The Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT 2019) is a computer-based entrance test which is multiple times a year. The entrance test is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). the score for GMAT 2019 is accepted by more than 7,000 programs at approximately 2,300 graduate business schools around the world. In a recent survey conducted by Kaplan Test Prep, the GMAT is still the number one choice for MBA aspirants despite the increasing acceptability of GRE scores.
To appear for the exam, the candidates have to register online at the official website of GMAT, mba.com. Once the registration is done you can then schedule the GMAT exam by choosing the preferable test date, time and exam center. Check complete details about the GMAT 2019 from this page.
The aspirants cannot appear for GMAT more than once within 16 days but no more than five times in a rolling 12-month period and no more than eight times total, even if the scores are canceled.
GMAT Exam Dates 2019
The candidates can check the schedule for GMAT 2019 from the table below.
|GMAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Registration for GMAT 2019||Throughout the year|
|GMAT 2019 exam date||Choose it at the time of registration|
|Declaration of GMAT 2019 Result||Soon after the exam is over|
GMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who aspire to take the GMAT 2019 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below
- Age Limit: The aspirant must be at least 18 years old. However, if you are between 13 and 17 years old, then you must get permission from a parent or legal guardian by providing a written proof of your guardian’s consent prior to scheduling the exam.
- Number of Attempts: In total, the candidates cannot appear for GMAT more than 08 times and also you may take the exam no more than five times within a rolling 12-month period.
- Re-appear/ apply for the Test: To again appear for the test, you have to wait for 16 days, after you take the exam. If you have previously achieved a perfect score of 800, must wait at least five years to take the test again.
GMAT 2019 Registration
The aspirants can register for the GMAT 2019 either online at mba.com or by calling one of the test centers, postal mail, or fax. If you wish to schedule the exam online, then you have to first create an account by entering details such as your name, email id and mobile number. The test takers can also call GMAT Customer Service in their respective region and make an appointment for scheduling the exam.
Another way to schedule the exam is by postal mail. All you have to do is complete the application form online and then mail it in along with your payment information or else you can fax it to the number shown.
The registration fee for GMAT Exam is US$250 which can be paid by either of the following modes:
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Cashier’s Checks
- Money Orders
- Personal Checks
GMAT 2019 Exam Pattern and Important Topics
The GMAT is a computer adaptive test (CAT) which is of 3.5 hours duration. The test comprises of four sections – Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning. The quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT exam are both multiple-choice type. The exam pattern for GMAT 2019 is explained below:
|Name of the Section||Time Limit||Number of questions||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||30 minutes||01 (essay)||0-6|
|Integrated Reasoning||30 minutes||12||1-8|
|Quantitative Reasoning||62 minutes||31||6-51|
|Verbal Reasoning||65 minutes||36||6-51|
There are certain topics which one need to prepare for GMAT 2018 which are as follows:
- In the Analytical Writing Assessment, the candidates will have to solve analysis of an Argument type of question.
- The integrated reasoning section includes four question types: table analysis, graphics interpretation, multi-source reasoning, and two-part analysis
- There are two types of questions in quantitative reasoning section: problem-solving and data sufficiency.
- The verbal section of the GMAT 2019 includes the following question types: reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction.
Books Recommended For GMAT 2019
Before you even star preparing it is important that you should have all the necessary study material with you. Here we have listed some books which are recommended for GMAT preparation. Take a look at the table below.
|Name of the book||Name of the author||Buy Here|
|GMAT Complete 2019: The Ultimate in Comprehensive Self-Study for GMAT (Kaplan Test Prep)||Kaplan Test Prep||Click Here to buy|
|Complete GMAT Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep||Click Here to buy|
|GMAT Verbal Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep||Click Here to buy|
|GMAT Critical Reasoning (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep||Click Here to buy|
|GMAT Advanced Quant: 250+ Practice Problems & Bonus Online Resources (Manhattan Prep Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep||Click Here to buy|
|GMAT Official Guide 2018: Book + Online||GMAC||Click Here to buy|
How To Prepare for GMAT 2019?
Now, that you know the exam pattern and topics which you need to study, let us see how you can kick start your preparation for GMAT 2019:
- Th first step for preparing for GMAT is to make a study plan. Also, you should take a diagnostic test (full-length, timed, and in computerised adaptive format) through the official GMATPrep software. However, while practising, try to simulate the test environment as much as possible. This will help you to know your starting point in terms of your GMAT score.
- Since it is too early for GMAT 2019, you should use your early prep time to become familiar with the format of the exam as much as possible. A major factor which will reduce stress on the exam day will be if you know you won’t be seeing any surprises.
- When you are taking your first practice test, notice the errors which you have made. A simple trick to analyse your weaknesses, read the answer explanations of the questions you struggled with on your diagnostic test. Now that you have identified your mistake and weak areas, allot more time to practice questions from your weaknesses.
- Lastly, remember that it is not about how many questions you practice for the GMAT, but understanding correct approach i.e. why the right answer is right, why the wrong answer is wrong.
GMAT 2019 Conformation Letter
Once the registration process is over, the candidates will get the confirmation letter which will consist of test date and time. The confirmation letter will be available for download online. On the day of the examination you need to carry a valid photo id proof such as Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID card, etc. The confirmation letter for GMAT 2019 will include details like Name of the candidate, address of the candidate, nationality, exam centre address, GMAT ID number etc.
GMAT 2019 Result
When you have completed your exam, you will be shown your unofficial GMAT scores in each section and total. You will be given two minutes to decide whether you wish to cancel it or you want to accept the score. You must make a choice in the given time duration or else your score will be automatically cancelled. However, if you choose to accept the score, then your scores will be sent to any of the schools selected by you, you will receive a hard copy of your unofficial scores at the test center, and you will be able to access your Official Score Report.
Three weeks after the exam is held, you can download the official score report at the official website of GMAT. The official score report will consist of details such as Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, and Total Scores, Analytical Writing Assessment score, Scores from other GMAT exams you have taken within the past five years, Scores cancelled due to testing issue or policy violation, your complete home address, phone number, date of birth, etc.
GMAT 2019 Fee Structure
The complete fee structure for GMAT 2019 shall be as follows:
|GMAT Product or Service||Fee|
|GMAT exam||USD $250|
|Reschedule Exam Appointment|
|More than seven days before appointment||USD $60|
|Within seven days of appointment||USD $250|
|Cancel Exam Appointment|
|More than seven days before appointment||USD $80 Refund|
|Within seven days of appointment||No Refund|
|Additional Score Report||USD $35|
|Enhanced Score Report||USD $24.95|
|Score Cancel (After you leave the testing centre, online on mba.com)||USD $25|
|Score Reinstate||USD $50|
|AWA Essay Rescoring||USD $45|
|GMAT Handbook||Free Download|
|GMATPrep Software||Free Download|