The IIM Lucknow shall start the CAT 2018 Registration by August 08, 2018. The aspirants can apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT) through online mode only at iimcat.ac.in. The window for submitting the CAT 2018 Application Form will be open for 45 days. Before you proceed to fill in details in the CAT Online Application, ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria of the entrance test. The aspirants first need to register for the exam and after that can proceed to fill in other necessary details, and pay the registration fee. The application fee for CAT gradually increases every year, hence, it is expected that the exam fee charges may increase for this year. Check more details about the CAT 2018 Registration from this page.
CAT 2018 Registration
In the year 2017, about 2,31,000 candidates registered for CAT exam, whereas in the year 2016, 2,32,292 candidates registered for the entrance test. The lowest registration count for CAT exam was in the year 2013 when only 1,94,516 candidates registered. However, since, then the number of candidates registering for CAT exam has been generally 02 lakh, so it is expected that this year as well about 02 lakh candidates will apply.
CAT 2018 Application Form Dates: As of for now only the exam date for CAT 2018 has been announced. However, it is expected that the registration process for CAT shall begin as per the schedule given on this page, Hence you can refer to the dates given below for CAT 2018 Online Application.
|CAT 2018 Registration||Important Dates (expected)|
|Commencement of Registration for CAT 2018||08 Aug 2018|
|Last Date to Register||24 Sep 2018|
|Application form correction dates||04th week of Sep 2018|
|CAT Exam Date||25 Nov 2018 – Declared|
Read | Click Here to know how previous year CAT toppers scored 100 percentile
Five things to know about CAT 2018 Registration
Here are five important things that you must know regarding CAT Registration 2018.
- The registration form for CAT is a single document which is divided into 05 pages.
- The online registration process for CAT 2018 remains open for more than one and a half month. You will not get any printed CAT Application Form. The CAT 2018 registration last date shall fall after 45 days from the date of opening of CAT 2018 registration process.
- The CAT 2018 Application Form is a part of CAT 2018 Registration Form. Furthermore, the registration is the first for applying for the exam, after which the candidates can fill details in the application form.
- Do not submit any other person, your parent’s/ guardian or coaching center’s email id. You must enter your own personal email id and mobile number. The User ID and Password for CAT 2018 Login will be sent to the registered email id only.
CAT 2018 Registration Fee
The Registration Fee for CAT exam increases gradually every year.
|CAT exam year||Category|
|SC, ST, and PwD||All Other Categories|
|2015||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 1600/-|
|2016||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1700/-|
|2017||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1800/-|
CAT 2018 Registration Fee: From the above table, it is clear every year, Rs. 50 increases for SC, ST, and PWD candidates, whereas, Rs. 100 for all other category candidates. So, on the basis of the observation of the above table. for CAT 2018 exam the candidates may have to pay:
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: Rs. 950/-
- For Other Category Candidates: Rs. 1900/-
The mode of payment for the CAT exam is same throught the year. So the candudates need to pay the registration by using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
Items To Keep Ready For CAT 2018 Registration
It is advisable to the candidates to keep the following items ready for the registration.
- Mark sheets of 10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma
- Category Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature
- Prepare a list of IIMs for which you wish to apply for
Read More | Click Here to check the instructions for uploading images in CAT 2018 Online Application
CAT 2018 Registration Process
The CAT Registration 2018 will be divided into two parts. In Part 1, the candidates will have to register to obtain the ID and password. After getting it, candidates will have to furnish their personal, educational, and other details in the application form for CAT 2018. You can read the complete process for CAT 2018 Registration, fee payment, and more below.
Complete Process To Do CAT 2018 Registration
The candidates can successfully register for the exam by following the step-by-step instructions as given below:
- Firstly, click on the link which will be given on this page for registering for the CAT exam.
- Read the instructions given on the registration form carefully and then proceed further.
- Next, you need to enter details such as your Name, Date of Birth, Email id, and Mobile number.
- Enter the OTP which you will receive on your mobile phone.
- Click on “I Agree” in the declaration part and then click on “Submit” button.
- Finally, on submitting the details, you will receive your User ID and Password.
How To Fill CAT 2018 Application Form?
Now that you have registered for the exam successfully, you can proceed to fill in details in the application form. Simply follow the instructions as given below to fill in details in the CAT 2018 Form:
#1. Login to Website
- To fill in details in the application form, you need to login first using the User Id and Password.
- Click on the Login button to submit the details.
#2. Fill Details in the Application Form
Next, the candidates need to enter the following details in the application form:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
Fill Personal Details: You will have to fill the following details.
- Serial Number of Caste
- Disability, if any.
- Postal Address
- Aadhar Number etc.
Upload Photo, Signature, Caste Certificate: Next, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of the following documents as per the specifications given below.
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format||Image Resolution|
|Photograph||Less than 80 KB||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG||150 px/inch (min)|
|Signature||Less than 80 KB||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG||150 px/inch (min)|
Academic details – After uploading the images, the candidates need to fill in the details of their educational qualification as below.JPEG / JPG30 mm x 45 mmJPEG / JPG30 mm x 45 mm
- SSC / 10th or Equivalent Details: Fill the aggregate marks, total marks, board name, month/year of completion
- HSC/12the Details: Fill the course type, aggregate marks, total marks, max marks.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Fill the bachelor degree details such as time duration, % marks, type of university, state of the university, name of the college, degree name, year/ month of completion etc.
- Master’s Degree Details: Fill up the details such as degree name, university name, college name, university state, month/year of completion etc.
- Other Professional Degree Details: If you have some other professional degree, then you can select that degree and fill the details like inter marks, final marks, month/year of completion etc.
Fill the Work Experience
If you have any work experience then you can fill the details like Industry type and your time duration at the company, etc.
Fill the Programmes: You can fill the details related to the programmes you want to give exam for.
Exam City Preferences: Choose the city to give the exam.
#3. Make the Payment
Now you will have to make the payment of the application fee as specified. The transaction will be in online mode by Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking.
After the payment and all those steps, the application process will be over.
Corrections in CAT 2018 Registration and Application Form
Like last year, the aspirants shall get the facility to make a correction in the CAT 2018 Application Form. The aspirants shall be able to edit only few details in the application form. Hence, it is advised to the candidates to verify the details given in the form are correct. The facility for CAT 2018 Application Form Correction shall be available at the CAT 2018 Login.
Entries Which You Shall Edit After Submitting the CAT 2018 Application Form
- Percentage of marks obtained
- Work Experience
- Program Names
- Test Centers for Interview
Reason for Rejection of CAT 2018 Application Form
Here we have listed few reasons because of which your application form for CAT 2018 shall be rejected:
- The application form submitted is incomplete
- CAT 2018 Application Form is submitted after the last date
- The images uploaded in the CAT Application Form 2018 is not as per the specifications or does not comply as per the rules.
- Submission of more than one application form for CAT 2018.
CAT Registration: Statistics
|Year||No. of Application|
Frequently Asked Questions On CAT Registration
Here we have compiled some of the most asked queries of the students. If you do not find your question here, tell your query in the comment section below:
Q. I am in my final year of Graduation. What marks should I enter in the CAT Application Form?
A. Since you are in final year of Bachelor’s degree, you should enter the Aggregate Percentage up to the last marks statement received from the University.
Q. What is the age limit for appearing for CAT 2018?
A. There is no age restriction for appearing for CAT. However, you must fulfill the educational eligibility requirement. Anyone as old as 50 years can sit for CAT exam only if they fulfill the required academic conditions.
Q. I don’t have a personal email id, so can I give my friend’s or my parent’s email id registering for CAT 2018?
A. No, you should enter your own personal email id. This is because IIM Calcutta will send any new update on your email id. Now since that you have given someone else’s email id, you might receive that information late and you will be at loss. So rather than taking such a risk, it is better to enter your own personal email id/ mobile number. Moreover, if you don’t have an email id, you should create one.
Q. Can I choose the exam timings for CAT 2018?
A. The CAT exam is held in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon). Moreover, on the basis of your selection of test city, a session slot, test city, and test center is given to you.
Q. Can I get/appear for more than one slot for CAT 2018?
A. No, you can appear for only one slot. Those who attempt to take the test more than once cannot participate in the further round of admission.
Q. After submitting the CAT Application Form, can we make any changes or edit details in the application form?
A. A correction window shall open for such candidates. Though it doesn’t mean that you edit every detail in the application form. You cannot edit personal details (Personal details, other personal details, communication address, uploaded documents) and any details in academic section except percentage marks scored after making payment. Furthermore, the candidates should preview their application before submission to ensure that all the details are correct.
Q. What should I do if I am not able to edit some details in the CAT 2018 Application Form?
A. If you have made a mistake in those details which are non-editable. then you must register again with a new email ID. Furthermore, the exam conducting body will consider your CAT 2018 application for the latest registration and the Admit Card is available for the same.
Q. Will I get a refund on the CAT Application Form if I did not appear for the test?
A. No, there is no policy for the refund of registration fee.
If you have any queries related to CAT 2018 Registration, let us know in the comment section below.