All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has released CMAT 2018 Result on February 15, 2018, at 07:30 pm. Applicants who have appeared for the exam can check the result of CMAT from the official website aicte-cmat.in or this page. The score and percentile secured by the candidates, in each subject and overall are mentioned on it. A separate merit list will also be released by AICTE on February 17, 2018, to enable the candidate to check their score and rank among all the applicants who appeared for the test. As per the cutoff and percentile, the participating colleges will call candidates for GD and PI round. To know complete details on how to check the result, details on a scorecard, merit list, calculation of score and percentile, method to resolve tie and more, read this article.
CMAT 2018 Result
The result of CMAT 2018 has two components, scorecard and merit list. All the candidates who appeared for the exam can download the scorecard, irrespective of performance in the exam. The merit will also be allocated to all the entrants. To check the schedule of CMAT 2018 result, see the table below:
|CMAT 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|Exam was Conducted on||20 Jan 2018|
|Objection Tracker was Available until||27 Jan 2018|
|Exam Result will be Declared on||15 Feb 2018 after 7:30 pm|
How to Check CMAT 2018 Result?
The process to check the CMAT Scorecard and the Merit List are given below.
CMAT 2018 Scorecard Downloading Process:
- Click on the link which has been provided on this page after the announcement of result.
- It will lead to a new window and to access it the candidates will have to enter E-mail Id and Password.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button. Check and download the displayed admit card of CMAT 2018.
Process for Checking CMAT 2018 Merit List:
- There will be two separate merit list and the link for both will be provided here.
- The link for both will be provided on this page.
- Candidates need to access the appropriate link and check the result.
CMAT 2018 Merit List
The merit list of CMAT 2018 is important. The higher the placement of the candidate in the list, the better are the chances of getting a call from participating institutes. The merit for a candidate is determined on the basis of score secured by them.
All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) is going to release two merit lists:
- All India Merit List
- State Merit List
All India merit list is going to have names of all the candidates who have given the exam across India. On the other hand, state merit list will contain the details of all the candidates state-wise.
The merit list is going to have the information such as:
- Roll number
- Candidate name
- Section wise score and percentile
- Total score
- Total percentile
Calculation of Score and Percentile for CMAT 2018 Result
To prepare the merit list and calculate the rank and percentile of a particular applicant, following method of marks allotment is followed:
- For every correct answer, applicant is awarded 4 marks
- Every incorrect answer leads to deduction of 1 mark
- However, no mark is awarded or deducted if an answer is not given.
Therefore to calculate the total score:
|Total marks =||(4 x No.of correct answers) – (1 x No. of incorrect responses)|
Also, the percentile is calculated by using the formula:
|Percentile (P) =||[ (N- Rank of the candidate)/ N] x 100 [Where P is percentile and N is total number of candidates appeared for exam]|
How Resolve Tie in CMAT 2018 Result?
If two or more candidates get the same score, the rank will be decided by the below-mentioned method:
- The score of individual sections is considered to provide a rank to the particular applicant. The preference is set as:
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
- If marks come out to be same even after applying the above method, in such a case the same rank will be assigned to such applicants but the name of these candidates will be displayed in alphabetical order in CMAT 2018 result.