The Xavier’s School of Management (XLRI) is providing specifications and Guidelines for XAT Photograph. The application process of XAT 2019 has been started from August 20, 2018. While filling the XAT Application Form 2019, students have to upload the photograph along with filling in their details. Often students make mistakes at the time of uploading a photograph in the application form. Therefore for the ease of the students, we are providing specifications and Guidelines for XAT Photograph. With the help of this article, students will get detailed information such as specifications of the photograph, signature, how to scan and upload them.
1. XLRI has released XAT Topper Tips for XAT 2019 Preparation.
2. Students can Request Change in Exam Centre Until 30 Nov.
3. Select XLRI Additional Programmes and Submit the Demand Draft Until 10 December
Guidelines for XAT Photograph
First of all, students must scan the images before uploading it in the application form. They must ensure that the scanned image of the photograph and signature matches the specifications and guidelines stated by the authorities. The detailed specifications are as follows.
|Image to upload||File size||Dimensions||File Format|
|Photograph||20 KB to 50 KB||200 x 230 pixels||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||10 KB to 20 KB||140 x 60 pixels||JPEG/JPG|
Instructions To Upload XAT Photograph
- Students must upload the recent passport size colored photograph.
- It should be on a white background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If you are using flash, ensure that there is no “red-eye” effect.
- Caps, hats, Goggles or any other accessories are not acceptable.
- Religious headwear such as Turban is allowed but the candidate’s face must be clearly visible.
- Eyes, nose, and hair of candidates must be visible clearly in the photograph.
- It should not be in self-portrait mode or selfie.
- Front view of the face must be clearly visible.
- Ensure that no shadows fall on the face of candidates.
Instructions To Upload XAT Signature
- An applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- Furthermore, the signature will be used to put on the Admit card and other necessary places.
- The signature of the applicant will be obtained on the admit card and attendance sheet while taking the test.
- It should match the uploaded signature.
- In case of a mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Ensure that it must be clear and not blur.
How to Scan XAT Photograph And Signature?
- First of all, set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi.
- Then set its Color to the True Color.
- The file size must be as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature as per the specifications.
- The image file should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Through MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager, students can easily obtain the photo and signature in JPEG format.
- The file size can be reduced by crop and then resize option.
How to Upload XAT Photograph And Signature?
While filling the application form, students need to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. If the size and format of the photo are not as per the guidelines then it will display an error message. In order to upload the Photograph and Signature, candidates must follow the below steps.
- First of all, there will be two separate links, i.e. “upload photograph” and another is “upload signature”.
- Now click on the respective links.
- Browse the location where you have saved the scanned image of the photograph and signature.
- Click on the saved file.
- Now click on the upload file button.
- Wait till it gets uploaded.
Also, the above image is for reference purpose only. Students can refer to the above image in order to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
If you have any questions about the XAT 2019 Photograph Specifications, then let us know in the comment section below.