The Common Admission Test 2018 is likely to be conducted in the month of November 2018. The registration process for the same is expected to start in the month of August 2018 and the CAT 2018 Admit Card will be made available one month before the examination. Thus, the expected date being in the month of October 2018.
Candidates will be able to download their CAT 2018 Admit Card online from the official website iimcat.ac.in by entering the registration details on the login page the candidates can access their admit card and take a print out of the same. On this page, we have listed down the steps to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card and the important events related to it. Keep a regular track of this page as we will update all the details here as and when they are announced.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAT 2018 Admit Card will be an important document that must be preserved even after the CAT 2108 Examination. It is important that candidates check all the details on the admit card and take a print out of it. The expected dates of the availability of the CAT 2018 Admit Card is given in the table below:
|CAT 2018 Registration ends||3rd week of Sep 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of Oct 2018|
Admit Card: The CAT 2018 Admit Card will be available at www.iimcat.ac.in.
Details on CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAt 2018 Admit Card is an important document without which you will not be allowed in the Test Centres on exam date. The Admit Card will act as the Candidate’s Identity in the centres of examination. The following details will be available on the CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- PWD (Yes/No)
- Photo of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Date and Day of the Test
- Test Time/Session
- Test City
- Test Center (Address)
- Test system Number
How to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card?
The candidates aspiring to take admission in the IIMs of the nation for MBA programme can fill up the CAT registration form online. The candidates who will successfully register can download their CAT 2018 Admit Card to take the CAT 2018 examination. Following are the steps to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
- Visit the official webisteiimcat.ac.in or visit the direct link that will be provided above on this page.
- If you are visiting the website find the download CAT 2018 Admit Card link, and access it.
- In the next open window enter your details like User Id and Password, that are generated at the time of registration.
- Click the ‘Login’ button.
- Your Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details carefully.
- Save the Admit Card in a PDF format.
- Take a print out of the Admit Card, make sure it is clean and all the details are clearly visible.
Forgot CAT Login Password?
In aces you forget your CAT login password, you don’t have to panic. But it is important to access your CAT 2018 Admit Card. Here are the steps to retrieve your CAT 2018 Login Password:
- Visit the CAT 2018 Candidate Login Page, and click on ‘Forgot password’. Refer the image below:
2. In the next step, enter your User Id and the Captcha. Hit the ‘Get password’ button. Your password will be retrieved. Refer the below image:
CAT 2018 Examination Pattern
The CAT 2018 examination will be conducted as per the schedule that is yet to be announced. The examination pattern will remain the same more or less. The exam pattern of CAT 2018 is given below:
Duration: 180 Minutes, the test will be conducted in 2 sessions.
There will be 3 sections of the Question Paper:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
- Section III: Quantitative Ability.
Mode of CAT 2018 Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)
Type of Questions: Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen.
Total Number of Questions: 100
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: 34
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: 32
- Quantitative Ability: 34
Note: Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
CAT Test Centres
The Common Entrance Test is conducted each year by the IIMs at various Test Centres across the Nation. Last year CAT was conducted across 140 test cities. Some important points to be noted are:
- Candidates can select 4 test cities as per their preference.
Test Cities and Centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2018 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.
Candidates are mostly assigned their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted to an alternate city.