AP ICET 2020 Preparation– AP ICET stands for Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test which is conducted by the Sri Venkateswara University on behalf of APSCHE. Students appearing for the AP ICET must prepare for the test but the question arises “how to prepare for AP ICET? “. Well, preparing for a certain exam is not a tough deal but preparing in the right way matters. Therefore, with the help of this article, AP ICET 2020 aspirants will get to know the tips and techniques for scoring well in the examination. As the exam has 3 sections namely analytic ability, mathematical and communication ability. Therefore, here we will be covering section wise preparation tips for the AP ICET 2020.
AP ICET 2020 Preparation tips
Before starting your AP ICET 2020 preparation, refer to the general tips given below:
- Make a Study Plan: All the applicants are suggested to make a time table as per their ease and make sure to follow it.
- Know your Strengths and Weaknesses: I would like to advise all the students to evaluate yourself by giving mock tests. Also, Analyze the topics in which you are weak and start working on it.
- Select appropriate books: Using a lot of books will end up in confusion the students. Therefore, choose one book per subject.
- Read the Questions very carefully: students must read the question as well as all the Answers very carefully at the time of the examination.
- Start from scratch: clear your basics and then move to the complex questions.
- Know the relevant Formulas used: Try to list the formulas to be used in the AP ICET 2020 and remember them.
AP ICET 2020 Section-wise Preparation Tips
In order to score well in the AP ICET 2020 Exam, you must start preparing for it in advance. Firstly focus on time management, practice, and revision. Try to consult the books which cover all your syllabus for the exam. Also, practice mock tests as they will increase boost your confidence and you will be able to analyze ur weal points. Therefore, all the students are advised to follow some section-wise preparation tips given below:
Analytic Ability section
- In this section, read the question very carefully.
- Pay attention to every detail and solve accordingly.
- Play brain games as they will increase your question-solving speed.
- Solve problems including Graphs, charts, and tables.
- Solve previous years’ questions and give mock tests.
- Start preparing for this section in advance as it requires more practice.
- Write down the list of formulas to be used and also learn them.
- Try to increase your question-solving speed.
- Solve basic questions first and then shift to the complex ones.
- Daily revise every question that you have solved.
- you must learn 5 new words daily.
- start reading business magazines.
- increase your reading speed as it will help you in reading comprehension part.
- Also, solve the mock test and previous year question
AP ICET 2020 Syllabus
Here we have given the important topics which you must prepare for AP ICET 2020:
Section A: Analytical Ability
|Data Sufficiency||Tables and Graphs||Clock problems|
|Sequences and Series||Symbol and notation interpretation||Blood relationships|
|Analogies of numbers and alphabet||Seating arrangements||Pie Chart|
|Completion of blank spaces||Arrivals, departures, and schedules||Venn Diagram|
|Odd one out||Date, Time & Distance problems||Passage|
|missing number in a sequence or a series||Arrangement Problems||Calendar problems|
Section B: Mathematical Ability
|Laws of indices, |
ratio, & proportion
|Sets||Areas & volumes||Linear equations|
|Numbers & Divisibility||Time, distance & work||Progressions|
|LMC &GCD||Pipes and cisterns||Binomial Theorem|
|Rational numbers||Profit and loss||Polynomials|
|Modular Arithmetic||Tautologies- Relations |
& functions, applications
|Statements||Implication converse &|
|Mean, Median, Mode|
|Truth tables||Standard Deviation|
|notion of a limit and derivative||Coordinate geometry||Correlation|
|Plane geometry –|
lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals,
Section C: Communication Ability
|Vocabulary||Business and Computer terminology|
|Functional Grammar||Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)|
AP ICET 2020 Exam Pattern
All the candidates must be aware of the exam pattern before starting their AP ICET 2020 Preparation. Therefore, the overview and the section-wise question distribution is given below.
All the candidates are advised to check the same from below:
- Mode of Examination – Computer-based test (CBT)
- Language of the exam – English & Telugu but the language proficiency exam will be in the English language
- Number of Questions – 200 questions
- Type of Questions – Objective Type (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme – 1 Mark for each correct answer
- Negative Marking – There is no negative marking.
- Duration of Exam – 150 Minutes
Section-wise distribution of Questions
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Section A- Analytical Ability|
|Section B- Mathematical Ability|
|Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30|
|Section C- Communication Ability|
|Business and Computer Terminology||10|
AP ICET Official Website: sche.ap.gov.in/icet
For any queries, please write to us in the comment section below.