CAT 2018 Notification will be released by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in the month of July/ August 2018. However, with the early release of exam date, it is accepted that the notification for CAT 2019 will also be released early by the Last week of July 2018. The exam is scheduled to be held on November 25, 2018. CAT is a computer-based test which will be held in two sessions. The notification for CAT 2018 consist of details such as Important Dates, Registration process, eligibility, test cities, etc.
In the notification, you will also get the name of the IIMs which accepts CAT 2018 score for admission to its various PG Programmes. The IIMs which accept CAT score are IIM Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam. On this page, you will get complete details on CAT 2018 Notification.
CAT 2018 Notification
With the help of the CAT 2018 notification, you will get every necessary detail of the exam precise and short. There are many reports which are claiming that IIM Calcutta will conduct CAT 2018. However, it can only be confirmed with the release of CAT 2018 Notification.
The notification for CAT exam looks like this…….
CAT 2018 Official Website
For the past 5-6 years, the official website for CAT has been iimcat.ac.in. Also, the IIM has announced the date for CAT 2018 exam at this website only. Further information will be available in the month of July/ August 2018.
The notification explains what exactly CAT exam is. So, basically, the Common Admission Test as it is popularly known as CAT is a national level exam. It is a gateway for admission in Post Graduate and Fellow Programme offered at IIMs. Also, the score for CAT is used for admission by various top notch B-schools all over India.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CAT is not explained in the notification, however, it hasn’t been changed over the years. The eligibility criteria to appear for CAT 2018 is as follows:
- There is no age limit to apply for CAT.
- The aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Should have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, PWD categories] in degree examination.
- Possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India (including the Associate Membership Examination (AMICE) of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India) as an equivalent qualification)
- Those who are appearing the final year of degree examination are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018
CAT 2018 Reservation
The complete details on the reservation of seats for various categories of applicants will be published online. The candidates can check the reservation details at CAT official website. The category once filled by the applicant is final and cannot be changed. So, it is advised to the aspirants to take care while registering for the exam.
CAT 2018 Registration Fees
The registration fee to be paid by the candidate for CAT 2018 will be given in the notification. It is expected that the registration fee payable for CAT 2018 is as follows:
- Rs. 950/- for SC, ST, and PwD category candidates
- Rs. 1900/- for all other category candidates
The application fee to be paid by the candidate is non-refundable. Also, you have to pay only the registration fee irrespective of the number of Institutes are applying for.
CAT 2018 Important Dates
- Registration opens on: 08 Aug 2018
- Registration closes on: 24 Sep 2018
- Download CAT 2018 Admit Card: 20 Oct 2018
- CAT 2018 exam date: 25 Nov 2018
- Declaration of CAT 2018 Result: 10 Jan 2019
CAT 2018 Test Centers
The CAT 2018 exam will be held across the 140 test cities. At the time of filling the CAT 2018 Application form, the candidates need to choose any four test cities in the order of their preference. On the basis of the preference submitted by the candidate and its availability, the aspirant will be allotted a test center.