CAT 2019 Registration – You can now apply for CAT 2019. The registration for CAT 2019 has started on iimcat.ac.in. To apply, the candidates first need to register and then fill details in the application form. Uploading of images and payment of fee are mandatory steps for applying. The amount of application fee is Rs. 1900 (Rs. 950 for SC / ST / PwD candidates). The last date to apply for CAT 2019 is September 18, 2019. Know CAT 2019 Registration process, fee details, and more information from this page.
CAT 2019 Registration
Every year more than 02 lakh registration are done for the Common Admission Test (CAT). Last year, about 2.41 lakh number of candidates applied for CAT exam. Check the complete schedule for CAT 2019 Application Form from the table below:
|CAT 2019 Registration||Important Dates|
|Registration for CAT 2019 starts from||07 Aug 2019 (10:00 AM)|
|Last date to submit CAT 2019 Online Form||18 Sep 2019 (05:00 PM)|
|Correction window in Images for CAT 2019 Form starts from||To be notified|
|Last date to edit images||To be notified|
|Issuance of CAT Admit Card 2019||23 Oct 2019|
|CAT 2019 exam date||24 Nov 2019|
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It is important that aspirants who wish to take CAT 2019 exam must check the eligibility criteria for the exam. Here is the basic eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT 2019:
- There is no age limit to apply for CAT 2019
- Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and should have obtained 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for General, EWS and NC-OBC category (45% in case of SC/ST/PWD).
- Those who are appearing in the final year of exam or those who are awaiting their result can also register for CAT. Such candidates shall have to submit the certificate by June 30, 2020 stating that they fulfill all the requirements for obtainign Bachelor’s degree/ equiavlent qualification.
- Candidates who have a professional degree (ICMAI/CA/CMA) are also eligible to apply for CAT.
For Colleges in which there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
CAT 2019 Application Fee
To submit the CAT 2019 Form, aspirants need to pay the following amount of the application fee.
|For all other category candidates||Rs. 1900|
Mode of Payment: The Application fee is payable by online mode only using Credit card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
Note: The fee paid by the candidate is non-refundable. Hence, if a candidate who do not appear for the test, the fee is not refunded.
Documents Required for CAT 2019 Registration
In order to register/ fill application form for CAT 2019, it is advised that you should keep the following list of documents ready. This will ensure that you provide only correct information in the CAT online form.
- Class 10 certificate to fill in correct date of birth
- Class 12th certificate
- Bachelor’s degree marksheet
- A valid email id – If you do not have your own personal email id, you may provide your Guardian’s email id, however, it is suggested that you create your peronal id.
- A valid and active Mobile Number – If you do not have your own personal phone, you may enter your Guardian’s mobile number.
- Caste certificate for canddiates claiming SC/ST category
- Disability certificate for PWD certificate
- NC- OBC certificate, if applicable
- Scanned images of candidate’s photograph and signature
- Work-Experience Details
CAT 2019 Image Specification
One of the common mistakes done by the candidates in CAT application form is at the time of uploading scanned images. You must upload the images in the CAT 2019 Form as per the specifications, format and file size as specified below:
|File Size||Less than 80 KB|
|Dimension||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
|Image Resolution||150 px/inch (minimum)|
Do’s and Don’t for Uploading Images in CAT 2019 Application Form
Given below are the few instructions which a candidate should note before they proceed to upload the imsges:
Do’s for Uploading Images in CAT Application Form
- The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background.
- Keep atleast 10-15 copies of your passport size photograph as it shall be required at the time of admission.
- It should clearly shows your face, eyes and both ears.
- You need to sign on a white sheet of paper with Black/ Blue ball point pen.
- Signature should be clear and without overwriting
- Sign in a running handwriting.
Dont’s for Uploading Images in CAT Application Form
- Do not upload photo with a dark background
- Signature done in CAPITAL LETTERS are not acceptable
- Make sure there is no red eyes flash in the photo
How to Scan Images for CAT 2019 Online Form?
Aspirants can simply scan their images for uploading the photo and signature in the CAT 2019 form by simply following the instructions as given below:
How to scan your passport size photograph?
Step 1: Firstly, you should draw a box of 30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height) on a white sheet of paper using a pencil.
Step 2: Now paste your passport size photograph in the box which you have drawn.
Step 3: Put the paper with the photograph in the scanner and scan only the box with the photograph. Do not scan the whole sheet of white paper.
Step 4: Set the scanning to 200 dpi and scan the photograph. During scanning most software allows selection of the desired area for final scanning after the initial preview & scan.
Step 5: Save the scanned images as jpg/jpeg/gif/png, for example, “Photograph.jpg” or “Photograph.jpeg”, etc. Now, resize the scanned image to less than 80 KB. For this, you can use any image editing software to size the image. Maintain the aspect ratio (i.e. the relationship of height vs width while resizing).
How to Scan the Signature?
Step 1: Draw a box of 80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height) on a white paper sheet with a pencil.
Step 2: Click the signature within the box in bright light conditions using any digital device Ensure that the shadow of your hands/camera/smartphone etc. does not fall on the sheet.
Step 3: Now, transfer the digital image to a computer/laptop. If it is required then you can also use the auto-correct feature of image editing software so that the signature is clear.
Step 4: Crop the image such that borders of the box are reached and then resize the image to less than 80 KB.
Step 5: Now, to scan the image of the signature, set the scanner to 200 dpi and scan only the box with signature and NOT the whole sheet.
Step 6: Finally, save the scanned image as per the format given above. Now, re-size the image, to check the size of the image, right click on the image and then go to “Properties” link.
Details to be filled in CAT 2019 Application Form
The CAT 2019 Application Form is divided into the following tabs – Personal details, Academic details, Work Experience details, Programmes details, Test City preference.
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Mother’s Name
- Serial/Entry Number of Caste/Tribe
- State/Union Territory of Caste/Tribe, and Caste/Tribe Name
- Communication Address
- Emergency Contact Details
- Upload Documents
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master‘s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
How to Apply for CAT 2019?
Aspirants who wish to apply for CAT exam 2019 must follow the step-by-step instructions as provided below in order to successfully fill CAT 2019 online application:
Step 1: Register Online
- Firstly, click on the direct link which is going to be provided on this page for CAT exam 2019 Registration.
- Next, fill the important details as given below to get the OTP for verification purpose.
- Name – Same as present in 10th/SSC Certificate
- Date of Birth – Use the calendar icon to choose the dob as mentioned in 10th/12th certificates.
- Email ID – Enter correct if to get the user id. Overseas students get user id and password on the email-id.
- Mobile Number – Fill 10 digit valid phone number to receive an SMS containing the OTP and login password.
- After entering the details, click on the “Generate OTP” button. Once the OTP is confirmed, fill the CAPTCHA and sign the declaration.
- Finally, check the mailbox to get the user id and SMS to get the password. Write the login credentials in one place to use in the future process.
Step 2: Fill-in details in CAT 2019 Application Form
- Basic details get automatically filled up, the rest to be entered are:
- Candidates’ gender
- State/ Union Territory of caste/ tribe
- Serial Entry Number of caste/ tribe (if applicable)
- Caste/ Tribe Name (if applicable)
- Do you belong to PwD – Yes/ No
- PwD Category
- Do you require a wheelchair – Yes/ No
- Do you require a scribe – Yes/ No
- Postal Address
- Alternate Email address and phone number
- Upload photograph, signature, SC/ ST/ NC-OBC/ PwD. The self-attested documents have the signature clearly visible. The name in documents should match with the name mentioned in the registration process. For detailed specification, check the format in the article above. Next, “Save and continue” to proceed to the second step.
- Academic Details – In case the university provides grades, then the candidates must submit original equivalence certificate issued by Board/Institute/University. In case there are no criteria for CGPA, then multiply the CGPA with maximum possible CGAP and divide it by 100.
10th Standard – Upload the percentage after the scores of all the subjects mentioned in the mark sheet.
- SSC/10th/ Equivalent Board Name
- Month/ Year of Completion
- Maximum Marks
- Total Marks Obtained
- Aggregate Percentage
12th/ Equivalent or diploma – If you have followed two-year structure post 10th, then fill 12th else choose diploma. Other details to fill are:
- Maximum marks
- Total marks obtained
- Aggregate percentage
Graduation/ Post-Graduation – Candidates who have not completed the graduation, they must submit the aggregate of all the semester. You can also multiple degrees in this part of the form. The other details to enter are:
- Total Duration of degree
- Marks % awarded by University
- Type of University/ Institute
- State/ Union Territory of University
- University/ Institute Name
- Name of college/ institute
- Degree Name
- Month/ Year of course of commencement
- Month/ Year of completion
Other Professional Degree Certificates – Only CA, CS and ICWA are considered as professional degrees.
- Completion Status
- Name of Professional degree
- Final marks
- Year of Commencement
- Year of completion
Save the details and move forward to complete for the next step.
Work Experience Details – Apsirants who have relevant work experience upto July 31, 2019 need to enter only the full-time work experience after graduation. Project, Part-time, Internship, Articleship, Pre-graduation, work experience are not valid. Some of the valid industry types are as follows.
- Automobiles/ Auto Ancillaries
- Banking/ Financial Services
- Engineering/ Industrial
- Information Technology
- Pharmaceutical/ Healthcare
Step 3: Programme to Choose
Once you have filled in all the necessary information in the CAT Application Form, in the next screen, you need to choose the subjects as per the interest and work experience. Candidates selecting any of the course among IIM Kashipur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Tiruchirappalli, and Udaipur. Importantly, check the course details from the IIM website for more details.
Which courses to choose in IIM CAT 2019 Form?
There are many courses offered by IIMs. Check what their description and if the work experience is required to apply for these programs. For more details regarding eligibility, you must visit the official website of the college.
|Programs to select in CAT 2019 Form||Description||Work Experience Required|
|PGP||Post Graduate Programme in Management||No|
|PGP-FABM||PGP program in Food and Agriculture Management||No|
|E-PGP||PGP in Electronic Mode||Yes|
|FPM||Fellowship Programme in Management or Ph.D.||Master’s Degree|
|PGPEM||Postgraduate program in Enterprise Management||Yes|
|PGPPM||Postgraduate program in public policy and management||Yes|
|PGP-SM||Post Graduate Management in Sustainability Management||No|
|PGP-ABM||Post Graduate Management in Agribusiness Management||No|
|PGPEX||Post Graduate Program for Executives – Managing Business in India and China||Yes|
|EPGPX||Executive PG Diploma Programme in Management||Yes|
|PGPWE||Post Graduate Management for Working Professional||Yes|
|PGDHRM||Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management||No|
|PGPBM||Postgraduate Programme in Business Management (for Working Executives)||Yes|
Step 4: Test Center Details
After selecting the course, the aspirants need to choose four cities of their preference. CAT 2019 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 156 cities. Cities and centres are assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2019 registration.
Step 5: Pay the Application Fee
In the last step, pay the required amount of the application fee, however, before that, re-check all the details provided by you in the form. This is because after the form submission, there is no provision to edit the details.
CAT 2019 Exam Centers
The Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT) is going to be conducted at 156 cities. Last year, the exam was conducted at 147 cities. Candidates can check the tentative list of CAT 2019 exam centers from the table below:
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
CAT 2019 Admit Card
CAT 2019 Admit Card releases 20-30 days before the exam day. Candidates can download it from the official website using the login credentials. In case there are any errors in the hall ticket, then students can contact the CAT official helpline. If the details are enetered wrong by students, then no changes will be entertained. You may not get the admit card in case the application form gets canceled.
CAT 2019 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Some candidates have conveyed that they are unable to move ahead in the registration process as when they fill class 12 percentage it is showing wrong. To this, some users have informed that when they faced the same issue, they were able to proceed by rounding up the class 12th percentage to two decimal places. Try doing the same.
Ans : Yes. Eligibility norms of CAT 2019 state that those who will complete the degree by May 2019 are eligible. However, such a candidate should select Yes to the question “Are you in the final year of Bachelor Degree”.
Ans : You do not need to upload any degree mark sheets while filling up the CAT 2019 application form.
Ans : You cannot edit personal details (Personal details, other personal details, communication address, uploaded documents) and any details in the academic section except percentage marks scored after making payment. If you have made a mistake in these details, you must register again with a new email ID. However, after you submit the application, there will be a limited time window during which can you modify very limited details like the percentage of marks scored, work experience, programs names/interview city centers.
Ans : In case there is no criterion to convert grades into a percentage, then you must ask your institute to provide you the equivalent percentage or scores.
Ans : Yes, you can appear for the exam. However, you must obtain at least 50% during the time of admission.
Ans : No. IIMs themselves randomly allots the test slot.
That’s all as far as the Application Form filling process is concerned. It’s now time to just study hard and with a well defined and clear strategy. So as to achieve your targeted goal. All the best to all the aspirants! For any queries, feel free to get in touch! We will be glad to help you!