The current affairs section in SNAP is very important. It carries the weighage of 20% in the exam. So, a section that can be attempted in a maximum of 10 minutes can’t be taken lightly. The rest of the sections is prepared by all the candidates; So to stand out in the crowd start preparing for SNAP GK Now. The questions in this section cover current affairs only. This change has come into effect from last year. So, it is important that you prepare accordingly and have knowledge of current affairs(national & international level). Moreover, for SNAP 2018 you have to prepare for the last two years. Usually in other exams last 9-12 months GK is covered.
- Read 16 Dec Important Instructios and Last Minute Preparation Tips.
- Admit card for SNAP 2018 available. Download Now!
How to Prepare for SNAP GK
The preparation for GK can improve your chance in top symbiosis b-schools. Moreover, if you really know the answer then you can easily attempt the section within five minutes. So, there is no scope for the guesswork. Thus, it is advisable that you do not guess many answers to avoid negative marking. The difficulty of questions ranges from easy to moderate. Hence, if you continuously prepare for this section then you do not have put extra efforts a few days before the exam.
Key points for SNAP GK
- Direct questions from the popular topics.
- Focus on last 2 years current affairs.
- Covers events that made headlines in the last few months.
What are the Important Topics for SNAP GK?
There are some important topics from where questions are generally asked.
- Economy & Finance
- Corporate GK
- Science & Technology
- Famous Personalities
- Brand Ambassadors
- General Science
Must Read Topics for SNAP 2018
Hera are some topics that you must pay attention while reading the current affairs.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Recently takes place
- Major event in Economy and Finance
- New Products launched by famous companies
- Heads of International Organisations
- Awards and Honours
- Sports Events, for example, football, cricket, international games
- National and International Person in News
|Mergers and Acquisitions||New Products||Brand Ambassador|
|Elections||Major Projects||Visiting Dignitaries|
|Nobel Prize||Filmfares, Oscars||Important Days|
|Personalities in News||Wars||International Organisations|
|Major Agreements||MOU’s||Political Developments|
|Economy and Finance|
|RBI Rates||Current GDP or Forecast|
Sources to Prepare for SNAP GK
The key to crack this section is to read regularly. You do not be hard on yourself. Just read carefully as you can’t learn everything. So, just read a novel for a few minutes daily. Daily spare 30 minutes to read for current affairs. Moreover, read newspapers separately for one hour daily.
- Download monthly current affairs in the pdf format from online sources.
- Purchase yearbook to get the last year current affairs.
- Read Newspapers or spend 30 minutes on Google News.
- Gk Apps
- Symbiosis GK Prep series (releases few days before the exam)
Here is the GK prep series of yeat 2017 taken from the official website, Click Here to download the same.
How to Attempt GK section in SNAP?
While attempting questions in SNAp, that you start from a question and if you know the answer then mark it otherwise move forward.
- 100% Sure: If you are sure about an answer then mark it immediately.
- 50-50: In that case mark the answer and bookmark it. Then visit the answer later to give a thought again.
- Not at all sure: In that case, don’t think a lot and leave the question. If you left time in the last then you can think again if you have any idea about the topic.
If you have any doubts please ask in comments below.