like User Id and Password, that were generated at the time of registration.
- Click the ‘Login’ button to submit the details and your CAT 2018 Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Save the Admit Card in a PDF format.
- Finally, take a print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card. Then, paste the photograph as uploaded by you during the registration process.
The CAT 2018 Admit Card exam looks like the image given below…
Details on CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAT 2018 Admit Card is an important document that you must carry on the day of the examination. You will find the following details on the CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- PWD (Yes/No)
- Photo of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Date and Day of the Test
- Test Time/Session
- Address of the test venue
- Name of the allotted test city
- Test system Number
Document to Carry on the Exam Day
On the test day, carry the following documents with you. In case of any missing document, you will not get the entry in the examination hall. Make sure you carry the print out on A4 size sheet only.
- A hard copy of the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
- A valid and original Identity proof
You must carry one of the of the following valid id proof.
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Also Read: CAT Previous Year Question Papers
Important Instructions to follow on Test Day
Candidates must maintain the decorum on the test day. So, carefully read all the instructions written on the CAT 2018 Admit Card and the same are available below. Any violation of the rules may lead to the interruption in the smooth conduction of the examination.
- Reach 7:30 AM for the forenoon session and 1:00 PM for the afternoon session.
- There is no entry after 8:45 AM and 2:15 PM for forenoon and afternoon session respectively.
- The exam will commence exactly at the mentioned timings on the admit card.
Documents to Take
- CAT 2018 Admit Card with attached photograph.
- Photo Identity Proof
- Wear footwear in which fingers are visible like slippers, sandals etc. Otherwise, you have to leave footwear (including socks) outside the examination hall.
- Prefer comfortable clothes. Avoid attire with more number of pockets. Also, avoid jewelry, accessories on the exam day.
- Any electronic gadgets like microphones, pager, health band, watch, mobile phones, earphones etc.
- Also, any stationery items like printed/blank/handwritten paper, pouch, calculator, pencil box, pen etc are not permitted.
Before the examination
- First of all, document verification will take place for all the students.
- Then, the biometrics, fingerprint scan will start. For, Candidates not able to produce fingerprint due to reasons like Mehndi/ henna/ any cosmetic colors etc will not able to take the test.
During the Examination
- Sit on the system that is allocated to you by the invigilator.
- Do not exchange your system with other candidates. For any issues, contact the test administrator only.
- In case you need a pen or rough pad, then raise your hand to ask the invigilator for the same.
After the Examination
- Take the id proof and your other belongings with you after the examination.
- The TA will collect the CAT 2018 Admit Card which is not returnable.
- Leave the test premises only after the proper instructions.
- Candidates opted for scribe must produce duly filled Scribe Affidavit along with the Photo ID proof (original plus a copy).
What to Do If There Is Error In the CAT 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket?
After downloading the CAT 2018 Admit Card, you must always check that the details given by you at the time of application process are printed on the admit card. If there are any mistakes or if an image is not clear, then, contact the concerned authorities immediately regarding this.
CAT 2018 Password Recovery
In order to download CAT 2018 Admit Card, it is necessary to have the CAT Login Password. In case if you have forgotten it, follow the simple the steps to retrieve the Password.
- First, visit the CAT login and click on ‘Forgot password’ option.
2. Next, enter your User Id and the Captcha. Then, click on ‘Get password’ button. You will able to retrieve your password. Thereafter, you can download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
CAT 2018 Examination Pattern
The Common Admission Test is the computer-based exam. The total duration of the exam is 180 minutes with 60 minutes allotted to each of the three sections. They comprise of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability. Since the exam will take in two sessions, the difficulty level and the type of questions may vary from session to session. Questions in the exams are both subjective and objective. Candidates must maintain the balance between the accuracy and the number of questions.
|Section||Number of Non-MCQs||Total Number of Questions||Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||10||34||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||08||32||96|
CAT 2018 Result
Once the exam is over, the IIM-C will release the CAT 2018 Result in the first week of January 2019. The result will be available on the official website. Candidates will also receive the intimation via SMS containing the overall percentile of the candidates. To check the detailed result you need to download it where you will find the sectional and overall percentiles. Following that, different IIMs will release the list of the candidates who are eligible to appear for the GDPI round.
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT 2018 Admit Card
Q. Does the CAT 2018 Admit Card will be sent by post?
A. No, CAT Admit Card 2018 will be available online only at iimcat.ac.in.
Q. Should I take a colored or a black and white print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card?
A. There isn’t any compulsion to take the colored print out. Black and white CAT 2018 Admit Card will also do good.
Q. Can I carry the photocopy of the Identity proof?
A. In any circumstances, you have to carry the original valid id proof only. The photocopies are not at all accepted and you will not get entry to sit for the test.
Q. Will I able to change exam center for CAT 2018. What is the procedure to do so?
A. One way to change the exam center for CAT exam is through the application form correction window, which opens for a limited time period. You may able to change the centre for an interview but not for the examination day.
Q. Can I carry calculator inside the CAT exam center?
A. No, you cannot carry calculators inside the exam hall. Moreover, you will get the onscreen calculator during the test.
If you have any questions regarding CAT 2018 Admit Card, then let us know in the comment section below.
CAT 2018 Helpline Number
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in
Email ID: [email protected]
Number: 1-800-209-0830 [Monday to Saturday 9:00AM to 6:00PM (excluding National holidays)]