While preparing for an exam, it is necessary that you have the right resources to give your best for the preparation. It requires that you know the right syllabus, exam pattern, and strategy to crack the Quantitative Aptitude section of the exam. The most important is that you have the access to the right books to clear and understand the concepts. A good book must have all the exam topics and Precise theory. Moreover, a book must contain enough number of practice and mock test to make your concepts clear.
If your self-studying for the exam, then it is necessary that you refer to the right books. Makes notes of the concepts and practice until you understood the concept clearly. You can refer books to learn some topics in which you face problem regularly. Moreover. they are the great source for practicing the topic or concept. In the article below you will best books to prepare for CAT Quant section.
Best Books for CAT LRDI Preparation
Below you will find the top recommended books to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude section of CAT Exam. You can also refer to the coaching material of different coaching institutes for preparation.
1. Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIMs – Click Here to Buy
The book for quant preparation by Sarvesh K. Verma is a very great book. Concepts are clearly stated here and you will question from easy to difficult level. Moreover, there are solutions to all the questions to verify your answer.
1. How to Prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT?
2. How to Prepare for DILR for CAT?
2.How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT – Click Here to Buy
This book by author Arun Sharma is opted by many MBA aspirants. In it, you will find detailed theory and practice questions of all the important topics of CAT. You can refer the books at the initial stage of your preparation and then start taking online mock tests.
1. Strategy To Score 95+ percentile in CAT
2. how to Prepare for CAT in 06 months?
3. Minimum of Attempts in CAT to score 99+ %ile
3. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – Click Here to Buy
The book by R.S Agarwal is the famous book for entrance exam preparation. Not only, this book is beneficial for the CAT but also for other management exams and government exams.
Apart from it, there are many other books for Quantitative Ability Section but the books mentioned above are the best and trusted books for CAT preparation.
CAT Quantitative Ability Syllabus
It is necessary that you look at the important topics of Quant sections before start preparing for it.
- Number Systems
- Series and Progressions
- Time and Work
- Averages, Mixtures, and Alligations
- Time Speed and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Ratios and Proportions
- Coordinate Geometry
- Circles and Triangle
- Indices and Surds
- Solid Geometry
- Logarithms and Exponents
- Inequalities and Modulus
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Simple Equation
- Quadratic Equations
- Maxima and Minima
- Inequalities and Modulus
- Permutations and Combinations
- Functions and Graphs
- Operator Based Question
CAT Quantitative Ability Preparation Tips
The question difficulty for quant section usually varies from moderate to difficult. Thus, it will be helpful if you prepare accordingly for any kind of situation. The quantitative ability section needs that you have a clear understanding of the theory behind the topic. Because if you are not clear with the concept, then no tricks will help to solve questions in the exam.
- First of all, start with one or two topics daily. Read its theory properly and basic concept. Then start practicing questions from it.
- You must practice atleast 50 questions from a single topic. This way you will clearly understand the topic.
- Many questions in the exam may appear long but most of the time they require only one simple formula to crack the questions.
- Most importantly, revise the formulas regularly formulas to keep them fresh in your mind.
- For easy calculation learn cubes, squares, cube roots, square roots upto first 20 numbers.
Get the Latest Updates of other exams here
For any doubts and clarifications, please ask in the comments below.