CMAT 2019 – NTA has released CMAT 2019 application form, at ntacmat.nic.in. The form is available from November 01 to 30, 2018, only in online mode. Candidates planning to appear for CMAT need to remit the application fee of Rs. 1400 (Rs. 700 for reserved category, transgender, and females). Common Management Admission Test 2019 will be held on January 28, 2019. It will be a computer-based test, which will be held in two slots. Slot 1 will be from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and the CMAT slot 2 will begin from 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm. It will be held at the national level, in 85 centers. Qualifying candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview by the participating B-Schools, which are 1000+. Candidates can check CMAT 2019 Syllabus, Colleges, date, application process, exam pattern, books, preparation tips etc from this page.
Nearly, 59000 candidates appear CMAT every year. General, the candidates scoring between 315 to 350 are among the top 10 qualifiers. CMAT 2019 will take place in 84 cities this year.
CMAT 2019 Dates – Official Schedule for CMAT 2019 by NTA has been available. Check the complete schedule below.
|CMAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Application form availability||01 Nov 2018|
|CMAT Application Form 2019 Last Date||30 Nov 2018|
|CMAT Admit Card 2019||07 Jan 2019|
|CMAT 2019 exam date (2 Sessions)||28 Jan 2019
Slot 1: 09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M
Slot 2: 02:30 P.M. to 05:30 P.M
|CMAT Answer Key 2019||Within 1 week after the exam|
|CMAT Result 2019||by 08 Feb 2019|
Changes in CMAT 2019 by NTA
These are the following changes have been made by NTA this year. Candidates must look at the changes in the pointers below. These are the 7 major changes by the exam body.
- Exam in two session – The exam will take place in two-time slots ie forenoon and afternoon session.
- Answer Key – NTA will release the answer key and recorded response sheet after the conduction of exam.
- Choose 4 Test City – Candidates in the form can choose the four exam city of their choice.
- Registration Window – Candidates will get only 30 days to register as compared to 60 days from last year.
- Number of Test City – The total number of test city has been increased from 75 to 84.
- Test Practise Centre – Students can register for TPC to get the idea of the computer-based test.
- No Application Form window – Candidates will not get the chance to edit the form after final submission. Candidates furnishing details in the application form will not be verified by NTA. Document verification will take place at the institute in which a student is taking admission.
CMAT 2019 Application Form
If you want to apply for the exam, visit the official page to register yourself as a new user. CMAT 2019 application forms has released on November 01, 2018. You can apply for the same through online mode only as no offline forms facility is available.
After filling of form, you can opt to make payment online or offline. Also, you need to upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature in predefined format only. After submitting the form take a print out of the completed application form for future reference.
Candidates facing any problem in the form can look at this” How to apply CMAT 2019?” video.
CMAT 2019 Application Fee
In order to successfully apply for CMAT 2019, an applicant is required to make a registration payment. Once the fee is paid, it is not refundable.
You can take a look at the amount required to pay for the exam:
|General/ OBC||Rs 1400/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Female/Transgender||Rs 700/-|
Success Stories: CMAT 100 Percentile Saras Suhane
CMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for CMAT 2019, you must ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below.
- Nationality – Only citizen of Indian are eligible to apply for the entrance test.
- Educational Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Final Year Graduates – Such candidates are eligible to apply given that they submit the necessary documents before the last date.
- Age Limit – There are in no age limit.
- Number of Attempts – There is no limit to the number of attempts that an applicant can make.
About CMAT Exam
The CMAT 2019 is a national level entrance exam for admission to MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, PGCM courses. The score of the exam is acceptable at all the AICTE approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. There are over 1000 colleges accepting CMAT 2019 scores.
All questions are Multiple choices Based with four options each. The main areas of the exam are Logical Reasoning. General Awareness, Quantitative Techniques, and Data Interpretation, Language Comprehension. The selection process includes Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) or Written Ability Test (WAT).
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
CMAT is one of the toughest exams for management level admission in colleges. Students need to work hard and smart in order to pass the exam with good marks. For this, they must be aware of the exam pattern and CMAT 2019 syllabus.
Mode of the Examination
- Teat will conduct in computer-based mode only.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The total marks of the paper are 400.
- Each question carries 04 Marks.
- Negative marking of one mark for every incorrect answer.
Questions in Exam
- There are four sections in the exam.
- There are total 100 questions with 25 each in four section.
|Section||Number of Questions||Number of good attempts||Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||17-18||100|
How to Prepare for CMAT 2019?
If you have appeared for CAT, IIFT or any other management course admission test and scored good marks, cracking CMAT2019 will not be difficult at all.
For this section, learn each topic every day. Moreover, try to learn the concepts that are used to solve a particular question. For example in the seating arrangement questions, learn simple concepts of left-right, sitting 2 spaces to left or right etc. Simple logic will help to solve questions easily.
Moreover, if LR of CAT/ IIFT/XAT is already prepared then it is easy to crack logical reasoning section of CMAT. Also, keep taking the mock test, previous year question papers for the better preparation.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
For this section, keep your basics right. The more you practice, the more you will know how to apply a concept in a question. If you are finding one type of questions always wrong then, learn its all formulas and concepts again. Then do atleast 50 questions from that topics to understand it completely.
If you want to score well in a section of General Awareness try reading newspapers and magazines on current affairs. Also, while attempting a question in CMAT 2019 try to read the question twice and carefully answer it.
Important Exam Tips
- Prepare and understand the concepts in detail. Try to finish the syllabus by the end of December.
- Take the mock test, sectional test regularly and analyze them as well.
- Solve previous year question papers. It will help in understanding the exam pattern and types of question for the exam.
- Since you must be preparing for other exams as well have a good grip on time management and make a timetable. This is one of the biggest factors for cracking CMAT 2019.
Know how topper gets 100 percentile in the exam?
Saras Suhane got 100 percentile in CMAT and got admission JBIMS, Mumbai. He did not take any coaching and even prepared while working. Know more about Saras Suhane at the interview with him.
For him, self-study is the best source of preparation. Getting the basics right really helped him to crack CMAT.
Best Books for CMAT 2019
We believe that preparing for CMAT is not an easy task and requires a lot of concentration and consistency. Here we have compiled a list of best books available in the market for the better preparation of CMAT 2019.
Below is the list of 5 best books for CMAT 2019 which you can refer for your preparation. Let’s have a look:
|Book||Author/ Publisher||Buy From Amazon|
|The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT||SK Sinha||Buy Here|
|CMAT Entrance Guide||Disha||Buy Here|
|The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning||Arihant||Buy Here|
|Verbal Ability and Comprehension for CMAT||Harat Patodi||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey||Buy Here|
Registration For Practise Centre
Candidates appearing for CMAT can also go for the trial test. The NTA will start the registration for the CMAT 2019 online test centre in a few days. All students will able to access the service if they register for the exam before the last date. You can get more details at TPC Registration Process.
Candidates must use the service to get familiar with the exam pattern. The centres will open at the college/ institutes where computer facility is available. Trained officers will help the candidates to clear their doubts regarding how to take the computer-based test.
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
The CMAT 2019 Admit Card will available online at the NTA website. The hall ticket will release on January 07, 2018. In order to download admit card login to your account on the official website by entering login details. Take a print out of it and keep it safe for appearing for the exam. Candidates must reach the exam centre as specified on the admit card. All the students must carry hall ticket, one photograph, PWD certificate (if applicable), and photo identity proof with them on the test day.
Importantly, candidates have to reach the exam center two hours before the exam timings. Test takers having the exam in the morning must reach the exam hall latest by 8:30 AM. Similarly, candidates having an exam in the afternoon must reach latest by 1:30 PM.
List of Test Cities for CMAT 2019
Candidates who wish to apply for CMAT 2019 have to appear for the exam in one of the cities listed below. Have a look at them and decide the city you want to appear for the test. Click Here to check exam cities.
Cities which are added or removed by NTA are as follows.
CMAT 2019 Exam Cities
|Delhi/ New Delhi||Kochi||Coimbatore|
|Kadi/Mehsana||Jabalpur||Allahabad / Prayagraj|
|Vadodara||Aurangabad (MR)||Greater Noida / Noida|
CMAT 2019 Analysis
The exam will conduct on January 28, 2019, once the exam is over, candidates will able to know if the exam was difficult, moderate, or easy.
Though we can look at CMAT 2018 analysis, which would help us expect how CMAT 2019 will come this year. Last year, the quantitative ability was moderate having questions from diverse topics naming Linear Equations, Geometry, Inequalities, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Time & Distance, P&C, Probability, Sets & Venn Diagrams, etc.
The logical reasoning was quite on the difficult side. Distribution questions had a lot of content making it time-consuming set. The others questions were from coding-decoding, alpha-numeric-symbolic series, direction sense, cubes, family tree, Venn diagrams, matrix arrangements (distributions), series based, comparisons, logical consistency.
The Verbal Ability section was also moderate, consisting of 15 questions from Rc which were quite lengthy. Rest of the questions were from verbal ability consisting of Fact-Inference-Judgement, Synonyms/ Antonyms, Analogies, Meaning of words and their usage in sentences, Figures of Speech etc.
General Knowledge section was difficult having questions from Indian Constitution, General Science including topics related to health and diseases, Indian Penal Code, Banking, Policy, Quotations, Sports, Current Events.
CMAT 2019 Answer Key
After the conduction of exam on January 28, 2019, NTA will release the answer key and recorded responses. Which means candidates can check official CMAT 2019 Answer Key with the answers marked by them in the test. Candidates can also raise objections in the answer key if there are any errors. Candidates can do the same by paying Rs 1000/- per question.
Students can log in at the CMAT student portal and can select the question and answers in which they have doubts. Once all the objections are received the final answer key will release. This key will be final and the exam conducting body will not entertain any communication regarding this.
CMAT 2019 Result
With the final answer key, NTA will release the CMAT 2019 Result at www.ntacmat.nic.in only. The result will contain the raw score which the candidates can use to take admission in the colleges. NTA will play no role in the admission process of institutes accepting CMAT 2019 scores. You will be able to download score card using login credentials.
Once candidates receive their scorecard, they will not get the provision to for re-valuation/re-checking. Even NTA will not entertain any queries related to wrong details entered in the application form.
CMAT 2019 Selection Process
Candidates seeking admission via CMAT 2019 must have to follow the selection procedure of colleges in which they are taking admission. Though the basic steps involved are:
- Exam – Take CMAT 2019 exam on the scheduled date.
- Result – Wait for the result to be announced by NTA. Use these scores to take admission in colleges accepting the exam scores.
- Application form – Meanwhile fill the application form of colleges of your preferred colleges according to their last date.
- Cut off – Respective institutes will release their cut off and call the registered students to appear for GDPI round.
- GDPI – The selection procedure may include Group Discussion, Personal Interview, or Essay Writing.
- Final Admission – Selected students can take final admission according to the final list released the colleges.
Note: Before the final admission, candidates have to go through the document verification round. Students failing to meet the eligibility criteria of the college will not able to take the final admission. Apart from CMAT 2019, candidates have to apply for colleges accepting CMAT 2019 scores separately.
CMAT 2019 Reservation
The reservation policy for admission in the academic year 2019-21 depends on the policy adopted by a particular college. Though if the college is under the central government then for SC, ST, OBC(Non-Creamy) has 15%, 7.5%, and 27% reservation respectively. Also, there is a reservation of 5% in each category under PWD.
Colleges Accepting CMAT 2019 Scores
According to NTA CMAT information brochure, there are over 1000 participating colleges accepting CMAT 2019 scores. Here is the list of some of the colleges who will take admission on the basis of the exam scores.
- VIT Business School
- Alliance University
- IFMR Chennai
- IMT Nagpur
- IMT Hyderabad
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Jharkhand
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research, and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- MIT School of Business, Pune
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Thapar University
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)
- Indian School of Mines University, Dhanbad
- Calcutta Business School
- TSM Madurai
- Amity University
- Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology, Mohali
- Singhad Institute, Pune
- ITS Institute of Management, Greater Noida
- Galgotias Business School, Greater Noida
- Dr. D Y Patil Institute of Management, Pune
- Indira School of Business Studies, Pune
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Buldana
- National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (NIAM), Jaipur
CMAT 2019 Cut Off
After the announcement of the result, the CMAT 2019 accepting colleges will release the cut off on their official website. Candidates who have applied in the particular colleges will get the call from the institutes if they have cleared the cutoff. These are the approximate cut off of top colleges accepting CMAT scores.
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||99.92|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.85|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.20|
|Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai||99.06|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||99.06|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS), Pune||96.42|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Jharkhand||95|
What Is NTA?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) was approved by the Union Cabinet in November 2017 for conducting entrance examinations for higher educational Institutions. The objective to bring NTA is to bring a qualitative difference in the examination process by focusing on research and scientific test design using services of Experts, Researchers, Statisticians, Psychometricians, Test Item Writers and Education Specialists.
From the year 2019, the NTA will conduct major entrance tests which CBSE and AICTE used to conduct. The NTA will use highly secured IT software and encryption to ensure smooth delivery of tests just in time and will ensure no leakages and other malpractices.
Since NTA is going to conduct the entrance test in online mode, it will establish a network of test practice centers for students of rural areas so that everyone will have an opportunity to practice before the exam.
FAQs based on CMAT 2019
Keeping in mind the basic and most important questions asked by candidates we have prepared a list of frequently asked questions to answer all the queries. Have a look and get your question answered:
Q. After the CMAT results come out will there be counseling for college allotments?
No, after CMAT 2019 results are announced all the CMAT participating colleges will announce the cut off for the admission. If you have scored the minimum cut off marks required for the admission in a college of your choice, you will be eligible to attend the GDPI round.
After you have applied in the college on the basis of CMAT 2019 score, you will be called for the pre-admission round. Generally pre-admission rounds consist of GD, PI and Written Ability Test (WAT). However, it may vary from college to college.
Q. What if I am unable to submit my test results at the end of the examination. Will it lock automatically?
If you have locked the answer you have marked, then you must not worry as it will lock automatically. However, if your marked choices were not locked then finger crossed. All the Best.
Q. If I don’t apply for any college before CMAT Results and gets a good score in it, will I still get a call from any college?
We would advise you to fill in the application form of well-reputed colleges once they are available. However, if the applying date in the college has elapsed you are not going to receive a call. But worry not, as there are numerous colleges that take in students on the basis of CMAT score.
CMAT 2019 Helpline
Candidates can use these following communication methods to contact NTA authorities.
Department of Higher Education
Ministry of Human Resource Development
West Block – 1, Wing No. 6, 2nd Floor, R K Puram, New Delhi – 110016
Address for correspondence
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
Help Line: For Technical Support, contact following during working days between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
To download CMAT 2019 Information Brochure, Click Here.
For any queries regarding NTA CMAT, please write in comment section below.