CAT 2019 Exam day Instructions – IIM releases the exam day Instruction online on iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2019 exam day instructions includes test day workflow, do’s and dont’s for the candiadtes, details about document verification, frisking etc. For Admission into the acadamic session 2020-22, CAT Exam will be on November 24, 2019. This year, 2.44 lakh students applied for the CAT exam 2019 which will be conducted in 376 test centres spread across 156 cities in india. The exam will held in 2 slots i.e moring and afternoon. Only candiates having the admit card and the required id proof will be allowed to appear for the exam. All the candiadtes are advised to check all the important CAT 2019 test day instructions from this article.
Latest: IIM Kozhikode has released the CAT 2019 exam day important instructions for CAT aspirants
CAT 2019 Exam Day Instructions
Aspirants are advised to reach test centers 30 minutes before the gate closing time. Check the CAT 2019 exam schedule from the below ;
|CAT 2018 Workflow by IIM Calcutta||18 Nov 2018|
|Exam Date||24 Nov 2018|
Slot 1 : 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Slot 2 : 2:30 am – 5:30 pm
|CAT 2019 Analysis||24 Nov 2018|
|Answer Key||01st week of Dec 2019|
|Result||02nd week of Jan 2020.ins|
CAT 2019 Important Information
All the candidates must take the admit card, id proof, and other required certificates along with them to the exam centers. Also, make sure to check the dress code and dress appropriately. Candidates need to know the following key points for the CAT exam day.
|Shift||Slot 1 |
|Reporting time||07:30 am||01:00 pm|
|No entry after||08:45 am||02:15 pm|
Documents to Carry
Canduadtes appearing for the Cat 2019 test must carry the original id proof with them along with the CAT 2019 Admit card. It is the most important document and without this, no candidates will be allowed to sit in the examination hall. At the main entrance of the exam center gate, security personnel will check the admit card and then the candidates will be allowed to enter the center premises. Keep the following item in your bag night before your exam.
- CAT 2019 Admit card print out with your photograoh affixed on it
- Original id proof- you can carry any 2 id proof from the following for the safe side otherwise one is also sufficient:
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Medical certificates will be required in the following cases:
- Candidate using any Pacemaker
- Implants (Metal)
- Candiadets using other devices for medical reason.
What Not to Wear?
While getting ready for the exam, All the candiadtes must dress appropriately and must wear comfortable cloths as the exam is for 3 hours. check the things that you cannot wear from the below:
- Don not wear any sort of jewelry or any metal thing
- Jackets and footwears are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Cloths with pocket id prohibated so make sure you don not wear anything which have pockets in it.
- Socks, plain pullovers/sweaters/cardigans (without any pockets) are allowed inside the exam lab.
Candidates must arrive on time at the test centers. The test duration is 3 hours in which there will be time limit for each section of CAT 2019 exam namely Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Ability (Quant), and, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR).
Note: For PWD candidates , 1 hour 20 mins are provide for each section and 240 min i.e 04 hours for complete CAT 2019 exam
CAT 2019 Exam Day Workflow
Once the candidates reaches the exam center, they will go through the certain process. check the table below for the knowing time flow of the CAT 2019.
|Slot 1||Slot 2||Activities|
|7:30 AM||1:00 PM||Arrive at Test center|
(candidate’s reporting time)
|7:35 AM||1:05 PM||Locate your Test Lab number from|
|7:40 AM||1:10 PM||Scrutiny of admit card|
|7:45 AM||1:15 PM||Deposit the personal belongings|
(mobile phone, bag etc.)
|7:55 AM||1:25 PM||Frisking of the candidates|
|8:00 AM||1:30 PM||Document (id card and admit card)|
checking at the Test Lab entrance
|8:10AM||1:40 PM||Candidates reach their Test Labs|
|8:20 AM||1:50 PM||Candidates go to the registration|
desk and signs (manual) on
|8:25 AM||1:55PM||Photograph and thumb impression to|
|8:35 AM||2:05 PM||Candidates check their photo in the|
registration terminal to ensure it is their
|8:40 AM||2:10 PM||Candidate receives the scribble pad,|
pen from invigilator and sits at the
|8:45 AM||2:15 PM||Login to test screen|
|8:50 AM||2:20 PM||Verify & confirm profile information|
|8:55 AM||2:25 PM||Read & agree to declaration|
|9:00 AM||2:30 PM||Test Starts|
|12:00 PM||5:30 PM||Test concludes & candidate shares|
|12:05PM||5.:35 PM||Return scribble pad & pen|
|12:10 PM||5:40 PM||Exit test lab and collect the|
|12:15 PM||5:345 PM||Exit the test center|
Refer to the flow gragh mention below for the beter understanding:
What is Frisking of Candidates?
Candiadets will be frisked using a handheld metal detector before giving entry inside the test centers. There will be separate frisking for male and female candidates. Also, there will be separate canopy/enclosure present for frisking the female candidates. Candidates are advised not to carry any valuable item because that will be kept outside the exam hall and no one will be responsible for your loss.
Note: Only admit card, id proof, required medical certificate and scribe affidavit will be allowed to take inside beyond this process.
CAT 2019 Biometric Registration
Once the frisking is done, candidates will go for the biometric registration. In biometric registration, candidates’ left thumb impression and the candidate’s photograph will be captured. After that, the invigilator provides the attendance sheet in which candidates have to sign. Also, the assigned invigilator will tell you all the important instructions about the exam.
All the candidates will be up for document verification step after the biometric registration. In this process, all the required documents will be check completely. CAT 2019 admit card with your photograph and signature on it will be verified. Also, original id proof and required medical certificate (if any) will be checked at the desk.
Bio Breaks – Candidates will not be allowed to take any bio breaks during the exam. However, if a cadidate is a diabetic patient or having any other medical emergency then the candidate will be escorted by the exam staff.
CAT 2019 CBT Interface
All the candidates must be familiar with the computer-based test interface. Candidates can only use mouse and monitor during the exam. A virtual calculator will also be available for the candidates. For your convenience, we have mentioned the key details about the computer-based test below:
- Save & Next: This options saves Response/Answer and moves to the next question.
- Clear Response: When candidates clicks on thsis option it clears the selected response/answer for the given question only.
- Mark for Review & Next: Cliking on this will make the question for review later.
- Question Paper: This option is also provided to view the entire question of a particular Section. This option is available
at th top right corner of the screen.
- Profile: At the right of the screen the profile of the candidate is previewed where you will find the photograph and the candidates deatils.
- Instructions: If having any confusion, candiadtes can view the exam-related instructions at any point of time during the exam by clicking on the instruction option.
- Calculator: Candidates can access the on-screen calculator, the icon of the same is located on the screen .
- Timer: A timer will be available on the screen . For each section there will be timer of 60 mins,
Note: No stationary will be allowed inside the examination hall, so a writing pad and a pen will be given to the cadidates. After the exam, return the things to the invigiltor.
Candidates can appear for the mock test and get familiar with the interface of the CAT 2019 CBT exam. Also check the status of the question from the table below:
|Ques. with Status||Meaning|
|A||You have not visited the question yet.|
|B||You have visited the question but not answered it.|
|C||You have answered the question.|
|D||You have not answered the question but have flagged it as marked for review.|
|E||You have answered the question as well as flagged it as marked for review.|
Important Instructions for Persons with Disability (PwD) Candidates
Persons with diability have some faciities and need to follow some instructions. Check the details from the below:
- Seating Arrangements – PwD candidates wil be provided rooms on the ground floor.
- Assistance – They will be provided with a sepearted ivigiltor for any assistance.
- Scibe Certificate – Candidates must have the required certificate/affidavit with them at the test center.
- Time Limit – There wil be exrtra 20 mins given to the candidates for each section.
- Wheelchair – Candidates will be provided with the wheelchair if requested by the candidates at the time of the registration form.
- Entry – PwD candidates will be given priprity entry to the exmination hall.
- Zoom Feature – on the test console, a zoom feature is also available for the PWD candidates.
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in