All those who aspire to make it big in the world of business, face the first hurdle at academics level, i.e. how to get into the best institute offering the most sought-after MBA programme. KMAT Kerala is a state level entrance test which is held every year for admission in various Universities/ Departments and affiliated management colleges including the autonomous management colleges in Kerala. The next big question for the candidates is that how to prepare for KMAT Kerala 2019? Here we have given complete details on how to start your preparation for KMAT Kerala 2019. Read more about it from the article below.
KMAT Kerala 2019 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
The exam pattern for KMAT Kerala hasn’t been changed much and is expected to be same for the entrance test for the academic year 2019 as well. You can check the KMAT Kerala 2019 Exam Pattern below.
- Mode of the examination: Pen-paper based
- Duration of the exam: 03 hours or 180 minutes
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Number of questions: 180
There will be 04 sections in the question paper and distribution of question in each of these sections is as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language Usage and Reading Comprehension||50||200|
|Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning||40||160|
|General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario||40||160|
Marking Scheme for KMAT Kerala 2019
- For every correct answer, you will get +4 marks
- There shall be a negative marking of -1 marks for an incorrect answer
KMAT Kerala 2019 Important Topics
Here we have given the important topics which one should prepare well for the entrance test. Take a look below.
- HCF & LCM
- Ratios & Proportions
- Number system
- Profit & Loss
- Work & Time
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Geometric progression
- Percentages & Averages
- Quadratic equations
- Time, speed and Distance
- Theory of Equations
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation & Combination
- Mensuration of Areas and Volumes
- Maxima and Minima
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Height and Distance
VERBAL ABILITY AND READING COMPREHENSION
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Usage
- Fill in the Blanks
- Critical Reasoning
- Antonym and Synonym
- Para Jumbles
- Fact Inference Judgment
DATA SUFFICIENCY AND LOGICAL REASONING
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Combination of Graphs
- Venn Diagram
- Data Sufficiency
- Pie Chart
- Blood Relations
- Data Arrangement
Section Wise Preparation Plan For KMAT Kerala 2019
Now, that you know the exam pattern, its marking scheme and syllabus for the entrance test, the next thing which students worry is that how should they start their preparation. Here we have given a few preparation tips by which you can approach to prepare each section.
How To Approach Quantitative Aptitude Section
- The first and foremost preparation tips for this section is that you should rely heavily on the calculator. Keep practicing through shortcuts and tricks.
- The mock tests play a vital role in familiarizing the candidate with the exam pattern and making them comfortable in attempting the test. At first, you might still be struggling with your weakness, however, regular practice will go a long way in this. Hence, you should start attempting at least one sectional test every week.
How To Prepare For Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning Section
- This section is not like Quantitative Aptitude. Hence what matters here is practice and analysis and for that nothing’s better than mock tests.
- Speed in the calculation is crucial for DILR section, hence you should try increasing your speed with each mock test. Focus on mental calculations, also you use vedic mathematics, memorize all the root formulas, squares, cubes roots, percentage formulas etc.
- Time management is the key here. Dedicate a particular time slot to every section and take up a mock test. Make sure you finish the exam within the time frame you decided.
- Now, since there is a negative marking, it is not important to answer a maximum number of questions; it is important to answer maximum questions correctly. If you attempt less number of questions,
but with accuracy rather than attempting more number of questions incorrectly, you can still score fair marks in the exam.
How To Approach Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Section
- The best tips for Vocabulary is to approach it through etymology, which means, understanding root meanings. Knowing the meaning of a Latin root like ‘loqui’ will enable one to understand words like an eloquent, loquacious, soliloquy, etc. Add to your understanding of roots, the meanings of prefixes and suffixes and you will have considerable control over vocabulary.
- To solve the grammar based question, there are two types of approaches – one is the classical approach wherein you go by rules and learn the various parts of speech and their usages and the rules, whereas the other is that you practice the kind of questions that are asked in the entrance test, check the mistakes, practice that type of question and solve it again.
- For Reading Comprehension, all you have to do is Read, read and read. It could be simple fiction, newspapers, and blogs.
Books Recommended For KMAT Kerala 2019
Here we have given a list of the most recommended books which can further help you in your preparation:
|Name of the Book||Buy Here|
|KMAT – Karnataka Management Aptitude Test Paperback 2018 by Chandresh Agrawal||Click Here|
|Success guide PGCET/KMAT MBA||Click Here|
|PG cET MBA/ KMAT||Click Here|
|KMAT/KPGCET Karnataka Management Aptitude Test / Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test Success Master||Click Here|
|Cracking the MBA Admissions Interview and GD: The Ten-KMAT Approach||Click Here|
Previous Year Question Paper For KMAT Kerala
One of the key tips for preparing for any entrance exam is to solve previous year question papers. So, here you can download the previous year papers for KMAT Kerala.
|KMAT Kerala exam Year||Download Here Previous Year Paper|
|February 2019||Question Paper | Answer Key
(Note: Answer for Q. 66 is none of the above)
|February 2018||Click Here to download|
|April 2017||Click Here to download|
|November 2016||Click Here to download|
|April 2016||Click Here to download|
If you have any query or need any guidance about the KMAT Kerala 2019 Preparation, let us know in the comment section