IIFT 2020 Preparation – IIFT is the entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. This entrance exam is easier than CAT but the time allotted is less, so the candidates who have prepared for CAT have an Advantage but also need to work on their speed. However, to score well in IIFT 2020, candidates must follow certain techniques. Like other management exams, this exam also has General Awareness, logical reasoning, data interpretation, Quantitative ability, English usage & reading comprehension sections. To prepare for IIFT 2020, students must be focused and work precisely with the speed. Therefore make a strategy and make sure to follow it sincerely. In order to crack the IIFT 2020, read the following tips regarding preparation, Best books to study, etc, from below.
How to Prepare for IIFT 2020?
For the Scoring well in the IIFT Entrance exam, all the students must know the exam pattern and syllabus. After that make sure to start the preparation as soon as possible. However, studying at the peak time is risky. In order to get ready for the exam day, keep the following points in your mind.
- Practice Mock test – Candiadtes must practice online mock tests, as it will increase the efficiency of solving questions. Moreover, candiadtes can see their performance and get improvement.
- Analyze previous years question papers – This is the best strategy that all the candidates must follow. It will give you the exact idea of the topics that appear in the exam.
- Identify your weak points – Firstly know the subject in which you are weak. Therefore, try to work on that particular subject and give more time to it.
- Start your preparation soon – Sometimes the student starts their preparation so late. Due to this, they are unable to crack the exam. so start your preparation as soon as possible, at least 6 months before.
- Increase your speed – IIFT 2020 required high speed for solving the questions. As the duration of the exam is less. Working precisely along with speed is required.
- Make notes – Write down the formula and techniques used to solve the quantitative aptitude part.
- Keep your mind positive and eat healthily – A positive mind can achieve the best in the world. So candidates must be in a good state of mind while preparing for the IIFT 2020. Also, focus on your diet and sleep.
- Manage your time well – When we work according to the time table, things go in the right way. For the preparation of IIFT 2020.
Also, try to solve the question of each section in the given time only as given below:
General Awareness strategy and preparation tips for IIFT 2020
To prepare this section, the Candidate must be aware of current affairs, business trends, international affairs, etc.
Apply the following tips as it will help you to do well in this section.
- Read the newspaper, Business Magazines, books regarding General Awareness daily.
- Install a few apps like Twitter, inshorts, google news in your Mobile Phone for easy reading.
- Give 10-15 minutes to this section for answering the question.
- Analyze the previous question papers for IIFT and identify the most asked topic.
- Watch the news as much as you can.
- Set your timer and give the mock tests for this section.
English Usage & Reading Comprehension strategy and preparation tips for IIFT 2020
For the preparation of this section, Candidates must focus on their English proficiency. As the reading comprehensions are really lengthy.
Following tips will help you to score well in this section:
- Solve the mock test and give 20-25 min to this section.
- As time is less, reading the passage line by line is not the Right Strategy
- Firstly, read the question asked carefully.
- While reading the comprehension, The strategy is to Skim the paragraph.
- Then search the keyword of the question in the paragraph.
- Skim the paragraph again and find the answer to be written.
- Also, practice jumble words, idioms, synonyms & antonyms as they are bit tricky.
- Work on vocabulary and grammar part.
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation strategy and preparation tips for IIFT 2020
For improving this section the strategy is to increase your speed as well as accuracy.
Therefore, follow the tips given below for scoring well in this section:
- Practice a verity of questions. Therefore, solve online mock test to achieve this
- For increasing the speed, Candidates must practice the question by setting the timer for each section.
- Data Interpretation requires an aptitudeinal approach and not an academic one.
- For Data Interpretation, In a circular Graph or Charts 100% =360 Degree.
- Practice calculation with large numbers without a calculator so that you are ready for any Aptitude test.
- Remember formulas and have a very good understanding of Percentages, Averages, Approx. Values and Ratios.
- As you get better with calculations, try calculating in your mind.
- Also, practice daily for scoring good in this section
Quantitative ability strategy and preparation tips for IIFT 2020
Candidates must follow the points given below for scoring well in this section:
- Categorize the Formulas to be used in this section.
- Make a separate note of them and stick it to the wall which catches your eye now and then.
- Increase your problem-solving speed by practicing through mock tests and previous years question papers.
- Focus on basic formulas and practice them daily.
Previous Year Question Papers to Prepare for IIFT 2020
For the preparation of IIFT 2020, Candidates must have a look at the previous years’ question paper and analyze it. Doing this will give you the idea of the question types, difficulty level, Tricky questions an much more. Therefore, Click on the link below for downloading the IIFT question papers.
|Exam||Download Question Paper|
|IIFT 2018 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2017 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2016 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2015 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2013 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2012 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2011 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2010 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2009 Exam||Click Here to Download|
|IIFT 2006 Exam||Click Here to Download|
IIFT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for IIFT must have the knowledge of the IIFT syllabus. This exam has 4 sections. Therefore the topic wise syllabus is given below in the table, candidates must have a look.
|Logical Ability||Comparisons |
Analysis Input & Output
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graph|
|Quantitative Ability||Number System |
Permutation & Combination
|English Language||Grammar |
Best Books For IIFT 2020
For the preparation of the IIFT entrance exam, the candidate must choose the right amount of books. Using multiple books can end up confusing you. The IIFT Exam has the following sections: General Awareness, logical reasoning, data interpretation, Quantitative ability, English usage & reading comprehension. Some books are given below for reference.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh Kumar||Click Here|
|IIFT 2019||Gautam Puri||Click Here|
|IIFT Solved Paper and Mock test||Arihant Experts||Click Here|
|50 plus solved papers MBA entrance||Ajay Singh and T.K. Sinha||Click Here|
|Wiley’s Exam Xpert IIFT|
(Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)
|Exam Xpert||Click Here|
IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
The IIFT MBA (IB) entrance test consists of Multiple choice questions (MCQs). It is a written exam, where candiadtes need to marks the answers in the OMR sheet. Also, the candidates have 120 minutes to complete the IIFT entrance test. Therefore, candiadtes are advised to increase their speed for solving the questions. Manage to consume the following time for each section:
|Section name||Total Ques.||Total marks|
Note: The no. of questions are subjected to change.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India. It is an autonomous organization to help professionalize the country’s foreign trade management. It also increases exports by developing human resources, analyzing and advertising data and conducting research. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is the institute that offers admissions in the MBA (IB). Therefore, Interested candidates can apply for the admissions through IIFT 2020 entrance exam. Therefore, the candidates who clear this exam are eligible for getting admission in the Programs offered by IIFT are Two-year MBA (IB), Three-year MBA (IB) Part-Time, Executive Masters (IB), Certificate Programme in Export Management.