CMAT 2020 Preparation – For scoring good in the CMAT 2020 Exam, candidates must be aware of the exam pattern, books to be used, and the recent syllabus of the exam. Also, candidates must start preparing as soon as possible. If you are already preparing for CAT, XAT, IIF, etc, then the General aptitude od CMAT may be easy for you. Therefore, the CMAT exam Preparation is not very difficult as the basics of CMAT question papers have remained unchanged. The key component in CMAT 2020 preparation strategy is your CMAT preparation time. So all the candidates must manage your time well by following the 30-day plan for each section is given below in this article. Therefore, to know the preparation tips for the individual section, read the full article.
Time Table for CMAT 2020 Preparation
For scoring well in the CMAT 2020, candidates must follow a particular time table. Therefore, manage your time well and prepare accordingly. As there is 4 section in Cmat 2020 namely Quantitative Aptitude, Language Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Tou have to prepare for each section and give the required time to it. To do so, divide your time of the day according to the topics you want to prepare. A 30-day plan is provided below for your convenience. In the below study plan for each section, you have to devote the required time. Follow the 30-day plan given below for the CMAT preparation.
How to Prepare for CMAT 2020?
Preparation required time, so all the candidates are advised to start your preparation in advance. while preparing for the CMAT 2020 Exam Keep the following points in your mind.
- Make a Study Plan as per the syllabus and try to give the required amount of time to a particular subject.
- Time management is very important to do while studying. Try to make a proper time table and make sure to follow it.
- Be Focused on your exam and do not let anyone distract you. find a peaceful environment for studying your subjects.
- Start from scratch, candidates are advised to clear their basics and do not jump to the complex and tough question directly.
- Use relevant Formulas for solving quantitative ability questions. Therefore candidates are advised to make a list of the formulas required.
- Know your Strengths and Weaknesses while solving the question and devote more time to your weaker part.
- The selection of Books must be done wisely because 1 book is sufficient per subject. however, if you choose more books, you’ll end up being confused.
- Update the syllabus according to the time. Candidates can download the updated syllabus from the official website of CMAT.
- Solve Mock Tests regularly as it will increase your efficiency and performance.
- Prepare your own notes while studying as it will help you at the time of revision.
- Revision is the key to success. so all the candidates are advised to revise all the subjects daily at least 1 time
- Practice as much as you can because it will increase your speed for solving the questions.
CMAT 2020 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- In this section, there are 25 questions and for each correct answer, a candidate is rewarded with 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Ideally, the time taken to solve the questions in this section should be 45 min. But the candidates are advised to complete the section in a time span of 40 min. So, they have time for revision.
- This section requires fast calculation techniques so, regular practice is needed.
- Know all the formulas well.
- Write, read and repeat the formulas.
- Taking online free mock tests can be really helpful.
- Solve previous year paper.
CMAT 2020 Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning
- 45 mints maximum should be devoted to the Logical Reasoning Section of CMAT 2020.
- It’s all about applying logic with the right technique and angel. You must first understand the logic being applied for every question you go through.
- You can also refer to the CMAT previous years’ question papers.
- This section is very tricky and one must be very attentive while answering the questions.
- Read good Logical Reasoning books suggested by your mentors and seniors.
- This will help in understanding the basic concept of Logical Reasoning which will help you in solving the questions.
CMAT 2020 Preparation Tips for Language Comprehension
- You must not take more than 35 minutes to solve the questions of the Language Comprehension Section.
- The section consists of pure English grammar knowledge as you will have to solve questions based on idioms, phrases, synonyms and antonyms, jumbled para, finding errors, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Questions based on reading comprehension and paragraph completion can be practised by following good English newspapers, journals, and good English practice books.
- While attempting the composition question, go through the questions before the paragraph. This will be helpful when you’re marking your answers as you read.
CMAT 2020 Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- To complete this section, you can take 35 minutes out of a total of 180 minutes.
- Reading newspapers and magazines daily can help you to enhance your general knowledge.
- Watch news regularly on television/Mobile Phone.
- Nowadays, People don’t have time to watch the new in a traditional way. Therefore candidates can download News apps like Twitter, Inshorts, Google news, etc on their mobile/tab.
- Watch news regularly on television/Mobile Phone.
- Make a routine of watching the news and reading Magazines regarding general awareness.
- Reading good journals and general knowledge books will also help you with this section of CMAT 2020.
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Before preparing For CMAT 2020, Candidates must have knowledge about the Exam Pattern. The CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern is explained below:
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Number of Sections: 4
- Number of Questions: 100
|Sections||No. of Ques.||Max. Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to focus on the following topic while preparing for the CMAT 2020. Prepare these topics individually and try to start your preparation as soon as possible. In this section, you can check the topics and can practice them accordingly.
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation,||Logical Reasoning||General Awareness||Language Comprehension|
|Tabulation, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph||Analytical Reasoning||Literature||Grammer|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Sequencing||Indian Constitution||Sentence Correction|
|Probability, Averages, Work & time||Cause and Effects, Statements and Conclusion||Current Affairs of National and International Economy||Paragraph Completion|
|Permutations & Combinations||Coding and Decoding||Personalities in News||Idioms and Phrases|
|Quadratic and linear equations||Non-Verbal Reasoning||History & Geography||Sentence Improvement|
|Algebra||Ranking Tests||Trade Awareness||Idioms and Phrases|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Linear Arrangements||Science in everyday life||English usage errors|
|Allegation & Mixtures||Matrix Arrangements||Sports News||One-word Substitution|
|Geometry,||Symbol Based Problems||Economics||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Number system, etc||Blood Relationship Tests, etc||Culture & Politics||Reading Comprehension|
CMAT 2020 Books
Preparing from the right book can Increase the chances of clearing the CMAT 2020 exam. Here are some of the recommended books for preparing CMAT 2020
|CMAT 2020 Books||Author||Buy Here|
|CMAT Guide 2020 Edition||RPH Editorial||Click Here|
|Verbal Ability||R.S Aggarawl||Click Here|
|Logical Ability||R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma||Click here|
CMAT is the Common Management Aptitude Test conducted by NTA (National testing agency ). The exam will be held in the month of Jan. This exam is for the students who want to pursue the management field in the future. Candidates interested in MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, PGCM courses must prepare for CMAT 2020 this year. CMAT offers the admission in the ACITE approved colleges or universities as per your rank and score
NTA is National Testing Agency. It is an autonomous exam conducting body which has been created to conduct some major entrance exams such as JEE Main, NEET, GPAT Etc. CMAT 2020 is conducted by NTA from last year. This body has been created to relive CBSE, AICTE and other major authorities of the duties of conducting these entrance exams.