CAT 2019 Registration – Indian Institute of Mangement (IIM) is starting the CAT Registration 2019 in the first week of August. The online application form for CAT 2019 issues on the official website at iimcat.ac.in. In order to apply for CAT 2019, candidates must finish the eight-step application process. In the first step, fill the valid mobile number and email-id to complete the CAT Exam 2019 Registration. Next, in the application form, select the programmes, test centre details carefully. Also, upload photograph and signature in the proper format. For more details about CAT 2019 Registration, read the complete article below.
CAT 2019 Registration
Last year, 2.41 Lakhs candidates registered for the exam. So for CAT 2019, the number may cross the mark of 2.5 Lakhs. The number of candidates who actually appear for CAT is 85% – 87%.
CAT 2019 Registration Date – Candidates can check the tentative schedule of CAT Registration 2019 Dates in the table below.
|CAT 2019 Registration Events||Important Dates|
|Release of application form||1st week of Aug 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||4th week of Sep 2019|
|CAT Exam Date||24 Nov 2019 [Expected]|
CAT 2019 Registration Fees
Candidates who are planning to apply for CAT 2019 must be well acquainted with the registration fees. Only after the successful online payment, students are eligible to get the admit card. After the fee payment, you cannot edit the details in the form. This year CAT 2019 Registration is yet to announce, till then we can predict the exam fee according to previous year trends.
From the last 3-4 year, the CAT exam conducting body is increasing the test fee by Rs 50/- and Rs 100/- for reserved and unreserved category respectively. Thus, for CAT 2019, the likely fee payment structure is
|Category||CAT 2019 Exam Fee|
|SC/ST/ PWD students||Rs 1000/-|
|All other Category students||Rs 2000/-|
Mode of Payment
Candidates can submit the fee for CAT 2019 via following ways. Pay the application fee in time to avoid last minute hassle.
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Debit Card + ATM Pin
- Internet Banking
- Wallet/ Cash Cards
–Previous year CAT Application Fee Trend–
Documents Required for CAT Registration 2019
While filling the CAT 2019 Application Form, candidates must keep all the important documents ready. This helps to fill all the details in the form as per the documents. The final admission of a student can be canceled if details in the form do not match with the documents. Keep these important items with you for the hassle-free process.
- Valid Email ID and Phone Number
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Scanned photograph and signature
- NC-OBC / SC/ ST/ PwD Certificate (If applicable)
- 10th, 12th Marksheets
- UG and PG Details
- Other Professional degree certificates
- Work-Experience Details
- Programmes to apply at IIMs
- Payment Mode Details
Important points for Candidates Availing Reservation
- You can check the Caste/Tribe name at ncbc.nic.in.
- Download the NC-OBC, SC/ST certificates from CAT website. Following that upload the filled-in form in CAT application form.
- If applicable, download the PwD form and fill to upload in CAT 2019 Application Form.
- If applicable, candidates have to arrange their own scribe for the exam day.
CAT 2019 Photograph and Signature specifications
Uploading a photograph and signature on the CAT 2019 Registration Form is one of the crucial steps. A picture uploaded with the wrong format can even lead to cancellation of the exam. As on the test day, invigilator cross-verifies the image on the admit card with the photo identity proof.
|File Size||Less than 80 KB|
|Dimension||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
|Image Resolution||150 px/inch (minimum)|
Important Instruction for Documents Uploading
- Do not upload an image for more than 6 months old.
- The photograph must have a white background.
5 Points to Note About CAT 2019 Registration
The CAT 2019 Registration needs to be filled carefully. Any mistake can lead to cancellation of candidature or application. So, some of the common mistakes to avoid are:
- Filling Wrong Details – The name, date of birth, email id, and mobile number cannot be changed once the registration is complete.
- Personal ID – Students must fill their personal id. Do not add the work email ids.
- Forms in Multiple Session – Students need not hurry to fill the form in one go. Submit it before the last date after filling all the accurate details.
- Percentage – Candidates must enter the details of all the subjects present in the mark sheet. Moreover, upto 2 Decimal Places.
- Documents – Do not upload burred or wrong format documents in the form.
CAT Registration 2019 Steps
This is the first of the CAT application process. Candidates must register with valid email-id and phone number only. Also, it is advisable that you fill the form in the desktop using either Internet Explorer (version 11 and above), Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61), or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69).
Step 1: First, visit the official website, and click on “New Candidate Registration”.
Step 2: Next, fill the important details to get the OTP for verification purpose.
Details to Fill
- Name – Same as present in 10th/SSC Certificate
- Date of Birth – Use the calendar icon to choose the dob as mentioned in 10th/12th certificates.
- Email ID- Enter correct if to get the user id. Overseas students get user id and password on the email-id.
- Mobile Number – Fill 10 digit valid phone number to receive an SMS containing the OTP and login password.
Step 3: Post entering all the details, click on “Generate OTP”. Once the OTP is confirmed, fill the CAPTCHA and sign the declaration.
Step 4: Finally, check the mailbox to get the user id and SMS to get the password. Write the login credentials in one place to use in the future process.
CAT Registration Statistics
It is expected that this year, the number of registration may cross 2,50,000. Looking at previous conversion trends, the number of candidates that may appear are 2,10,000 (Expected). The candidates registering for CAT are not always increasing. The highest registration till now is 2.9 Lakh and lowest is 194516.
CAT 2019 Login
CAT 2019 Registration is a one time process. After this students have to use the login credentials to access the application form. The login link activates on the official website in the bottom right corner.
- First, click on the official website link available on this page.
- In the login window, enter user id and password.
- Finally, click on “Submit” to fill the application form.
CAT 2019 Application Form
This is a comprehensive form which includes filling the personal, educational details, programme preference etc. Along with that, the form submission takes place only after fee payment. Candidates can take help of the 6 step procedure given below to avoid any mistake in the form.
Step 1: CAT 2019 Personal Details to Fill
Basic details get automatically filled up, the rest to be entered are:
- Candidates’ gender
- State/ Union Territory of caste/ tribe
- Serial Entry Number of caste/ tribe (if applicable)
- Caste/ Tribe Name (if applicable)
- Do you belong to PwD – Yes/ No
- PwD Category
- Do you require a wheelchair – Yes/ No
- Do you require a scribe – Yes/ No
- Postal Address
- Alternate Email address and phone number.
Upload photograph, signature, SC/ ST/ NC-OBC/ PwD
- The self-attested documents have the signature clearly visible.
- The name in documents should match with the name mentioned in the registration process.
- For detailed specification, check the format in the article above.
- Next, “Save and continue” to proceed to the second step.
Step 2: CAT 2019 Academic Details to Fill
In case the university provides grades, then the candidates must submit original equivalence certificate issued by Board/Institute/University. In case there are no criteria for CGPA, then multiply the CGPA with maximum possible CGAP and divide it by 100.
Upload the percentage after the scores of all the subjects mentioned in the mark sheet.
- SSC/10th/ Equivalent Board Name
- Month/ Year of Completion
- Maximum Marks
- Total Marks Obtained
- Aggregate Percentage
12th/ Equivalent or diploma
If you have followed two-year structure post 10th, then fill 12th else choose diploma. Other details to fill are:
- Maximum marks
- Total marks obtained
- Aggregate percentage
Candidates who have not completed the graduation, they must submit the aggregate of all the semester. You can also multiple degrees in this part of the form. The other details to enter are:
- Total Duration of degree
- Marks % awarded by University
- Type of University/ Institute
- State/ Union Territory of University
- University/ Institute Name
- Name of college/ institute
- Degree Name
- Month/ Year of course of commencement
- Month/ Year of completion
Other Professional Degree Certificates
Only CA, CS and ICWA are considered as professional degrees.
- Completion Status
- Name of Professional degree
- Final marks
- Year of Commencement
- Year of completion
Save the details and move forward to complete for the next step.
Step 3: Work Experience Details to Fill in CAT 2019 Form
Candidates who have relevant work experience upto July 31, 2019. Enter only the full-time work experience after graduation. Project, Part-time, Internship, Articleship, Pre-graduation, work experience are not valid.
￼Some of the valid industry types are as follows.
- Automobiles/ Auto Ancillaries
- Banking/ Financial Services
- Engineering/ Industrial
- Information Technology
- Pharmaceutical/ Healthcare
Step 4: CAT 2019 Programme to Choose
Candidates must choose the subjects as per the interest and work experience. Candidates selecting any of the course among IIM Kashipur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Tiruchirappalli, and Udaipur. Importantly, check the course details from the IIM website for more details.
Step 5: CAT 2019 Test City to Choose
In the CAT 2019 Registration Form, candidates have to choose four cities of their preference. You should select the city according to your travel plans around the exam date. Once the application process is over, test cities are allocated. Only in the rare circumstances, students get the city out of 4 selected test city.
Step-6: Pay the CAT 2019 Application Fee
In the last step, pay the application fee. Before that, re-check all the details. As after the form submission, there is no provision to edit the details. The final fee includes the transaction charges as well. You can choose Bill Desk, Paytm, Pay U to submit the CAT 2019 Application Fee. Finally, enter the captcha, sign the declaration, enter the payment details, and pay the fee.
After CAT 2019 Application Form Submission
Once the form is finally submitted, check the email mentioning the successful submission of application form. Further, in the student login, you can access the application summary or can also take the print out of it. Also, keep on checking the registered email-id to get the updates about admit card or further process.
CAT 2019 Application Form Correction
IIM may or may not open the correction window to edit the details in the form. It usually does not release any pre-notification regarding this. Also, the window does open from the last few years in the last days of the registration process. Still, nothing can be said for sure. So, it is better if you fill the form correctly in the first attempt. Last year, only the window to update the photograph was open.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
CAT 2019 Admit Card releases 20-30 days before the exam day. Candidates can download it from the official website using the login credentials. In case there are any errors in the hall ticket, then students can contact the CAT official helpline. If the details are enetered wrong by students, then no changes will be entertained. You may not get the admit card in case the application form gets canceled.
Reasons for CAT 2019 Application Cancellation
- Form submission is incomplete.
- The CAT 2019 Form submission after the last date.
- Images uploaded with the wrong format.
- Submission of more than 1 application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. My university provides only grades, then how should I fill percentage in CAT form?
A. In case there is no criterion to convert grades into a percentage, then you must ask your institute to provide you the equivalent percentage or scores.
Q. While filling the CAT 2019 Registration Form, do I have to fill the aggregate of all the semesters?
A. Yes. In case you are in final year, then you must upload marks of all the semesters whose result are available.
Q. I have not completed the final year of graduation and I have less than 50% aggregate. Can I apply for CAT 2019?
A. Yes, You can appear for the exam. However, you must obtain atleast 50% during the time of admission.
Q. Is there any age limit to appear for the CAT 2019?
A. No, there is no age criteria. Though you must have a graduation degree to appear for the exam.
Q. I don’t have my personal ID. Can I use my friend or parents email address.
A. A Strict No. If you do not have then you can create a new one. As IIM sends all the intimation related updates to registered email id only.
Q. Can I choose test time or slot for CAT 2019?
A. No. IIMs themselves randomly allots the test clot.
CAT 2019 Helpline
That’s all as far as the Application Form filling process is concerned. It’s now time to just study hard and with a well defined and clear strategy. So as to achieve your targeted goal. All the best to all the aspirants! For any queries, feel free to get in touch! We will be glad to help you!