CAT 2018 Registration has been over on September 26, 2018, at 11:59 PM. The Photograph correction window has also been closed. In the three-day correction, window candidates could able to edit the image in the form. Most expectedly, the CAT application window to edit the other details will not open. After the completion of the registration process, the Admit Card will release on October 24, 2018. The exam will take place on November 25, 2018. The CAT scores are accepted by 20 IIM’s and other 100+ B-Schools. Check more details about CAT Registration 2018 from this page. CAT Registration Over! You can now Apply for SNAP 2018.
1. CAT 2018 admit card Released. Download Now.
2. IIM Calcutta has released the CAT 2018 Official Mock Test.
3. How to Prepare for CAT in 01 Months?
CAT 2018 Registration
Registration for the candidate could be done in multiple sessions. In the 50 days window, it was necessary to completely fill the application fee and submit the exam fee. The registration fee was Rs 1900 for unreserved categories and Rs 950/- for SC/ST/PWD Category candidates.
CAT 2018 Application Form Dates: Check the complete schedule for CAT 2018 Online Application from the table below.
|CAT 2018 Registration||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Registration for CAT 2018||08 Aug 2018|
|Last Date to Register||
26 Sep 2018 (11:59 PM)
|Application form correction dates for documents correction||27 Sep 2018|
|CAT Exam Date||25 Nov 2018|
CAT 2018 Application Form Correction
It was not clear of the IIM-C will open the application correction window or not. Though the exam conducted body released the notification to re-upload the documents in the form. In case candidates had uploaded the blurred image. Then, they could edit the same until September 30, 2018 (5:00 PM) starting from September 27, 2018 (10:00 AM).
CAT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for CAT 2018 will be available for download on October 24, 2018. Only those who will submit their CAT 2018 Application Form before the last date can download their admit card. To download you need to log in using the credentials sent to your registered email id at the time of CAT registration. The CAT 2018 Admit Card will consist of personal details of the candidate, details about the exam such as date, timings, the address of the exam center, etc. It is mandatory to carry the print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card and a valid id proof on the day of the examination.
CAT 2018 Last Date Extended
This year the registration date for CAT 2018 was extended. IIM Calcutta extended the registration window for full 7 days. Now, the last date to register was September 26, 2018.
Read | Know how previous year CAT toppers scored 100 percentile
CAT 2018 Registration Fee
The Registration Fee for CAT exam increases gradually every year. Hence, this year, the candidates had to pay the following amount for CAT 2018 Registration.
- For SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates: Rs. 950/-
- For Other Category Candidates: Rs. 1900/-
The mode of payment for the CAT exam is the same throughout the year. So the candidates need to pay the registration by using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
Change In CAT Application Fee Over The Years
From the table below, it is clear every year, Rs. 50 increases for SC, ST, and PWD candidates, whereas, Rs. 100 for all other category candidates.
|CAT exam year||Category|
|SC, ST, and PwD||All Other Categories|
|2015||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 1600/-|
|2016||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1700/-|
|2017||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1800/-|
Important Points To Note For CAT 2018 Online Application
It is advised to candidates to keep the following things in minds before they start filling in details in the CAT Application Form:
- The complete application process for CAT 2018 is to be done by online mode only.
- It is advised that you should first submit the CAT 2018 Application Form and then get back to your preparation. Delaying the application process, in the end, may put you in pressure.
- No candidate will receive printed CAT Application Form.
- Keep the necessary documents ready so that you enter only correct information in the Application form.
- You should take a print out or keep a save copy of the completed application form, payment receipt, login details with yourself as it will handy in future.
Items To Keep Ready For CAT 2018 Registration
It is advisable to the candidates to keep the following items ready for the registration.
- Mark sheets of 10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma
- Category Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature
- Prepare a list of IIMs for which you wish to apply for
Read More | Click Here to check the instructions for uploading images in CAT 2018 Online Application
How To Apply For CAT 2018?
You can apply for CAT 2018 by online mode only. To apply for CAT exam, you need to:
- Register for the exam
- Log in using the given credentials
- Fill in the necessary information in the CAT Application Form
- Upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, category certificate (if applicable)
- Pay the registration fee
- Submit the Application Form online
Below we have given a complete explanation for CAT Registration Process.
How To Do Registration for CAT 2018?
The candidates can successfully register for the exam by following the step-by-step instructions as given below:
- Firstly, click on the link given on this page for registering for the CAT exam.
- Read the instructions given on the registration form carefully and then proceed further.
- Next, you need to enter details such as your Name, Date of Birth, Email id, and Mobile number.
- Enter the OTP which you will receive on your mobile phone.
- Click on “I Agree” in the declaration part and then click on “Submit” button.
- Finally, on submitting the details, you will receive your User ID and Password.
How To Fill CAT 2018 Application Form?
Now that you have registered for the exam successfully, you can proceed to fill in details in the application form. Simply follow the instructions as given below to fill in details in the CAT 2018 Form:
#1. Login to Website
- To fill in details in the application form, you need to login first using the User Id and Password.
- Click on the Login button to submit the details.
#2. Fill Details in the Application Form
Next, the candidates need to enter the following details in the application form:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
Fill Personal Details: You will have to fill the following details.
- Serial Number of Caste
- Disability, if any.
- Postal Address
- Aadhar Number etc.
Upload Photo, Signature, Caste Certificate: Next, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of the following documents as per the specifications given below.
JPEG/JPG150 px/inch (min)
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format||Image Resolution|
|Photograph||Less than 80 KB||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG||150 px/inch (min)|
|Signature||Less than 80 KB||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
Academic details – After uploading the images, the candidates need to fill in the details of their educational qualification as below.JPEG / JPG30 mm x 45 mmJPEG / JPG30 mm x 45 mm
- SSC / 10th or Equivalent Details: Fill the aggregate marks, total marks, board name, month/year of completion
- HSC/12the Details: Fill the course type, aggregate marks, total marks, max marks.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Fill the bachelor degree details such as time duration, % marks, type of university, state of the university, name of the college, degree name, year/ month of completion etc.
- Master’s Degree Details: Fill up the details such as degree name, university name, college name, university state, month/year of completion etc.
- Other Professional Degree Details: If you have some other professional degree, then you can select that degree and fill the details like inter marks, final marks, month/year of completion etc.
Fill the Work Experience
If you have any work experience then you can fill the details like Industry type and your time duration at the company, etc.
Fill the Programmes: You can fill the details related to the programmes you want to give exam for.
Exam City Preferences: Choose the city to give the exam.
#3. Make the Payment
Now you will have to make the payment of the application fee as specified. The transaction will be in online mode by Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking.
After the payment and all those steps, the application process will be over.
Corrections in CAT 2018 Registration and Application Form
Like last year, the aspirants shall get the facility to make a correction in the CAT 2018 Application Form. The aspirants shall be able to edit only few details in the application form. Hence, it is advised to the candidates to verify the details given in the form are correct. The facility for CAT 2018 Application Form Correction shall be available at the CAT 2018 Login.
Entries Which You Shall Edit After Submitting the CAT 2018 Application Form
- Percentage of marks obtained
- Work Experience
- Program Names
- Test Centers for Interview
Reason for Rejection of CAT 2018 Application Form
Here we have listed few reasons because of which your application form for CAT 2018 shall be rejected:
- The application form submitted is incomplete
- CAT 2018 Application Form is submitted after the last date
- The images uploaded in the CAT Application Form 2018 is not as per the specifications or does not comply as per the rules.
- Submission of more than one application form for CAT 2018.
CAT Registration: Statistics
|Year||No. of Application|
Frequently Asked Questions On CAT Registration
Here we have compiled some of the most asked queries of the students. If you do not find your question here, tell your query in the comment section below:
Q. While filling CAT form, do I have to write the average of all the years of graduation or only the final year aggregate?
A. If at the time of filling the application form, there is an option to enter semester wise details, then you need to enter marks obtained in each semester or else you will have to marks obtained till the final year.
Q. I am in my final year of B.com with 48% aggregate of 4 semesters. Am I eligible for CAT 2018?
A. Yes, you can appear for the CAT exam, however, at the time of admission, you must obtain 50% in the graduation examination. Furthermore, the criteria of obtaining 50% in the degree examination is only limited to appearing in CAT exam. For admission in IIMs, academic record play an equal important part in selection. The brownie pointrs for the academic record varies from IIMs to IIMs and is different in the B-schools as well.
Q. I am in my final year of Graduation. What marks should I enter in the CAT Application Form?
A. Since you are in final year of Bachelor’s degree, you should enter the Aggregate Percentage up to the last marks statement received from the University.
Q. What is the age limit for appearing for CAT 2018?
A. There is no age restriction for appearing for CAT. However, you must fulfill the educational eligibility requirement. Anyone as old as 50 years can sit for CAT exam only if they fulfill the required academic conditions.
Q. I don’t have a personal email id, so can I give my friend’s or my parent’s email id registering for CAT 2018?
A. No, you should enter your own personal email id. This is because IIM Calcutta will send any new update on your email id. Now since that you have given someone else’s email id, you might receive that information late and you will be at loss. So rather than taking such a risk, it is better to enter your own personal email id/ mobile number. Moreover, if you don’t have an email id, you should create one.
Q. Can I choose the exam timings for CAT 2018?
A. The CAT exam is held in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon). Moreover, on the basis of your selection of test city, a session slot, test city, and test center is given to you.
Q. Can I get/appear for more than one slot for CAT 2018?
A. No, you can appear for only one slot. Those who attempt to take the test more than once cannot participate in the further round of admission.
Q. After submitting the CAT Application Form, can we make any changes or edit details in the application form?
A. A correction window shall open for such candidates. Though it doesn’t mean that you edit every detail in the application form. You cannot edit personal details (Personal details, other personal details, communication address, uploaded documents) and any details in the academic section except percentage marks scored after making payment. Furthermore, the candidates should preview their application before submission to ensure that all the details are correct.
Q. What should I do if I am not able to edit some details in the CAT 2018 Application Form?
A. If you have made a mistake in those details which are non-editable. then you must register again with a new email ID. Furthermore, the exam conducting body will consider your CAT 2018 application for the latest registration and the Admit Card is available for the same.
Q. Will I get a refund on the CAT Application Form if I did not appear for the test?
A. No, there is no policy for the refund of the registration fee.
The full form of CAT is Common Admission Test. It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis. The score of CAT is accepted by 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools. Through CAT exam, the candidates are offered admission to not only to MBA programs in IIMs but also in other management programs such as Fellowship Program in Management (FPM), Post graduate program in Management (PGP), Post Graduate Program in Food and Agri-business Management, etc.
If you have any queries related to CAT 2018 Registration, let us know in the comment section below.