CAT 2018 Answer Key – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta will release the official CAT Answer Key 2018 a few days after the examination. CAT 2018 will be held on November 25, 2018. Last year, IIM Lucknow issued the official question paper and answer key on December 07, 2018. So, we can expect that the CAT 2018 Answer Key will release by the first week of December 2018. The PDF that will be available on iimcat.ac.in will contain the single file having the correct answer against each question. The CAT Answer Key 2018 will help the candidates to check the correct solutions of the exam. Even more, candidates can also challenge the answer before the last date. Last year, the objection fee is Rs 1000/- for a doubt. For more details regarding CAT 2018 Answer Key read the complete article below.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
In CAT 2017, there were 20, 100 percentiles consisting of 2 Women and 3 Non-Engineers. Even the trend of the score of 99 percentiles is changing over the years. The score was 174/300, 156/300, 178/ 300 for 99 percentile in CAT 2017, 2016, and 2015 respectively. So, just aiming at the pre-defined score is not enough to crack CAT.
Success Stories: Read about CAT Top Percentiles
CAT 2018 Answer Key Date – IIMs have started the releasing CAT answer key form last year only. So, if the CAT 2018 Answer Key release, then here the tentative date for same as follows.
|CAT 2018 Answer Key||Date|
|Exam Date||25 Nov 2018|
|CAT 2018 Answer Key Release Date||First week of December 2018|
|Last Date to Raise Objection||Second week of December 2018|
|CAT 2018 Result Date||First week of January 2019|
Check: CAT 2018 Answer Key will release at iimcat.ac.in.
What there in CAT 2018 Answer Key?
The CAT 2018 Answer Key will release in two different PDFs for Shift 1 &2. Candidates must download the key according to the shift in which they have appeared for the exam. You can recheck the shift from CAT 2018 Admit Card also. According to CAT 2017 Answer Key, the answer will consist of the following details.
- Correct Answer will appear green in color and with (√) Symbol.
- Incorrect Answer will appear red in color and with (X) Symbol.
- Paper Name
- Creation Date
- Total Marks
- Display Marks
- If Magnifying Glass, Ruler, Eraser, Scratch, Notepad, Required?
- Section Marks, ID etc.
Questions and Sub-Question Detail
- Identity Number
- Question Type
Each question in the will appear like this in CAT 2018 Answer Key.
Unofficial CAT 2018 Answer Key
Many unofficial websites and coaching institutes used to release the CAT 2018 Answer Key just after the exam. But, last year IIM released the official statement that any institute or person releasing 2018 Answer Key had to face legal consequences. So this year also, candidates will only able to use the CAT Score/ Percentile predictors only before the final release of official CAT 2018 Answer Key. Even, according to the disclaimer by IIM, no person is allowed to disclose the details of the exam orally or in writing.
As, after the exam candidates are curious to know the answer and guess the percentile they can get in the exam. So, still, wait for the official CAT 2018 Answer Key and refer it only to know the solution of the paper.
How to Download CAT 2018 Answer Key?
The official CAT 2018 Answer Key will be available at iimcat.ac.in. Candidates can download it after its release by following the procedure given below.
- First of all, click on the official link available above.
- Use CAT 2018 Login credentials ie Registration and password to access the student dashboard.
- Therein click on Answer Key option and select the shift according to your shift.
- Now, click on the “Download” option to access the CAT 2018 Answer Key in PDF format.
- Save the CAT 2018 Answer Key for the future reference.
CAT 2017 Answer Key
|CAT exam year||Download CAT Answer Key|
|2017||Click Here to download for Shift 1
Click Here to download for Shift 2
How to Calculate score after checking CAT 2018 Answer Key?
Candidates must check their score after checking the CAT 2018 Answer Key. It will help you predict your percentile and select the management institute accordingly.
Marking Scheme+3 Marks for each correct answer
- -1 for incorrect answers
- No negative marking for Non-MCQ type questions.
The formula to Calculate the Overall Marks
Total Marks = Number of Correct Answers x 3 – Number of Incorrect Answers (only for MCQ) x 1
|Section||Total Number of Questions (Tentative)||Number of Non-MCQs (Tentative)||Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||08||96|
How to Raise Objections in CAT 2018 Answer Key?
After downloading the CAT 2018 Answer Key candidates can raise objections if there is an incorrect answer. So, if you find answer wrong, then you can challenge the same within the last day of raising objections. It is advisable that candidates raise the doubts after consulting teachers or other test takers.
The candidates need to pay of Rs 1000/- per objection. In case the doubt is found valid then the objection fee without transaction cost will be reverted back to the students. The process to raise objections in CAT 2018 Answer Key are as follows.
- Use the CAT 2018 Login and access the student dashboard.
- Click on the Objection tab and click on “+” to add your doubt.
- Now, you will get the option to choose the section, question number, and type of objection.
- You can select either “None of the option is correct”, “More than one option is correct” or “Given Answer Key is wrong”. Choose the suitable option according to your objection.
- If necessary, also add the remarks within 500 words.
- Pay the applicable fee and submit the objections.
The significance of CAT 2018 Answer Key
Since IIM does not allow the unofficial CAT 2018 Answer Key, the official key helps the students to know the correct answers. Besides that, these are advantaged of having CAT 2018 Answer Key.
- Candidates will able to calculate the scores before the official announcement of result.
- To some extent, candidates will able to know their percentile in the exam.
- Calculating scores early helps to select B-schools according to your percentile bracket.
- It also brings transparency in the conduction of the exam.
What after challenging CAT 2018 Answer Key?
Once the objection window closes, the exam conducting body will thoroughly scrutinize the objections raised by students. Thus, after the proper analysis, the committee will announce its final decision. The final CAT 2018 Answer Key or updated answer key will also release.
- Objection money Refund – If the doubts found to be valid, candidates will get the refund of objection fees.
- Benefits to all the students – Not only candidates who have raised the doubts but also all the test takers will be benefitted.
CAT 2018 Exam Analysis
CAT is always there to throw surprises in the exam. From the number of questions to difficulty level will be known once the exam is over on November 25, 2018.
In CAT 2017, there were 26 questions from MCQ. Thus candidates must attempt these questions as there are no negative marks for these questions. Verbal Ability section had three types of questions. These were 4 para jumbles, 3 odd one out and 3 paragraph summary. Additionally, there were 5 reading comprehension questions, 3 long texts, and 2 small texts.
In data Interpretation, there were 16 questions from data tables, index-based questions etc. Whereas in Logical Reasoning consisted of questions from seating arrangement, direction ranking, and distribution. In Quantitative Ability, important topics were from algebra (9- 10 questions) and form Geometry.
CAT 2018 Result
CAT 2018 Result will release in the first week of January 2019. Candidates will receive the overall percentile on their mobile phones. For the complete scores, download the result from official website. Candidates can download the result and can use the result to take admission in management institutes.
IIM on the result day itself will release the list of the students who will qualify for the next round. The list will available on individual IIM website only. For the Non-IIMs, candidates can take admission according to the cut off released by them. It is necessary to fill the forms of these institutes in order to take admission.
Read: CAT 2018 Cut Off
The complete list of IIMs accepting CAT score is as below:
- Bodh Gaya
List Non-IIMs accepting CAT 2018 score are as follows:
1. SJMSOM, IIT Bombay
2. FMS, DU (Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi)
3. DMS, IIT Delhi
4. UBS Chandigarh
5. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai
6. Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon
7. Other Top-B-Schools
8. Top 200 Management Institutes open for MBA Admission 2019