The Gitam Hyderabad School of Business will be conducting the HBSAT 2019 examination for admission to the MBA course. The students who have already appeared for the MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT, are exempted from the HBSAT 2019 exam. The students who are going to appear for the exam can check the HBSAT 2019 Syllabus from below. The syllabus for all the sections that will be in the examination is given below. There are also some study tips that will help the student prepare for the exam.
HBSAT 2019 Syllabus
The Gitam Hyderabad has not prescribed any syllabus for the HBSAT 2019. But there many important topics from which the questions are asked in the exam. So the students must take a note of these topics. But before that let’s check the exam pattern to know what are the sections in the exam.
HBSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Following is the HBSAT 2019 exam pattern. There are five sections in the exam. Each section has a total of 20 questions. The total number of questions in the exam is 100.
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
- The total number of questions in the exam is 100.
- There is no negative marking for the incorrect answers.
- For every right answer, the student will get 1 mark.
Here are the most important topics that the students must not forget to prepare for. The topics are given for each of the sections.
The questions that can be asked in this section can be from any topic. So the students must practice as many questions as they can. Each question will be given with two statements. The students have to choose which statement suits most to the question.
- Average speed
- Average of number series
For this section, the students must clear their basics. This section will assess the student’s calculation speed, basic concepts, quantitative reasoning and common graphs. Here are the important topics that are expected to be asked in the exam.
- Number System
- Operations based questions
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Distance
- Special Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Profit and Loss
Communication & Business Aptitude
For this section, the students must be aware of the happenings around in the world. They must read newspapers and magazines daily. Following are some of the topics that you must focus on.
- Current Affairs
- Art and culture
- Business and Economics
- Indian Constitution
- Marketing and Business Aptitude
- Indian Polity
In this section, the students should have a good command over the vocabulary, grammar and reading. The students can read articles on various topics such as philosophy, psychology, technology and science. The important topics in this section are as follows:
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Reading comprehension
- Spellings and inappropriate usage
- Venn diagram
- selection criteria
- Conditional coding
- Verbal ability
- Input/ output
- Coding/ decoding
- Sequential output
- Blood relations
- Series completion
Preparation Tips For Exam
For the students who are struggling to study and are having a hard time can read the simple preparation tips. These tips will help them ace the exam.
- If you are having trouble remembering things then you can read the things out loud. Those who learn by reading out loud remember 50% more likely than the students who read over and over.
- Another good way to remember anything is to teach yourself what you want to learn. You can read a topic and then remember simply explain it to yourself or someone else.
- You can also make diagrams and mind maps to memorize tricky concepts. It is proven that we tend to perceive any visual information more quickly than the plain context.
- If you are getting distracted by the notifications on your phone or laptop while studying, then there is an app for which can solve this problem. An app called SelfControl keeps you away from distractions. It does so by blocking the websites and apps for a certain amount of time.
- Sometimes music also helps the students in focusing. But the question is what type of music. The correct type of music leads to more productivity.