The GMAT 2018 exam will measure the higher order skills required for graduate management education. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) which checks written, verbal, analytical, quantitative and reading skills in English which is used to get admission into various graduate management programmes like MBA. Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is the test owning company which explains the importance of each section present in the test. Each section of the GMAT 2018 exam targets specific skills and has its own importance. For more information regarding GMAT 2018 exam, its dates, registration, eligibility, fees, etc., candidates can read this article.
GMAT 2018 exam will predict student success in graduate business programmes. Analytical writing assessment measures how to analyze an argument in written form whereas integrated reasoning checks the skills which are used to analyze and synthesize information. Quant measures data sufficiency and problem-solving capacity of the candidates and verbal measures reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction skills of the aspirants. Schedule of important dates regarding GMAT 2018 exam is provided below.
|GMAT 2018||Important Dates|
|GMAT 2018 Registration for the Exam||You can register yourself up to 6 months in advance to appear for the CBT test.|
|GMAT 2018 Exam Date||You can take the test after at least 16 days or even can reschedule it by paying a fee|
|Result Announcement||After exam completion score will be shown to you. Within 3 weeks from the exam date, the score will be made available to you officially.|
GMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are a minimum set of requirements that should be possessed by every candidate who is aspiring for GMAT 2018 exam. They are listed as follows:
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old but if the candidate’s age lies between 13-17 years then he/she should have the permission of a parent or legal guardian. The candidates have to provide a written proof of his/her guardian’s consent before scheduling the exam.
- Candidate cannot take the exam more than five times within a rolling 12 months period and not more than 8 times in total.
- Also, a candidate has to wait at least 16 days after taking the exam, before taking it again.
- If a candidate has previously obtained a perfect score of 800, then he/she has to wait for at least 5 years to take the test again.
GMAT 2018 Registration Process
First of all, the candidate has to fulfill the eligibility stated above. Once it is done, an applicant can proceed forward for doing GMAT 2018 Registration Below mentioned steps could be followed for applying for GMAT 2018:
Step 1: First the candidate has to create a GMAC account by providing the details like first name, last name, email address, password and confirm a password. This is shown in the image provided below:
Step 2: After creating the account, you can login into the account and fill in all the compulsory details and edit them, if required.
Step 3: In the next step, you will be given an option to schedule your exam whereby you will be given an option to appear for your paper according to your own schedule.
Step 4: Finally you can confirm and recheck all your exam data to ensure error-free registration process.
Step 5: In the final step, a candidate has to make all the payments required for completing the process of registration. The scheduling fee is US$250.00.
GMAT 2018 Registration Fees
Candidates can schedule their GMAT 2018 exam online, by phone, postal mail, or fax and pay USD $ 250 by credit card or debit card, cheque, or money order.
- Online – Candidates can schedule their exam on the official website, mba.com. They have to just log in and create an account, and follow the homepage link.
- Phone – They can also schedule by calling GMAT customer service in their region. This may charge an additional service fee of US$10.
- Postal Mail – Complete the GMAT 2018 registration form online and mail it in along with your payment information. The only payment option is by cheque or money order.
- Fax – Complete the form from the official website and fax to the number that will be displayed. Make sure you have provided your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, and gender exactly as they appear on the identification you will present at the test centre.
GMAT 2018 Rescheduling Process
If in any case, the candidate wants to change his/her examination date or wants to reschedule his/her examination day, then this option is also available for the candidates who are aspiring for GMAT 2018 exam. Below is the fee details that he/she needs to pay in order to reschedule GMAT 2018 exam.
GMAT 2018 Rescheduling Fees
The rescheduling fee may vary and it will depend on the following factors:
- More than 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date, time, or location, the fees will be USD $60.00 fee (each time you reschedule).
- Within 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date, time, or location, there will be additional USD $250.00 fee.
To reschedule appointment in a country other than the one in which you scheduled your original appointment, you can Get IN Touch WITH GMAT by phone.
GMAT 2018 Fee Structure
Various types of services related to exam rescheduling, exam cancellation appointment, different types of score reports, etc. are provided in the GMAT 2018 exam. The fees for various products and services regarding GMAT 2018 is listed below. Candidates can check them.
|GMAT Product or Service||Fee|
|GMAT exam||USD $250|
|Reschedule Exam Appointment|
|More than seven days before appointment||USD $60|
|Within seven days of appointment||USD $250|
|Cancel Exam Appointment|
|More than seven days before appointment||USD $80 Refund|
|Within seven days of appointment||No Refund|
|Additional Score Report||USD $35|
|Enhanced Score Report||USD $24.95|
|Score Cancel (After you leave the testing centre, online on mba.com)||USD $25|
|Score Reinstate||USD $50|
|AWA Essay Rescoring||USD $45|
|GMAT Handbook||Free Download|
|GMATPrep Software||Free Download|
GMAT 2018 Confirmation Letter
Admit card is usually not issued by the GMAT officials but after registration, applicants can download the confirmation letter which contains details about test date and test centre. After the GMAT 2018 registration process is successfully completed, applicants must review the confirmation letter and verify that whether all the details in the letter is correct or not. Candidates must ensure that their name, test date, and the location is same as was provided at the time of registration. Applicants are advised to take a printout of this confirmation letter as it will work as admit card/hall ticket for taking the examination.
The confirmation letter for GMAT 2018 exam will include the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Address of the candidate
- The nationality of the candidate
- Exam centre’s address
- Exam date and time
- GMAT ID number
- Appointment number
GMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The duration of GMAT 2018 exam is three and a half hours and the candidates have to complete the four sections of the GMAT 2018 exam i.e. analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative, and verbal in this amount of time only. Candidates have the option available to select the order in which they want to complete the sections. 3 options are available for choosing the order:
- Analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative, verbal (original order)
- Verbal, quantitative, integrated reasoning, analytical writing assessment
- Quantitative, verbal, integrated reasoning, analytical writing assessment
|MAT Test Section||Time Limit (in Minutes)||Number of Questions||Question Types|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||30||1 topic||Analysis of an Argument|
|Integrated Reasoning||30||12 questions||Multi-Source Reasoning, table Analysis, graphics Interpretation and two-Part Analysis|
|Quantitative Reasoning||75||37 questions||Data sufficiency and problem-solving|
|Verbal Reasoning||75||41 questions||Reading comprehension, critical reasoning and sentence correction|
GMAT 2018 Preparation Tips
The best tips include focussing on the most important topics which are more likely to be asked, understanding the format and pattern of examination, practicing sample questions and previous years papers and reviewing one section at a time. These ways will help you achieve your best GMAT score and you will feel confident on the examination day. Before you start preparing, you all are advised to download Free GMATPrep® Software which is free to registered users of mba.com. This is a great diagnostic tool which will help the candidates to know which areas of the exam are more important to focus on. The GMAT Prep Timeline provides a step-by-step approach and includes links to tips, products, and advice for improving the weak areas and enhances the good parts. Other helpful resources include:
- Official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool
- Official Guide to Your Best GMAT (infographic)
- Test Center Checklist (infographic)
- The Premium Study Collection
GMAT 2018 Result
After the GMAT exam gets over, you will receive five scores which will include scores for 4 sections and one will be for the total marks obtained in GMAT 2018 exam. There is a new score feature now that enables the candidates to preview the unofficial GMAT scores before deciding whether to accept or cancel them. Unofficial scores from the verbal, quantitative, and integrated reasoning sections of the GMAT exam, along with the total score, are available immediately after the candidate complete the test. The change gives more control of the score reporting to the candidates.
Each of the five GMAT 2018 exam scores is reported on a fixed scale and appears on the official GMAT score report. One unique link is emailed to the candidates when the GMAT scores become reportable and the candidates can expect this email within 20 calendar days of testing. This email will contain a link for accessing the official score report by visiting: www.mba.com/mygmat.
Candidates can also compare their scores with the previous version of the GMAT Exam provided the candidate has taken the previous version of the GMAT exam. For more information on the candidate’s performance and a complete observation of how the candidate performed in the exam, candidate can check the Enhanced Score Report (ESR) that provides the detailed analysis based on question type, areas of focus, and pacing, this way candidates can plan their preparation more accordingly and can do even better next time or in the future.
Cancellation of Scores in GMAT 2018 Exam
The GMAT 2018 exam score preview feature allows the aspirants to make the choice to report or cancel GMAT score. After the completion of the test, candidates can view and check their score. This is the time when the candidates have the option to cancel their scores.
f the candidate cancel the scores then:
- The candidate won’t be able to check the scores at a later time unless reinstate your score option is chosen. Fees will also apply.
- Candidates will not be eligible for a refund of any test fees.
- The score cancellation will not be reported or otherwise indicated on all future score reports.
- Candidates will have to wait 16 calendar days to retake the exam.
If the candidate doesn’t cancel the scores then:
- They will receive a printed copy of the unofficial report for quantitative, verbal, integrated reasoning and total scores at the test centre.
- Candidates will have the option within 72 hours to cancel the score online via, mba.com, account for a $25 fee.
- The official score report, including the scores for the analytical writing assessment, will be made available to the candidates and their designated GMAT programmes within 20 calendar days after the candidate have taken the test.
The official website for GMAT 2018 exam is www.mba.com.
If you have any queries regarding GMAT 2018 exam, then feel free to ask in the comment box provided below.