CMAT 2020 Books – Candidates appearing for CMAT 2020 must be looking for the best books to prepare for the exam. CMAT Syllabus includes Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. The Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) is a national-level Online entrance test conducted to offer admission in various MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, PGCM courses in various AICTE approved management colleges. In this article, we bring to you a comprehensive list of Books to prepare for CMAT Exam, to ensure that all the candidates who are aiming for CMAT can also fine-tune their preparation and score high in the exam.
CMAT 2020 Books
CMAT currently has 100 questions of 400 marks with negative marking -1 per the wrong answer. It has been divided into 4 parts -Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness with ample time of 3 hrs. In order to maximize your marks focus on your strong points and try not to attempt any if you are unsure of it. Preparing from the right book can Increase the chances of clearing CMAT 2020 exam In the page below, you will find the recommended books for CMAT 2020 preparation.
Best CMAT 2020 Books For General Awareness
A candidate needs to have a strong command over current affairs and events taking place around the world. The key to scoring well in this section is by devoting quality time to reading newspapers or watching news channels. Moreover, this section is Purely Knowledge-based i.e if you know the answer choose the right option in no time. The books you should focus on are given below:
- The Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual
- General Knowledge2019 – Manohar Pandey
- Social Issues and Institution – Wizard publication
- General Knowledge 2020
- Economics Times
- The Hindu
- The Statesman
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Competition Success Review.
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
Best CMAT2020 Books For Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
The Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation section evaluates a candidate’s capability to solve mathematical problems. A candidate has to be well versed with the concepts of basic, high school level Mathematics in order to score well in this section. The recommended books For this section is as follows:
Best CMAT2020 Books For Language Comprehension
The Language Comprehension section of CMAT checks a candidate’s knowledge of the English language. In order to score well in this section, candidates need to have a strong hold over the English language which consists of grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. Reading books, writing English pieces and communicating in English are a few habits that one can work on in order to score well in this section. Therefore, the Books are mentioned below.
- High School English Grammar and Composition Book – N D V Prasada Rao
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
- Better English – Norman Lewis
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension – Arihant
How to Prepare for CMAT 2020?
Candidates must follow certain rules while preparing for CMAT 2020. The difficulty level of this exam is moderate to difficult. Due to this candidates must prepare for CMAT in advance. There are few to-do points that all the candidates must follow in order to score more in the Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT). For detailed information about CMAT 2020 Syllabus, click on the link mentioned.
If you are aiming to crack CMAT follow these points:
- Clear your Basic Concepts: Firstly, candidates must start preparing from the basics. Do not jump on the complex and tough questions directly.
- Do Smart Work: find a way of solving questions in a shortcut and as convenient as possible. Smart work is more efficient, so try to figure the problem out and save your time.
- Constant Dedication: Contributing a few hours will not crack CMAT Exam. Therefore, candidates must dedicate their quality time in the preparation of CMAT 2020.
- Learn from your Mistakes: Doing mistakes is not a bad thing. In fact, learning from mistakes is the best thing.
- Be your own competitor: Do not compare yourself to others. In fact, compete with yourself. The passion for excelling in your subjects can crack CMAT 2020
- Manage your time well: Time is the basic fundamental thing that should be managed properly. Lack of time sometimes leads to failure. However, all the candidates are advised to make a proper time table according to your subjects.
- Solve previous year Papers: Try to solve previous question papers because it will give an idea of the types of question, pattern and level of difficulty. similarly, you will prepare accordingly.
- Practice more: As it is said ” practice makes the man/woman perfect. so candidates are advised to practice again and again.
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are preparing for CMAT 2020 entrance exam must take a look at the exam pattern which is given below.
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Number of Sections: 4
- Number of Questions: 100
|Name of the Section||Number of Question||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
About CMAT 2020
CMAT is the National Entrance Exam for getting admission in the Master degree, Post Graduation course in India’s Prestigious Bussiness Schools or universities that come under AICET. Candidates interested in Mba and other PGD courses can give CMAT 2020 test. CMAT is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) most probably in the month of Jan. As soon as the official notice is out, we will update it on our page.
NTA is the National Testing Agency that usually conducts entrance exams for higher education. In Nov 2017, NTA was established and is approved by the Union Council of Ministers. JEE-Main, NEET-UG, CMAT, GPAT are the exams which are conducted by the NTA.
Official website: ntacmat.nic.in