The CAT 2018 Application Form is available now. IIM Calcutta has started the CAT Registration process online at iimcat.ac.in. The window for submitting the CAT 2018 Online Application is open for 43 days instead of 45 days. As expected the application fee for CAT 2018 has been increased. Before the aspirants apply for CAT 2018 exam, ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria first. To apply for CAT 2018, you need to register first, then fill up details in the application, upload necessary images, pay the application fee and finally submit the form. The aspirants shall also get the facility for making corrections in the application form. However, you will not be able to edit many details in the form, so it is advised before the final submission, verify the complete application form. Check more details about the CAT 2018 Application Form from this page.
CAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates are advised to fill all the information correctly and must submit it before the last date of registration. IIM Calcutta has now announced the complete schedule for CAT 2018. Check the important dates for CAT 2018 Online Application from the table below.
|CAT 2018 Application Form||Important Dates|
|CAT Application Form is likely to be available from||08 Aug 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||19 Sep 2018|
|Window for application form correction shall start by||Last week of Sep 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam date||25 Nov 2018|
Application Form: Click Here to Register for CAT 2018 Exam.
CAT 2018 Application Fees
It was observed the application fee for CAT exam changes every year. For example, in the year 2017, the application fee for Rs. 900/- for SC, ST, and PwD and Rs. 1800/- for all other categories, whereas, in the year 2016, the application fees was Rs. 850/- for SC, ST, and PwD and Rs. 1700/- for all other categories. Hence, now that the official notification is released, the registration fee for CAT 2018 has been increased. Check the fee payable for CAT exam from the table below:
|SC, ST, and PwD||Rs. 950/-|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1900/-|
Mode of Payment: The application is payable by either of the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Documents To Keep Ready For Filling In Details In CAT 2018 Online Application
Here is a list of documents which you must keep ready before you proceed to fill in details in the CAT 2018 Application Form.
|Documents to keep ready||Details to enter in CAT Online Application|
|Mark sheets of Class X||Name of the school|
|Name of the Board|
|Aggregate marks of all subjects|
|Mark sheets of Class XII||Aggregate marks of all subjects|
|Total Marks Obtained|
|Mark sheets of Bachelor’s Degree and/or higher education||Total duration of the degree|
|Type of University/ Institute|
|State/ UT of University|
|Name of the University/ Institute|
|Name of the Degree|
|Month/ Year of Commencement and Completion|
|Passport Size Photograph and Signature||The photo to be uploaded should not be more than six months old and should have a white background|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST or PWD Certificate||Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities|
|List of IIM programmes to apply for||Make a list of the IIMs for which you wish to apply for beforehand only|
How To Fill CAT 2018 Application Form?
It is a 04 step process to successfully apply for CAT 2018. These are as follows:
- Register for CAT exam
- Login for CAT exam
- Fill in details in the Application form
- Pay the registration fee
Step 1: Registration
- For CAT 2018 Registration, click on the link updated on this page
- Next, you have to enter details such as your Name, Date of Birth, Email id, and Mobile number.
- Submit the registration details and you will receive an OTP.
- Enter that OTP in the given space and click on “Submit” button.
- Finally, on submitting the details, you will receive your CAT 2018 Login credentials which are User ID and Password.
Why Should You Your Own Personal Email ID and Mobile Number?
It is always advised to the candidates to enter their own personal email id and mobile number which they actively use. This is because the exam conducting authority sends the important updates on CAT exam through electronic means only and to the registered email address and mobile number only. Hence, it is better to provide your own personal email id and mobile number so thgat you are up-to dated with the important updates on the entrance test
Step 2: Login To CAT Website
- Now you have to log in again using the credentials, i,e, User ID, and Password.
- Click on the Login button to submit the details and proceed to fill in details in the CAT Application Form.
Step 3: Fill In Details In CAT 2018 Application Form
After you have logged in, you can start filling in details in the CAT Application Form. There are 04 sections in the CAT Application Form:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name, Mother’s Name
- Select the Category under which you want to apply for. Choose your Category wisely as it may not be edited later and will be final. If you belong to other than General Category, you need to enter details such as Serial Number of Caste/Tribe, State/Union Territory of Caste/Tribe, and Caste/Tribe Name.
- Enter your complete postal address
- Alternate Email Address and Mobile Number
The candidates have to upload the scanned images of the following documents as per the specifications given in the table below.
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format||Image Resolution|
|Photograph||Less than 80 KB||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG||150 px/inch (min)|
|Signature||Less than 80 KB||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG||150 px/inch (min)|
Also, you may have to upload NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate or PwD Certificate in pdf format, if applicable.
CAT 2018 Photo Specifications | Click Here to know instructions for uploading the images
In the Academics section, you have to enter your education details. The sections are as follows:
- SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details – Enter the aggregate marks, total marks, board name, month/year of completion
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details – Enter details such as course type, aggregate marks, total marks, maximum marks
- Bachelor’s Degree Details – Time duration, % marks, type of university, state of the university, name of the college, degree name, year/ month of completion etc.
- Master ‘s Degree Details – Name of the degree, university name, college name, university state, month/year of completion etc.
- Other Professional Degree Details – If you possess some other professional degree, then you can select that degree and fill the details like inter marks, final marks, month/year of completion etc.
If you have any work experience then you can fill in the details like Industry type and your time duration at the company, etc. You must enter the details only if you full-time experience after the graduation. Part-time/ project/ Internship/ article ship/ pre-graduation work experience should not be entered and are counted as work experience.
Aspirants have to select the IIMs and the full-time management programmes where they want to apply for. From the drop-down menu list, you have to select the programme and then select the Interview City for that programme as per the cities.
For example, if you have selected the PGDM course at IIM Ranchi and the PGP course at IIM Kashipur, your interview city should be the same, from the given choices, say, Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai for both the courses.
Exam Centre City
You will have to select any four Test Cities as per your preference from the drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, you will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. The allotted test center will be printed on the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
Payment of Application Fee
On clicking on Save & Continue button you will proceed to the final section which is Payment. You will have to pay the requisite amount of the application fee by the online mode. After the payment is done, a Payment Successful message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number. After which you will then be redirected to the CAT 2018 website.
Application Confirmation Email
Once the payment is done, you will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT 2018 Application Form within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as Admit Card download window.
CAT 2018 Application Form Correction
After the final submission of the application form, if there are some details which need to be edited can be done so by the application form correction facility, The window for making corrections in the CAT 2018 Application Form will be open for few days. However, you shall be able to edit only a few details in the application form.
Entries Which You Shall Edit After Submitting the CAT 2018 Application Form
- Percentage of marks obtained
- Work Experience
- Program Names
- Test Centers for Interview
Entries Which Can Not Be Edited After Submitting the CAT 2018 Application Form
- Personal details
- Academic details (apart from a percentage of marks)
- Exam city preference etc.
About Common Admission Test
The Common Admission Test is a National Level entrance which is held by various IIMs on a rotational basis. The score for CAT is accepted by 20 IIMs and over 200 B-schools for admission in MBA and other management programs.
If you any queries about the CAT 2018 Application Form, let us know in the comment section below.