CAT 2019 Exam Conducting Body: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT) every year on a rotational basis. The CAT examination has been evolved over the years with the changing exam conducting body. So, with the announcement of CAT 2019 Exam Conducting Body new changes are also likely. As the exam conducts in the month of November, the one questions that linger in candidates mind is that “Who will Conduct CAT 2019?” So, in order to find this answer, let’s dig some more and predict the exam body before the official announcement.
CAT 2019 Exam Conducting Body
Over the years there are 6 IIMs, which are conducting CAT on a rotational basis. However, a few exceptions are always there. In the year 2013 and 2014, the IIM Indore conducted the exam simultaneously.
Role of Exam Conducting Body
- It has the final say in the pattern or structure of the CAT 2019 exam.
- The body is responsible to make the final draft of the question paper.
- It decides the exam schedule, number of test city etc.
- Any new changes to make the CAT exam process smooth.
The changes that usually pops-up every year as follows.
- Number of Questions in the Exam
- Difficulty Level of Exam
- Number of Non-MCQ Questions
- Number of Test Centre
- Steps to design paper which bring diversity in terms of gender and academics
- New Type of Questions
Which IIM will Conduct CAT 2019?
Before drawing a conclusion, let’s take a look at the IIMs will conduct the exam in the previous sessions.
|CAT Year||IIM Conducted the Exam|
So, what is the pattern? Analyze these points carefully.
- It is only IIM Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Indore, Kozhikode, and Bangalore which are conducting the exam in the last 10 years.
- The first cycle was over in 2013.
- In 2014, Indore conducted the exam again.
- In the second cycle, Bangalore conducted the exam for the first time.
- Also, in the second cycle, it is only IIM Kozhikode which has no conducted the exam.
Thus, looking at this observation, IIM kozhikode will conduct CAT 2019.
Reasons for IIM Kozhikode to conduct CAT 2019
- First and the evident reason, it is only IIM Kozhikhode which hasn’t organized the exam in the second cycle.
- IIM Indore is eliminated as it has already organized the exam twice before.
- IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta, and Lucknow have just recently conducted the exam.
- So, it is only IIM Kozhikhode which is left as an obvious choice.
Who is CAT 2019 convenor?
A convenor is a person who is solely responsible to conduct the exam. The member represents the CAT conducting body. He/she ensures that the exam takes place smoothly and do justice to candidates from all streams. Before the CAT 2019 Convenor announces, let’s know about the previous convenor in CAT history.
|CAT Year||IIM Conducted the Exam||Convenor Name|
|2018||Calcutta||Dr. Sumanta Basu|
|2017||Lucknow||Prof Neeraj Dwivedi|
|2016||Banglore||Prof Rajendra K Bandi|
|2015||Ahmedabad||Prof Tathagata Bandyopadhyay|
|2014, 2013||Indore||Dr. Rohit Kapoor|
Changes to Expect in CAT 2019
With the declaration new exam conducting body, it is expected that a few changes may be seen this year.
1. Exam Date
Last year, IIM Calcutta announced the exam date on 09 May. So, this year, it is likely that exam conducting body and exam date may announce much sooner. This helps the students to plan the preparation according to the CAT 2019 exam date.
It is expected that registration for CAT 2019 will start early to give more time to students. Last year, IIM-C gave 50 days to register for the exam This number may increase this year.
3. More Test Session
From last 3-4 year, candidates expect that CAT to conduct in more number of session. However, it seems that IIMs are keen to conclude the exam in one day and 2 slots.
4. CAT 2019 Notification
IIM Kozhikode may release the early notification for CAT 2019. It mentions the registration date, fees, exam date etc.
5. Useful Kit for Students
Last year, IIM Calcutta released a mock test, exam day guide, dress code instructions for the aspirants. This year also, it is likely more student-friendly kits will be issued to enable smooth experience for CAt 2019 students.
CAT Evolution Over the Years
Let’s read what the previous exam conducting body has brought changes in the CAT. The exam has remained the same since 2015. The major changes took place by
IIM Banglore 2016
- Number of Non-MCQ reduced to 25 from 28.
IIM Ahmedabad in 2015
- First B-school to conduct exam in computerized mode.
- Introduction of Non-MCQ or TITA Questions.
- Presence of On-screen calculator.
- The duration of exam was changed to 180 minutes.
IIM Indore in 2014
- Number of questions were increased to 100 from 60
- Duration of exam increased to 170 minutes from 140.
- No sectional Limit
About CAT 2019
Common Admission Test is conducted by IIM in the month of November/ December. It is a national level exam takes place for admission to management institutes in India. Which means not only IIMs but also other b-schools consider the exam score for admission to the programme. The computer-based test is only the first step in the admission process. Further, shortlisting is based on the interview, group discussion, essay writing etc.
For any queries or feedback, please write to us in the comment section below.