IIM Calcutta will issue CAT 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket on October 24, 2018. Only those who will successfully register for the CAT exam before the last date and pay the complete registration fee will be able to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card. It will be available at iimcat.ac.in or you can access the same from the direct link available below. The candidates need to log in by entering details like User Id and Password to download their admit card for CAT exam. It is mandatory for the aspirants to carry the print out of the CAT Admit Card on the day of the examination along with a valid ID proof. The CAT exam is scheduled to be held on November 25, 2018. Check complete details on CAT 2018 Admit Card from this page.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates will have approximately 30 days to download the hall ticket. All the important dates for CAT 2018 have been announced. You can check the CAT Admit Card 2018 dates from the table below.
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||Important Dates|
|CAT 2018 Registration ends on||19 Sep 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card will begin on||24 Oct 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam date is||25 Nov 2018|
Admit Card: The applicants can download their CAT 2018 Admit Card at the website, www.iimcat.ac.in.
How to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card?
The candidates who will successfully register can download their CAT 2018 Admit Card to take the CAT 2018 examination. Following are the steps to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
- Click on the direct link which will be provided on this page as soon as the admit card for CAT 2018 is available for download.
- Next, you need to enter your details like User Id and Password, that is generated at the time of registration.
- Click the ‘Login’ button to submit the details and your Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Save the Admit Card in a PDF format.
- Finally, take a print out of the Admit Card. After taking the print out, paste the photograph as uploaded by you during the registration process.
Details on CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAT 2018 Admit Card is an important document without which you will not be allowed in the Test Centers on the day of the examination. The following details will be available on the CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- PWD (Yes/No)
- Photo of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Date and Day of the Test
- Test Time/Session
- Address of the test venue
- Name of the allotted test city
- Test system Number
The admit card for CAT exam looks like the image given below…
What Are the Documents to Bring to the Test Center?
On the day of the examination, you must carry the following documents or else you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- A print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card
- Any one of the following valid id proof, such as:
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Important Instructions – Rules to follow on the day of the examination
- You need to take the print out of the CAT Admit Card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer.
- Candidates are required to follow the exam rules and dress code on test day, for example – Candidates wearing shoes or any other closed footwear WILL have to leave the footwear (including socks) outside the exam hall. You can wear open Footwear like chappals, sandals etc.
- Any kind of watch, mobile phones, earphones, microphones, pager, health band or any other electronic gadgets, any printed/blank/handwritten paper, pencil box, pouch, calculator etc., are NOT allowed inside the test center.
- Report at the test center as per the schedule mentioned on the admit card. Those reporting at the exam center late due to any reason will not be permitted to sit for the test.
- On the day of the test, your digital fingerprint scan will be captured. Candidates whose fingerprints cannot be digitally scanned due to reasons like applying Mehndi/ henna/ any cosmetic colors etc., will not be permitted to take the test. It is strongly recommended that you avoid applying Mehndi on your hands (palm side) for at least 5 days prior to the test.
- Those who have opted for using a scribe must also carry the duly filled Scribe Affidavit along with the Photo ID proof (original plus a copy) of the scribe.
- Do not carry pen/ pencil/ or any stationary item as a Rough pad and pen will be provided to you in the exam hall.
- Only CAT 2018 Admit Card and original Photo ID proof will be permitted inside the test hall.
What to Do If There Is Error In the CAT 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket?
After downloading the CAT Admit Card, you must always check that the details given by you at the time of application process is printed on the admit card. If there is any kind of error in the detail(s) printed on it or if the images on the admit card are not clearly visible, you must the contact the concerned authorities immediately regarding this.
What to Do If Forgot CAT Login Password?
In case if you forget your CAT login password, you don’t have to panic. Here are the steps to retrieve your CAT 2018 Login Password:
- Visit the CAT 2018 Candidate Login Page, and click on ‘Forgot password’. Refer the image below:
2. In the next step, enter your User Id and the Captcha. Hit the ‘Get password’ button. You will able to retrieve your password. Refer the below image:
CAT 2018 Examination Pattern
The CAT 2018 is a computer-based test. The total duration of the entrance exam is 03 hours, however, there is also a section time limit of 60 minutes for each section. The CAT exam will take place in two sessions- one in the morning and then the other in afternoon. The entrance test will consist of three sections namely, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
There are two types of questions in CAT exam. One of the objective MCQ type question in which you will 04 options and you need to choose the correct answers from the given options. The other are the subjective type questions, in which you will not get any options and have to write the answer.
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Number of Non-MCQs||Duration||Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||7||60 min||102|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10||60 min||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||08||60 min||96|
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT 2018 Admit Card
Q. Can I take a black and white print out of the CAT Admit Card?
A. NO, you should take only color print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card. Also, you must take the print out on the A4 size paper.
Q. Can I bring the photocopy of the ID proof, I do not have the original one?
A. You have to carry only the original valid id proof. The photocopy or the scanned copy of the id proof is not acceptable and you will not get entry to sit for the test.
Q. I want to change my exam center for CAT 2018. What is the procedure to do so?
A. One way to change the exam center for CAT exam is through the application form correction window, which opens for a limited time period. However, you shall change the exam center for Interview and not for the entrance exam. Other than this, there is no other way of changing the exam center.
Q. Is calculator allowed inside the CAT exam center?
A. Except for the printed copy of the CAT 2018 Admit Card and valid id proof, you cannot carry anything else inside the CAT exam center. Hence, mobile phones, electronic gadgets, watches, calculator, stationary items, papers, wallets, goggles, or similar things are not allowed inside the examination center.
If you have any questions regarding CAT 2018 Admit Card, then let us know in the comment section below.