How To Prepare For LUMET 2019? The Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET 2019) is a University level entrance test. It is always advised to the aspirants to start preparing for the test as early as possible. This is so that at the end you would have completed the syllabus and you do not have to leave out any important topics. To prepare for LUMET 2019, first, know about its exam pattern and its syllabus. Once you ate familiarised with the syllabus, you can easily strategize your preparation. There are few dos and don’ts which you should take care of while preparing for the entrance test. Here you will get complete guidance on how to prepare for LUMET 2019.
As explained above that you should first know about the exam pattern and syllabus for the entrance, hence let us take a look at it.
LUMET 2019 Exam Pattern
The LUMET is a pen-paper based test which will consist of 100 MCQ type questions. The entrance test will be of 90 minutes. The question paper will be divided into 05 sections – General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Numerical ability, Data interpretation, English Verbal Ability. Each question carries 04 marks and there shall be a negative marking too. Hence for an incorrect answer, 01 marks will be deducted.
The distribution of question in each of these sections is as follows:
|Name of the section||Number of questions|
LUMET 2019 Syllabus
For this entrance test, you need to prepare the following topics:
Syllabus For Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
The important topics to prepare for this section are as follows:
- Family Tree
- Visual Reasoning
- Numeric Grid
- Critical Reasoning
- Graphs representing Area
- Course of Action
- Pie Chart
- Statement Conclusions
- Strong Arguments and Weak
- Blood Relations
- Coding & Decoding
- Column Graphs
Syllabus For Numerical Ability
The important topics to study for this section is given below:
- Number systems
- Linear equations
- Quadratic equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and compound interties
- Ratio and proportion
- Work and time
- Permutation and combination
Syllabus For Verbal Ability
Topics to study for this section are given below:
- Sentence Completion
- Passage comprehension
- Language skills
- Passage-based questions
Syllabus For General Awareness
- Awards and winners
- Government and Politics
- Famous Personalities
- Current affairs
- Static GK
Click Here to know which books are best for LUMET Preparation 2019
Do’s and Don’ts For the Preparation
LUMET may not be a national level entrance test but it doesn’t mean that it is easy to crack. Once need to put the same amount of effort as for preparing for CAT, MAT, NMAT, etc. Here we have compiled a list of mistakes which candidates generally do while preparing for the entrance test.
Don’ts Of The Entrance Test Preparation
- Do not start off with the topics in which you are already good at. This is a common mistake which most of the students do. The preparation strategy differs from candidate to candidate. However, having a good amount of time for preparing, it is better to master the topics which you are not good at. The thing is that you are already confident about your stronger areas, however, you for sure tremble or try to avoid the topics in which you are not good at. But the exam conducting body does not play as per your rules and ensure that best capabilities of the candidate is measured through these entrance test.
- Another mistake which most of the students make is that they start solving the question without revising the concepts. This is a huge mistake on the part of the candidate. There is no point in moving forward if you do not know why the answer to a specific question was that.
- In the beginning, do not start solving tough questions. You are already uncomfortable with a creatin topic and then you start solving a HOTS type question of that topic, which is a huge mistake.
- While taking mock tests, most of the students just answer the questions, checks if it is correct or not and moves forward. A big NO for that. Always check your mistakes and ensure that you do not repeat it again. You cannot improve if you do not know the mistakes which you are making.
Do’s Of The Entrance Test Preparation
- The first 2-3 weeks keep for revising the basic concepts of the Numerical Ability. Grammar, etc. If your basics are strong, you can identify the problems better than anybody else and solve them easily.
- Make a timetable for yourself. It is hard to stay disciplined with the social media always distracting you. Do not make any complex study schedule, just ensure that enough time division is done on each topic and little breaks are also included. Follow the timetable which you have prepared for 3 weeks religiously and you will get used to it.
- Solve previous year question paper or sample papers as much as you can.
- Make notes of the important formula or the current affairs or the new word which you come across.
If you need any guidance on how to prepare for LUMET 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.