CAT 2018 Admit Card – For the CAT 2018 exam on 25 Nov, the hall ticket has been available. Candidates can download the CAT Admit Card 2018 until the exam day. It is available at iimcat.ac.in or at direct link available below. You will need only registration number and password for CAT 2018 Admit Card Download. As the exam important instructions have been available, candidates can read them to follow on test day. Also, it is important to carry an A-4 size print out of CAT 2018 Admit card with photograph affixed and identity proof in original. PwD candidates must carry scribe affidavit with them. Know how to download CAT 2018 Admit Card, important documents to carry, what to carry, what not to carry and more information from this page.
Be Updated with Latest News
- IIM Calcutta Released the CAT 2018 Exam Day Instructions and Rules.
- CAT 2018 in Less than 1 Week; Here are last Minute Tips
- 5 Important Points to check about CAT 2018 Admit Card.
- What to do after downloading CAT 2018 Admit Card?
- CAT 2018 Admit Card Released.
- Check Reporting Time and Important Instruction for Exam.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
This year, 2.41 Lakh students registered for CAT 2018. There is a spike of 10,000 candidates as compared to last year. In CAT 2017, 20 students scored 100%ile in the exam. The highest marks scored by the 100 percentiles was 255 out of 300. You can do it too. Just prepare and do not forget to carry CAT 2018 Admit Card on the exam day.
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||Important Dates|
|CAT 2018 Registration ends on||26 Sep 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||24 Oct 2018|
|Last Date to download CAT Admit Card 2018||25 Nov 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam date is||25 Nov 2018|
Prepare Well of CAT 2018
How to Download the CAT Admit Card 2018?
The CAT 2018 admit card is only available online. IIM-C will not send it at candidate’s postal address or e-mail id. Candidates will be able to download it following the few simple steps provided below.
Step 1: First of all, click on the direct link available on this page to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
Candidates will not find the direct link on the website. you need to first login to download the admit card.
Step 2: Next, Enter the details like User Id and Password, that were generated at the time of registration.
Step 3: Now, click the ‘Login’ button to submit the details.
You will see the “Admit Card” option in the top-right corner as shown in the image below.
Step 4: Click on the admit card option and then click on “Assesment”.
Step 5: Finally, click on “Search” and download it from Action option available below in the admit card window.
Step 6: Save it in a PDF format and take a print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
Step 7: Last, paste the photograph as uploaded by you during the registration process.
The CAT 2018 Admit Card exam looks like the image given below…
Important Instructions to follow on Test Day
Candidates must maintain the decorum on the test day. So, carefully read all the instructions written on the CAT 2018 Admit Card and the same are available below. Any violation of the rules may lead to the interruption in the smooth conduction of the examination.
- Reach 7:30 AM for the forenoon session and 1:00 PM for the afternoon session.
- Notably, there is no entry after 8:45 AM and 2:15 PM for forenoon and afternoon session respectively.
- The exam will commence exactly at the mentioned timings on the admit card.
Is there any Dress Code for Exam Day?
- You are not allowed to wear footwear inside the exam hall. You can wear plain pullovers, sweaters, cardigans etc without pockets.
- Prefer comfortable clothes. Also, avoid jewelry, jackets on the exam day.
- Any electronic gadgets like microphones, pager, health band, watch, mobile phones, earphones etc.
- Also, any stationery items like printed/blank/handwritten paper, pouch, calculator, pencil box, pen etc are not permitted.
- Candidates opted for scribe must produce duly filled Scribe Affidavit along with the Photo ID proof (original plus a copy).
Before the examination
- First of all, frisking and document verification will take place for all the students.
- Then, the biometrics, fingerprint scan will start. For, Candidates not able to produce fingerprint due to reasons like Mehndi/ henna/ any cosmetic colors etc will not able to take the test.
During the Examination
- Sit on the system that is allocated to you by the invigilator.
- Do not exchange your system with other candidates. For any issues, contact the test administrator only.
- You will get a pen or writing pad and no extra sheets or pads will be provided.
- Once the test starts, you will not get any bio-breaks.
After the Examination
- Take the id proof and your other belongings with you after the examination.
- The TA will collect the CAT 2018 Admit Card, writing pad, pens from you.
- Leave the test premises only after the proper instructions.
What’s New in CAT 2018 Admit Card?
CAT 2018 admit card has issued with a few changes this year. Candidates will find the following new things on the admit card.
- Reference Number – Candidates will find the reference number instead of Test System Number. It will help to find the test wing/ lab etc on the exam day.
- Locate Test Centre on Google Maps – IIM has provided the facility via direct to locate test center on the google maps.
CAT 2018 Mock Test
IIM Calcutta has released the mock test for CAT 2018. Through the mock test available, candidates can check the test pattern. Students will have an overview of how to take the test on the exam day. The mock does not pre-define the types or number of questions that will come in exam. The mock test is just available to get adapted to the test environment.
What to Do After Downloading CAT 2018 Admit Card
Once the CAT 2018 admit card has been downloaded, the candidates have to ensure follows:
- Make sure all the details in it are correct.
- Download it and get it printed on an A-4 sheet.
- Paste passport size photograph in the space provided for it.
What to If there is Error in CAT 2018 Admit Card?
After downloading CAT Admit card 2018, the candidates must check all the information provided on it. If any or the details is incorrect, then the candidates can contact [email protected] Candidates were expecting that IIM Calcutta will provide the facility to correct details in the application form but only the photo correction window was opened.
How to Recover Password to Download CAT 2018 Admit Card?
In order to download CAT 2018 Admit Card, it is necessary to have the CAT Login Password. In case if you have forgotten it, follow the simple the steps to retrieve the Password.
- First, visit the CAT login link available above.
- Next, click on ‘Forgot User Id and password’ option.
- Now, enter the registered email-id and captcha to get the login details.
4. Click on ‘Get User ID/ Password’ button. You will receive an email shortly on your registered email id.
5. Thereafter, you will able to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
The email for the lost password and registration number will appear like this.
Document to Carry on the Exam Day
On the test day, carry the following documents with you. In case of any missing document, you will not get the entry in the examination hall. Most Importantly, carry the print out on A4 size sheet only.
- A hard copy of the CAT 2018 Admit Card with an attested photograph.
- A valid and original Identity proof.
- Scribe affidavit (If required)
You must carry one of the of the following valid id proof.
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Details on CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAT 2018 Admit Card is an important document that you must carry on the day of the examination. Notably, you will find the following details on the CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- PWD (Yes/No)
- Photo of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Date and Day of the Test
- Test Time/Session
- Address of the test venue
- Name of the allotted test city
- Test system Number
Importance of CAT 2018 Admit Card
The CAT 2018 Admit Card is important to carry on the examination day. It will act as the proof that you have taken the test at the specified exam centre. The exam conducting body will keep the record of this by collecting the admit card after the examination. Thus, you submit the CAT Admit Card 2018 to the invigilator. Moreover, once you download the CAT 2018 Admit Card, keep the soft copy of the same with you. Such that whenever you need it, you will able to use it.
Facilities Available to Person With Disability (PWD)
Candidates who have applied for CAT 2018 in PWD Category will get few facilities provided by the exam centre. Such that, the candidates can use the Test Assisting Devices to take the exam without any hassle. Exam centre will only provide the facility of Magnifying Screen and Wheel Chair. Whereas Hearing Aids, Abacus, wheelchair, Scribe/reader should be arranged by the candidate only.
CAT 2018 Examination Pattern
The Common Admission Test is the computer-based exam. The total duration of the exam is 180 minutes with 60 minutes allotted to each of the three sections. They comprise of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability. Since the exam will take in two sessions, the difficulty level and the type of questions may vary from session to session. Questions in the exams are both subjective and objective. Candidates must maintain the balance between the accuracy and the number of questions.
|Section||Number of Non-MCQs||Total Number of Questions||Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||10||34||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||08||32||96|
CAT 2018 Result
Once the exam is over, the IIM-C will release the CAT 2018 Result in the first week of January 2019. The result will be available on the official website. Candidates will also receive the intimation via SMS containing the overall percentile of the candidates. To check the detailed result you need to download it where you will find the sectional and overall percentiles. Following that, different IIMs will release the list of the candidates who are eligible to appear for the GDPI round.
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT 2018 Admit Card
Q. What if I am not able to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card?
A. First, check if you are using the recommended browsers. Then, check if you have successfully submitted the application form. Following that try to download early in the morning or late in the night. If the problem still does not solve then write to CAT authorities immediately.
Q. Does the CAT 2018 Admit Card will be sent by post?
A. No, CAT 2018 Admit Card will be available online only at iimcat.ac.in.
Q. Should I take a colored or a black and white print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card?
A. There isn’t any compulsion to take the colored print out. Black and white CAT 2018 Admit Card will also do good.
Q. Can I carry the photocopy of the Identity proof?
A. In any circumstances, you have to carry the original valid id proof only. The photocopies are not at all accepted and you will not get entry to sit for the test.
Q. Will I able to change the exam center for CAT 2018. What is the procedure to do so?
A. One way to change the exam center for CAT exam is through the application form correction window, which opens for a limited time period. You may able to change the centre for an interview but not for the examination day.
Q. Can I carry a calculator inside the CAT exam center?
A. No, you cannot carry calculators inside the exam hall. Moreover, you will get the onscreen calculator during the test.
Q. What to do in case of CAT Admit Card Lost 2018?
A. In such cases, you can visit the official website again to download the CAT 2018 Admit Card.
CAT 2018 Helpline Number
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in
Email ID: [email protected]
Number: 1-800-209-0830 [Monday to Saturday 9:00AM to 6:00PM (excluding National holidays)]
About CAT 2018
Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level examination held for admission of graduate candidates in MBA and related courses. The examination is conducted in computer based mode. It is conducted by IIMs but score of exam is also considered by more than 200 B-Schools for admission.
The complete list of IIMs accepting CAT score is as below:
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Nagpur
- Rajiv Gandhi IIM Shillong
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Lucknow
- IM Udaipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Indore
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Visakhapatnam
List Non-IIMs accepting CAT 2018 score are as follows:
1. SJMSOM, IIT Bombay
2. FMS, DU (Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi)
3. DMS, IIT Delhi
4. UBS Chandigarh
5. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai
6. Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon
If you have any questions regarding CAT 2018 Admit Card, then let us know in the comment section below.