IGNOU OPENMAT is the exam to take admission in the management programme by the IGNOU. Candidates who have decided to appear for the exam this year must start their preparation with right strategy and books. Though IGNOU OPENMAT is easier than CAT or XAT, it still requires strenuous preparation to qualify for the exam. No exam is easy or hard, it is the right approach which will help you to crack the exam. So, prepare your timetable right now without any delays. Keep extra time for a section like General Knowledge, it is the area which can rank you higher than other students. In this article, we have brought you preparation tips and strategy to clear the entrance test. First of all, we will focus on exam pattern, marking scheme, syllabus etc. After that, we will discuss sections wise preparation tips.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus
The candidates must prepare for the entrance test as per the syllabus given below:
|General Awareness||Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Current Affairs||Assertion and reasons||Algebra||Reading and Comprehension.|
|India: Constitution, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Organisations, History, Geography, Economy, Politics, States||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Ratios and Proportions||Grammar|
|World: Countries, Organisations, Leaders, World Economy, Summits.||Cause and Effect||LCM, HCF||Fill in the blanks|
|Science: Physics, Biology, Chemistry basic concepts, and application||Visual reasoning||Statistics||Sentence Correction|
|Industry: Statistics, CEO||Symbol Based problems||Mean,mode,median||Vocabulary|
|Trade: Export, Import, balance of trade||Statements and conclusions||Permutations and combinations,||Synonyms|
|–||Statements and assumptions||Progressions||Antonyms|
|–||Family tree||Arithmetic Progression||–|
|–||Coding and decoding||Geometric Progression||–|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
IGNOU OPENMAT is an offline based test, i.e. pen-paper based test. The candidates need to mark the answers in an OMR Answer Sheet. The test will be of 180 minutes and the candidates need to solve 200 MCQ questions in the given time limit. Each question is of 01 marks and there is no negative marking for the entrance test.
- Mode of exam: Pen-paper based
- Duration of the test: 180 minutes
- Number of questions: 200
- Maximum Marks: 200
The distribution of question for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 is as follows:
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
- For every correct answer, 01 marks will be given.
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response
Books Recommended for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation
There are not many books available for IGNOU OPENMAT. However, we have listed the name of few books which you can use to prepare well for the exam.
|Name of the Book||Buy Here||Price of the book|
BOOKHIVE INDIA RESOURCE BOOK TO MBA IGNOU (OPENMAT)
|Click Here to buy||Rs. 476|
STUDY MATERIALS FOR IGNOU OPENMAT
|Click Here to buy||Rs. 1989|
A Perfect Solution of Management Entrance Exam/OPENMAT
|Click Here to buy||Rs. 99|
Manorama Yearbook 2018
|Click Here to buy||Rs. 193|
How To Prepare for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019?
To further help you in your preparation, we have provided few preparaton tips which can help you to excel in the entrance test:
- Understand the Syllabus – In order to accomplish any task, it is necessary that you should plan it strategically. The first and basic step for exam preparation is to analyze the syllabus. You must be aware of the topics and chapters that will come in the examination. In addition to this, you should have the knowledge about the exam pattern.
- Create a Study Plan – Now this can be tricky for most of the students. However, you should make a study schedule and follow it religiously. You must follow it for at least 3-4 days and then you will get used to it. By creating a study plan you can do your preparations effectively. Do not make long study sessions and add short breaks in your study schedule.
- Make Notes – It is advised to the candidates to make notes of the important formulas, new words, etc when they are studying. This will be handy at the time of revision.
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers – You should make a habit of solving at least 2-3 question papers a week. Also, do not bump into solving the previous papers before revising your concept. Always, clear your basics first and then proceed to problem-solving.
- Read Daily – Other than the book, the best study material for GK and English section is reading a book, novel, newspaper, blog, etc.