The score of CAT 2018 will be important to take admissions in the IIMs of the Nation. The scorecard of CAT 2018 will be uploaded on the official website which is expected to be the second week of January 2019. CAT 2018 Result or CAT 2018 scorecard can be accessed by entering your CAT login details.
CAT 2018 Result
The candidates who will participate in CAT 2018 examination will be able to view their performance in the form of CAT 2018 scorecard, that will be uploaded to the official webisteiimcat.ac.in. The below table indicates the expected dates of CAT 2018 Result:
|CAT 2018 Examination||4th week of Nov 2018|
|CAT 2018 Result||2nd week of Jan 2019|
Details on the CAT 2018 Result
The following details will be available in the CAT 2018 Result. Candidates must check it properly. The result / scorecard must be preserved for the future admission processes.
- Name of Candidate
- Address of the Candidate
- CAT Registration Number
- PWD Status
- Date of Birth
- Date and Time of the Test
- Marks in Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3.
- Total (total scaled score and total percentile)
How to check CAT 2018 Result?
Candidates will be able to check their CAT result 2018 online at the official website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The following are the steps to check the CAT 2018 Result:
- Access the above direct link that will be available as soon as the results are announced. Or visit the official website iimcat.ac.in.
- If you are visiting the website click ‘Scorecard for CAT 2018’, as shown below:
3. In the next window enter your Candidate Login Details, and click on ‘Login’.
4. After you log in, your result / scorecard will be displayed on the screen. A sample CAT result / scorecard is shown in the image below:
5. Save the PDF format of the CAT result / scorecard.
6. Take a print out for further references.
CAT 2018 Result Equating Process
In order to ensure fairness and equity in comparison of performances of the candidates across different test sessions, the scores of the candidates shall be subjected to a process of Normalization. After normalization across different forms, the scores shall be further normalized across different sections. The scaled scores obtained by this process shall be converted into percentiles for purposes of shortlisting.
What is Normalization?
The process of Normalization is an established practice for comparing candidate scores across multiple Forms and is similar to those being adopted in other large educational selection tests conducted in India, such as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
What to do after CAT 2018 Result
After the CAT 2018 Results are announced, IIMs will be shortlisting the candidates for GD-PI-WAT. The candidates will have to report to the respective IIMS in person for the admission process. Each IIM will have their own admission process and eligibility criteria. IIMs may also use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar methods to shortlist the candidates at various stages of the selection process. For more information, candidates must refer to the respective websites of the IlMs.
Selection process of IIMs:
Following are the steps of the selection process practised by the IIMs:
- Shortlisting: Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The criteria for shortlisting vary from IIM to IIM.
- Admission: The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT 2018 examination will be an important component in the admission process, but IIMs may additionally use other factors.
- Eligibility Verification: If a candidate is shortlisted for interviews by any IIM, he/she must comply with the following eligibility verification:
- Education Qualification
- Reservation category verification
- Document of appearing in the final year of graduation (if applicable).
Analysis of Previous Years’ CAT Result
Reports have claimed that last year, 20 candidates have scored an overall 100 percentile in CAT. Two women students and three non-engineers were among them. Also in 2017, the number of candidates participating in CAT was the highest in the past 3 years. the number of candidates who participated in CAT 2017 was 1,99,632. The participation of women candidates was also more in the past year.
Official website of CAT 2018 is iimcat.ac.in