The candidates can check the Best books recommended for HPU MAT Preparation 2019. The HPU MAT is a University level entrance examination which is held every year. The difficulty level of this entrance examination is of moderate. The best way to prepare for the HPU MAT 2019 is to study from the right resources. To score good marks in the entrance test, one requires to put the extra amount of effort in the right direction and the first step is choosing the right study material. Get hold of books you need to study for all the sections and topics. Check more details about the HPU MAT Books for preparation from this page.
Before we take a look at the list of books for preparation for HPU MAT 2019, let us first revise the exam pattern for the entrance test.
HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The HPU MAT is an offline, i.e. Pen-paper based test which consists of MCQ questions. The exam will be of 03 hours duration. There shall be a total of 200 number of questions of total 720 marks. The question paper will consist of topics like English Comprehension & Language, Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation, General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, General Knowledge & Business Awareness.
The distribution for the question in each of these sections is as follows:
|Sections||Total No. of Questions|
|English Comprehension & Language||50|
|Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation||50|
|General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||50|
|General Knowledge & Business Awareness||50|
Books Recommended For HPU MAT Preparation 2019
Here is a list of books which can help you to prepare for HPU MAT 2019.
|Name of the Book||Author||Publisher||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CA||Nishit K Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr R S Aggarwal||S Chand||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations||R S Aggarwal||–||Click Here|
|The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Nishant Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
|Quantitative aptitude for all competitive examinations||Abhijit Gupta||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|NCERT Mathematics Books for Standard 8, 9 and 10||NCERT||NCERT||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|Manorama Year Book||–||Malayalam Manorama||Click Here|
Preparation Tips For HPU MAT 2019
- The first tip for preparation of HPU MAT 2019 is to collect good study materials. There is so many study material available in the market. It is advised to the candidates to buy books related to every subject before starting to prepare. You can buy the books as given above or take help from your teachers, parents, internet, etc.
- The next important thing is that you should make a study time-table. You should give equal time amount to all the subjects.
- Start with the topics which are difficult for you to solve and slowly move on to the topics you are comfortable in. The question paper will have problems from all the topics, so it is advised to start early preparation.
- Do not start off with the difficult problems. First, solve the easy questions and then move to the difficult problems. This will help you to build up your confidence.
- Solve previous year question papers as much as you can. By solving the previous year papers you will get familiarised with the examination pattern and syllabus for HPU MAT 2019.
- Set a time limit to solve the sample papers. This will enhance time management skills in you. Since the entrance test will have a certain time limit, so the students should practice to solve the entire sample paper in that time period only.