CAT 2018 Mock Test – IIM Calcutta has released the CAT Official Mock Test 2018 link at iimcat.ac.in. Candidates will find the two links on the website. The same has been updated on the page below. The mock tests will be available from October 17, 2018, to November 25, 2018. The practice test will help the students to get familiarize with the exam environment. By taking the CAT 2018 Official Mock Test, you will know how to use the tools and feature available on the test window. You will need the CAT Registration Number and Password to access the mock test. Candidates can take the test only once. It is advisable that you complete the test in one go. So, check the internet connection and system stability before taking the test. Check the complete details regarding CAT 2018 Mock Test in the article below.
- CAT 2018 Rules: IIM Calcutta Released the CAT 2018 Exam Day Instructions and Rules.
- CAT 2018 admit card Released. Download Now.
- CAT 2018 in Less than 1 Week; Here are last Minute Tips
CAT 2018 Mock Test
Every year, IIMs release the mock test for the students who have registered for the exam. Last year, IIM Lucknow released the CAT Mock Test on October 30, 2018. Candidates can download the CAT 2018 Admit Card from October 24, 2018.
Symbiosis Registration Open SNAP 2018.
CAT 2018 Mock Test Date – The schedule for the release of CAT 2018 Mock Test link is available in the table below.
|CAT 2018 Mock Test||Important Dates|
|Availability of CAT Official Mock Test 2018||17 Oct 2018|
|Mock Test will Available until||25 Nov 2018|
|CAT Admit Card 2018 will release on||24 Oct 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam date||25 Nov 2018|
How to Access the Official CAT 2018 Mock Test by IIM?
Candidates can take the practice test available on the official website after going through these simple steps.
- First of all, access the direct CAT 2018 Mock Test link available above.
- In the new window, enter the CAT Registration Number and Password. You must have received the registration number on the email id and the password on the mobile phone.
Canddiates must use the onscreen keyboard to enter the details. Importantly, Enter the registration number and password in reverse order only.
- After entering the details correctly, click on “Sign In” to access the CAT 2018 Mock Test.
- Now, read all the important instruction written on the screen. Use F11 to get the details in full screen.
- Only after reading the instructions properly click on “I am Ready to Begin”.
Facilities Available on CAT 2018 Mock Test Screen
Candidates will find the following tools and features on official CAT 2018 Mock Test Screen.
- Question Palette
- Feature to Expand the Question Area
- Answering the Questions Option
- Changing the response
- Navigation Thorugh Section
- View Question Paper
For the detailed information, check the CAT 2018 Navigation guideline.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for Common Admission Test is as follows.
Must Read CAT 2018 Articles
- Mode of the exam: Computer-based test
- Total Duration of exam: 3 hours or 180 minutes
- Types of Questions: MCQ and Non-MCQ (Subjective Type questions)
- Number of Sections: There are three sections which are Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning,, Quantitative Ability
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks for each correct answer. -1 for incorrect MCQ based questions. There is no negative marking for Non-MCQ based questions.
The distribution of question according to CAT 2017.
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Number of Non-MCQs||Duration||Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||7||60 min||102|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10||60 min||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||08||60 min||96|
Advantages of Using CAT 2018 Mock Test
Since the CAT 2018 Mock Test has been available, use the opportunity to get adapted to the test environment of CAT 2018.
- Get familiar with the test window.
- Know the exam rules and instructions.
- Exam pattern like sections, marking scheme etc.
- Know how to save answers and move forward.
- It will help how to make the exam strategy according to the fixed sections order and time limit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I take the mock test multiple times?
A. No, you can the CAT Mock Test only once.
Q. Can I take the CAT Mock Test 2018 in multiple session?
A. It is advisable that you take the test in one go. In case answers are not saved, you may have to take the test from starting.
Q. Will I able to review the correct or incorrect answers after the test?
A. No, the official website has not provided any such facility. Though many unofficial websites release the answers for Official CAT Mock Test 2018.
Q. Will the actual test will be like CAT 2018 Official Mock Test?
A. No, the mock test is only the guideline to make the students aware of the test window. It does not specify the number of questions that will definitely appear in the actual test. It is helpful to know the test tools and exam pattern.
Q. What if I am not able to access the CAT 2018 Official Mock Test?
A. Only candidates who have registered successfully will able to access the CAT 2018 Mock Test. Moreover, use the onscreen keyboard to enter the login credentials. Importantly, enter the registration number and password in reverse order.