To prepare for IIFT 2019 you need to be precise and focus on your target. This is a highly competitive exam and only a few students who score well in the examination are able to get admission in the campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. The IIFT 2019 is scheduled to be conducted in the first week of December 2018 to offer admission in MBA (IB) programmes in 3 campuses. To start preparation for IIFT 2019 you should know complete syllabus, exam pattern and preparation tips. In this manner, you will be able to get ready for the D-day and clear all the stages of the selection process.
1. Is IIFT difficult than CAT? Know How to Crack IIFT 2019
2. IIFT 2019 Admit Card is Available. Download Now!
3. IIFT 2019 Admit Card Available, know 5 key points to check on admit card
Prepare for IIFT 2019
If you are thinking to apply for IIFT 2019 and want to get prepared for the exam, this article is just for you. With the help of this article, you will come to know all the tits and tats of the paper.
To begin with, let’s, first of all, get acquainted with IIFT 2019 exam pattern. This is going to make your preparation easier and make the path to crack IIFT 2019 smooth.
The paper is going to be conducted in pen and paper mode and you will be required to attempt questions from 4 sections. The questions will be MCQ type and you will need to mark correct response to every question to score well.
The maximum marks allotted for the paper is going to be 100 and the total questions being asked will be 118. In the table below you can find the complete exam pattern for IIFT 2019:
Total Questions: 118
Maximum Marks: 100
Time Duration: 2 hours or 120 minutes
Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs)
Negative Marking: ⅓ of mark for every wrong answer
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
Prepare for IIFT 2019 with Syllabus in your Hand
As now you know the entire exam pattern of IIFT 2019, it is advisable to go through the syllabus and prepare for IIFT 2019 accordingly. Below you can find the detailed topic wise syllabus for the paper:
- Current Affairs
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Odd one out
- Jumbled paragraphs containing 4 to 5 sentences
- Fill in the Blanks
- Completion of sentences
- Contextual usage
- Usage of foreign language words in English
- Incorrect words
- Correction of sentences
- Phrasal verbs
- Use of same words in different places
- Error correction in choosing words
- One word replacement
- Passage on
- Manufacturing sector vs service sector
- Female participation in labour force
- SLAM in robotics
- Reverse innovation by PepsiCo
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Coding and decoding
- Cause and Effect
- Family tree problems
- Identifying strong arguments and weak arguments
- Identifying next number in the series
- Statements and conclusions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Matrix arrangements
- Probably false
- Identifying Probably True
- Symbol Based problems
- Statements and assumptions
- Assertion and reason
- Critical Reasoning
- Identifying valid references
- Definitely true
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio and proportion
- Geometric progression
- Arithmetic progression
- Quadratic linear equations
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Work and time
- Number system
- Allegation and Mixtures
- Arithmetic mean
- Geometric mean
- Harmonic mean
- Number based system
- Maxima & Minima progression
- Pipes and cisterns
- Simple interest and compound interest
- Set theory
- Installment payments
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial expansions
- Surds, Indices and Complex numbers
- Venn diagram
Suggested Reading: How difficult is IIFT as compared to CAT?
Most Recommended Books to Prepare for IIFT 2019
To prepare for IIFT 2019 you must have access to the best books. These books are like a guide and help you to study properly and score the marks that are sufficient enough to get you admission to MBA (IB) in IIFT campuses. Below you can find the list of best books to prepare for IIFT 2019. Grab these books and get ready for the exam in accordance with the topics and sections in the paper.
|Books||Get your Copy From Here|
|Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar||Click Here to Buy|
|The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation written by Nishit Sinha||Click Here to Buy|
Teach Yourself Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
|Click Here to Buy|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning by Nishit K. Sinha||Click Here to Buy|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma||Click Here to Buy|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma||Click Here to Buy|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Meenakshi Sharma||Click Here to Buy|
|IIFT 2018 Year Wise & Section Wise by Gautam Puri||Click Here to Buy|
|How to Get into Your Dream B School Strategies (Aptitude Test/WAT/GD/PI) to crack CAT/XAT/IIFT/SNAP/NMAT by Disha Experts||Click Here to Buy|
|Guide for NIFT/NID/IIFT 2018 by Dharmendra Mittal||Click Here to Buy|
|Study Package for NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam 2012 by Dharmendra Mittal||Click Here to Buy|
|NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide published by Ramesh Publishing House, written by Surendra Kavimandan||Click Here to Buy|
|30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis||Click Here to Buy|
For General Awareness section preparation in IIFT 2019, you can start reading daily newspapers like The Hindu, Business Standard, Livemint, Economic Times and much more. Another great way to stay updated is to turn your smartphone into a study tool. You can also install InShorts and keep updated with the latest happening around the world in just 60 words.
- You can also refer GK Today and Manorama Yearbook.
- Also start reading more stuff related to major sports events like Olympics, Asian Games, CWG, cricket, tennis, football, etc.
- Know about major political events at national as well as international level.
- Read about activities and events in the stock market, FDI, economic policies and more.
Tips and Tricks to Prepare for IIFT 2019
According to the questions asked by us related to How to prepare for IIFT 2019 on Quora, we analyzed the examination and found out certain things that may be helpful while you prepare for the exam.
We found out that the exam pattern of IIFT is simple and easy to understand. Moreover, the selection process to provide admission in this college is favorable for the applicants who score good marks in the paper and appear for GD/PI.
The most important point that you must keep in mind while preparing for the examination is that you need to score minimum cut off marks in every section of the paper apart from overall cut off.
Before we start discussing tips and tricks to score well in the exam and prepare for IIFT 2019, let me tell you what are the advantages of this exam:
- Since the examination is pen-paper based there’s no restriction of time to be spent on each section. You can devote the time to a particular section you find difficult and spend less time on the section you can solve easily.
- Switching between the sections is quite easy and hassle-free.
- The difficulty level of examination is less than that of CAT.
- The questions can be predicted with little in-depth analysis.
- The sectional cut off for IIFT 2019 is low.
Strategy to Crack IIFT 2019 with Preparation
In the following points, I will be sharing some simple yet powerful tips to prepare for IIFT 2019 in the most effective and practical manner. Read the points properly and start preparing for the exam. I am sure you will grab a seat in one of the campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Let’s together have a look at the strategy that you can follow for the preparation of IIFT 2019:
- Start your preparation with the section you are weak at. In this manner, you will have sufficient time to get your concepts clear and solve a sufficient amount of questions to understand the section and score well in that particular section. You must aim for higher accuracy instead of answering more number of questions with a low accuracy rate.
- If you are getting bored and want to break the monotony, go for the easy section which you know and start practicing it. You will in no time complete your entire syllabus and will have your concepts cleared.
- Inculcate the habit the of reading newspapers and good novels. Likewise, you will get updated as well as have preparation done for English usage and reading comprehension.
- Once you are sure of the concepts and have practiced enough questions related to a particular section, go for mock tests. This will help you to analyze your preparations and you will also get an idea of marks that you may score in IIFT 2019.
- In case, you score fewer marks than the minimum cut off than you can practice hard and improve your weaker sections.
- For this page, you can even access IIFT previous year question papers and practice solving the questions asked in the exam. This way, getting an experience of the questions and the time to be spent on each section can be gained.
Previous Year Question Papers to Prepare for IIFT 2019
To score well in the result of IIFT 2019 you must know the type of questions being asked in the paper. With the purpose to make your preparation for IIFT 2019 more focused and take it to another level, we have provided question papers of previous years. You can download it and start practicing.
|Exam||Download Question Paper|
|IIFT 2018 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2017 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2016 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2015 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2013 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2012 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2011 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2010 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2009 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2006 Exam||Click Here to Download|
Once you prepare for IIFT 2019 by following the tips and strategy illustrated above on this page, there will be no stopping. You will be done with your syllabus quickly and without facing any trouble. Moreover, the books you have will be a great friend to you. Refer it whenever you feel like and get your queries answered.
Still, if you have any questions on how to prepare for IIFT 2019, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. Our team at Aglasem is always ready to guide and assist you.