CAT 2018 Exam Instructions – Recently, IIM Calcutta has released the exam day test instructions, workflow to help candidates on the exam day. This year CAT Exam 2018 for admission to the academic year 2019-21 will take place on November 25, 2018. According to the official source, around 2.41 lakh candidates have applied for CAT 2018. The exam, as usual, will conduct in two sessions in a day. Candidates who will have original CAT 2018 Admit Card and identity proof will get the entry in the exam hall. Only after proper document verification and biometrics, teat takers will able to take the exam. Here is the summarized and important information to read in the Media Release by IIM Calcutta. Candidates can also check the official video to know the CAT 2018 Test Day Workflow.
Dress code for Exam – CAT 2018 Dress Code to follow.
CAT 2018 Exam Day Instructions
Here are the important dates and bell timings for the CAT 2018 exam day. This year test will take place in 374 test centres in 147 cities all over India.
|CAT 2018 Workflow by IIM Calcutta||20 Nov 2018|
|Exam Date||25 Nov 2018
Slot 1 -> 9:00 AM – 12:00
Slot 2 -> 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM
|CAT 2018 Analysis||25 Nov 2018|
|Answer Key||01st week of Dec 2018|
|Result||02nd week of Jan 2019|
Key Points to Know for Exam Day
#1. Carry admit card, id proof, and other required certificates.
#2. No footears are allowed inside the exam hall.
#3. Candidates will get only 1 writing pad.
#4. Submit admit card, test pad, pen before leaving the exam hall.
Here are the highlights for the CAT 2018 Exam day rules and instructions as released by IIM Calcutta.
- Slot 1 -> 7:30 AM for the morning shift. (No entry after 8.45 am)
- Slot 2 -> 1:00 PM for the afternoon shift. (No entry after 2.15 pm)
The exam will have three sections naming Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, and, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
- 1 hour for each section – Total of 180 Minutes or 03 Hours
- 1 hour 20 Mins for PWD candidates – Total of 240 Minutes or 04 Hours
Documents to Carry
- 2 copies of Admit Card with Photograph Affixed
- Required Identity Proofs
- Candidates with scribe must bring documents accordingly.
Candidates must comfortable clothes exam day.
- Avoid Jewellery, Watches, Jackets. As mentioned footwears are also not allowed in the exam hall.
- Wear clothes with no pockets.
- Socks, plain pullovers, sweaters, cardigans with no pockets are allowed.
These are the following items prohibited inside the exam hall.
- Metal Items including Jewelry like Rings, pendants, bangles, brooches etc.
- Eyeglass case
- Electronic Gadget
- Sharp or dangerous object
- Food items
- Chewing gums
- Shoes etc.
हिन्दी में पढ़ें – भूल कर भी न करें कैट 2018 में ये गलति
हिन्दी में जानें – कैट एग्जाम 2018 की तैयारी कैसे करें।
Candidates must also bring the medical certificate. The authorization letter will be issued only on the case by case basis on the final decision of CAT centre.
Instructions for CAT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for CAT 2018 is provisional. For the final admission, it is compulsory that candidates have filled all the eligibility criteria, qualification etc. The details will be checked in the further stages of the admission process.
Check Important Details in Admit Card -> Name, Registration Number, Exam Date, Time / Session, PwD status, Test city, Test Center address, Reference Number
Note: Reference number will help candidates to find the Exam Lab or Console in the Test Center on the Exam Day.
Printing of Admit Card -> Take the print out of Admit card only in A4 size paper. Prefer Laser printer and make sure that photograph and signature are legibly printed on the hall ticket.
Exam Centre -> Candidates must locate test location atleast one day before the exam. You can use the google map link available on the admit card.
Important Do’s for CAT 2018 Exam Day
Here are the important instructions that candidates must keep in mind on the exam day.
- Arrangements for the Exam Day – Candidates must themselves take care for the food, travel, accommodation, medical etc.
- Before Leaving the Test Hall – Candidates must take their admit card, IDs with them before leaving the exam hall. Also, submit the admit card, text pad and pen to the invigilator.
- Debarred Items – Test takers will have to submit mobile phone, bag, wallets, Jackets, Jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, stationery items, etc.
- Technical or other issues – For any Problem reach the invigilator only.
- Attendance – Sign the attendance sheet whenever asked by the invigilator.
Important Don’ts for CAT 2018 Exam Day
Here are the important don’ts for the exam day.
- Exam Attempts – Do not take the exam more than once. In such case, candidates exam will be canceled and will be debarred from future exams also.
- Unfair Means – Do not take any actions that could lead to the case of cheating, copying answers etc.
- Use of Key Board – On the exam day, do not use the keyboard, it will lock the system.
- Writing Pages – Candidates must not waste writing pad as it will be distributed only once on exam day.
Exam Day Workflow for the CAT 2018 Exam
Here is the visual description of exam day workflow.
#1. Reach the exam centre
- Reach the exam centre according to the reporting time. Arrange the travel plans accordingly.
- Then, locate the lab number and seat number as mentioned on the list available outside each exam centre.
- Show your admit card and identity proofs to the Security personnel at Main Entrance.
- Submit the belongings according to the rules of exam centre.
#2. Frisking and checking of documents
- Candidates will be frisked with the metal detector, it is applicable to both males and females.
- At frisking point, you should only have Admit Card, Photo Identity Card, Medical certificate (candidates having a metal implant or pacemaker) and Scribe
affidavit (if applicable).
#3. Document Verification
After the frisking process, document verification round will take place.
- Show all the documents in original.
- After successful verification, move to your labs and remove footwear outside the lab.
- Co-operate while thumb-print impression and photograph clicking process.
- Sign the attendance sheet.
Bio Breaks – Do not bio breaks during the exam. Use it, only before the commencement of exam. In case of medical emergency (diabetic patient), a candidate will be escorted by the exam staff.
#5. Exam Commencement
- Candidates must sit on their allotted seat.
- Use only Mouse and an onscreen keyboard for the test console.
- Use only virtual keyboard in order to enter the details or to answer Non-MCQ questions.
A candidate will get only 1 writing pad for the exam. So, use the pages judiciously.
#6. Exam Format
Candidates will see the one question at a time on the left side of screen and exam pallet on the right side. It consist the following options.
- Question Paper- Use it to view the entire questions paper at once.
- Profile Showing candidates related information.
- Instructions: You can read instructions at any time.
- Calculator: Use an on-screen calculator, available immediately above the Timer.
#7. Leaving the Exam Centre
- Candidates must leave the exam centre only after the proper instructions by an invigilator.
- Submit the required documents. Importantly, return the text pad.
Important Forms to Download for CAT 2018
Test Day Exception Form
In case there are exceptions on the exam day, then candidates need to sign this form. For this invigilator will help to fill the exception form.
In case candidates carrying any prohibited items on the exam day due to medical reasons, then they must submit the authorization form.
Important Forms to Download
Important Instructions for Persons with Disability (PwD) Candidates
Here are the important instructions for Persons with Disability (PwD) Candidates.
- Seating Arrangements – Candidates will get rooms at ground floor or at rooms which are accessible by elevators.
- Assistance – For any assistance, candidates will get designated PwD invigilator for any issues.
- Scibe Certificate – Candidates must have scribe certificate/afidavit with them, is applicable.
- Time Limit – All the PwD candidates will get an extra time of 20 mins for each section.
- Wheelchair – Exam centre will have the wheelchairs if requested by candidates in the registration form.
- Entry – PwD candidates will get priority entry in the exam hall.
- Zoom Feature – Visually impaired candidates can use the zoom feature available on the test console.