Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result is expected to release in the third week of August 2018. The PGCET Result will be available in the form of a rank card. It will announce at the official website, kea.kar.nic.in, or it can be accessed from the direct link available on this page. To download the PGCET MBA Result, you may need to enter five digit PGCET number. Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result will release in the form of a rank card containing the name, roll number, registration number, category, and total marks. Thereafter, names of shortlisted candidates will display in a merit list to commence the PGCET 2018 counseling round. The counseling process is going to be held in few simple steps and it is mandatory to participate in it for admission to the colleges of Karnataka.
When is PGCET 2018 Result Releasing?
It has been one month that the result has not been released after the conduction of the exam. Let’s wait if the result is available by the end of this week. It might be possible that result will delay further due to heavy rain lashes in Karnataka. Even after trying to contact via Email and phone, there is no response from KEA. So, until the result is announced, stay tuned with us to get the latest updates of PGCET 2018 Result.
PGCET 2018 Result
It is advisable that after checking PGCET 2018 result, candidates must download the merit list issued by KEA to participate in the counseling rounds. Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counseling round whose name appears in the merit list. Check the complete schedule for PGCET 2018 result from the below table:
|PGCET 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|PGCET 2018 Exam Date||15 Jul 2018 (2:30 PM to 4:30 PM)|
|Release of Answer Key||20 Jul 2018|
|PGCET 2018 Result will be Declared in||3rd week of August 2018|
Check Result: PGCET 2018 Result will available at kea.kar.nic.in
How to Check PGCET 2018 Result
The candidates who are waiting for the result need to visit the official website to download it. You have to follow the following steps in order to check your score:
1st Step: Click on the official link that has been provided on this page. You will be redirected to the official website where the result is available.
2nd Step: Click on the appropriate link to access PGCET 2018 result. In there enter the PGCET number and click on “submit”.
3rd Step: Now, you will able to check the rank card containing the name, roll number, registration number, category, and total marks.
The Result will display like this.
Details in PGCET 2018 Result
After downloading PGCET 2018 result, the applicants will find the following details in the rank card. You are going to find the following details in it which will be helpful for counselling round:
- Full name of a candidate
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Total Marks
How Tie is Broken in PGCET 2018 Result
When two or more candidates score same marks, in such a conditions tie-breaker is applied. This is an inter-se criterion that KEA implies to award rank:
- A candidate with higher marks in the qualifying marks are considered over the rest
- If the tie is still not resolved, a candidate older in age is given preference
The position in ranklist is then decided on the basis of marks and inter-se merit.
Counselling Process After PGCET 2018 Result
A merit list is going to be prepared by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) in which the names of shortlisted candidates will appear. All the applicants whose name appears in it, are eligible to participate in the counselling round. The complete schedule of counselling is going to be displayed on the official website after PGCET 2018 result.
- The counseling for PGCET 2018 is going to be held online and you have to follow the below-mentioned steps to participate in it:
- You will be required to register online for PGCET 2018 counseling. A help center is going to be allotted thereafter where you have to report on the time and date as stated.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to go for document verification process. Here you have to submit the original documents and two photocopies of each document.
- Now login to the counseling online portal and fill the preferences after successful document verification. You can select the course you wish to select along with the college of your choice.
- Seat allotment process is done on the basis of PGCET 2018 result, preference set and the availability of seats.
- Finally, you have to confirm the seat by reporting to the college within the time provided and paying the fee.
Remember to take verification slip and a confidential key which will be used for login to counselling portal for choice filling of courses.
List of Documents Required at the time of PGCET 2018 Counselling
Given below is the complete list of documents required at the time of document verification that you must carry while visiting the help center. Remeber to carry original as well as photocopy:
- Class 10th pass certificate
- Class 12th scorecard
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- A certificate stating one of the parents studied in the state of Karnataka for 7 years
- Caste or income certificate for the candidates applying under SC/ ST category
- Study certificate for GM, SC, ST, Category-I, and OBC applicants
About Karnataka PGCET MBA 2018
The Karnataka Examination Authority conducts PGCET for admission in the new academic year. The PGCET takes place for MBA, MCA, ME / MTech / MArch. The students who will clear the exam can take admission in Government, University, Private Un-Aided, Private Aided, professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka. There are different eligibility criteria that a candidate must follow for admission in government institutes. The exam for PGCET MBA 2018 is a computer-based test consisting of 4 sections comprising Proficiency in the English Language, General Knowledge, Quantitative Analysis, and Test of Reasoning & General Intelligence.
Click Here to Know About PGCET 2019 for Admission in Academic Year 2019-21.