Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) has announced the counseling schedule for HPCET MBA. The HPCET 2018 Result was announced on May 28, 2018. As per the official website, the candidates who have qualified the entrance test need to fill an online application form from June 06, 2018, onwards. Those who appeared for HPCET 2018 need not require to pay any fee, however, those who have applied for MBA programme on the basis of their National level test score, need to pay the registration fee. The candidates are offered admission in MBA programme on the basis of their National level test score such as CAT, MAT, GMAT, etc or HPCET 2018. Check here complete details about the counseling process for HPCET MBA 2018.
HPCET 2018 Result
The HPCET 2018 result will be provided by the University in the form of a scorecard. Candidates have to download the scorecard and appear for the counselling if qualified. Check the important dates related to HPCET 2018 result from the table below:
|HPCET 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|HPCET 2018 Exam Date||13 May 2018|
|Declaration fo HPCET MBA 2018 Result|
|Fill registration form for HPCET MBA Counselling||06 Jun 2018|
|Last date to fill the registration form||11 Jun 2018 (05:00 PM)|
|Last date to submit the hard copy fo the application form through email||12 Jun 2018 (05:00 PM)|
|Verification of Backward Area, Defence, and Sports certificates||14 Jun 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|Counseling on the basis of Valid Score of National Level Tests viz. CAT, CMAT, MAT etc.|
|For All Reserved and un-reserved Categories||16 Jul 2018 (09:00 AM)|
|Last date to report at the allotted Institute||18 Jul 2018 (05:00 PM)|
|Publication of vacant seats by the respective Colleges||19 Jul 2018 (05:00 PM)|
|Counseling on the basis of HPCET-2018|
|For all reserved categories||23 Jul 2018 (09:00 AM)|
|For unreserved category||24 Jul 2018 (09:00 AM)|
|Last date to report at the allotted Institute||26 Jul 2018 (05:00 PM)|
|Publication of vacant seats by the respective Colleges||27 Jul 2018 (05:00 PM)|
|On the Basis of Bachelor Degree Marks (if seats remain vacant)|
|For all categories: Having 50% and above marks for Unreserved Category and 45% and above Marks for Reserved Category in Bachelor Degree||27 Jul 2018 (09:00 AM)|
- Counselling Registration: Click Here to register for HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling – New!
- Login For Counselling: Click Here to register for HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling – New!
- Result: Click Here to check HPCET MBA 2018 Result
HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling
Now that the result has been announced, the qualifiers of the entrance test have to appear for the counseling. To appear for the HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling, the candidates first need to register online and pay the registration fee. The candidate must be physically present for the counseling and should immediately report to the Admission Selection Committee on calling. At the time of counseling, you need to bring along the necessary documents in proof of Date of birth, academic background, etc.
After the completion of all the formalities, a selection letter will be given to the candidates. The selected candidates have to report to the allotted institution for admission.
Application Fee For HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling
The applicants will have to pay the following fee if they have not appeared for HPCET MBA 2018:
|Applying basis||SC/ST/BPL Category||General Category|
|National Level Entrance Test||Rs. 1400||Rs. 1550|
|Qualifying Examination i.e. 10+2/Diploma/Bachelor Degree||Rs. 1400||Rs. 1550|
Mode of Payment: The applicants can pay the following fee by either of the following modes:
- Online Payment
How To Register for HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling?
Here we have mentioned the instructions as per which you can successfully reguster for HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling:
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the direct link which is given above for registering online.
- Next, the candidates need to enter details like your name, username, password, date of birth, email id and mobile number.
- Tick on the declaration and then click on “Create Account” button to submit the above details.
- Once you submit the details, you will get a registration number. Note it down and keep it safe as you will need it for future logins.
- If you want to continue filling the registration form, then click on login button, otherwise, you can exit it.
Step 2: Login
- Enter your username, password and Application Form Number.
- Click on “Login” button to submit the details, An online application form will appear.
- You will notice that the forms have been divided into five tabs i.e. Basic Detail, Upload Photo and Signature, Confirmation, Fee Payment & Payment Detail. After successful submission of each web page you can complete the application.
Step 3: Verify Email ID
- After that you logged in, you have to verify your email id by entering the OTP which has been sent to your registered email id.
- Click on verify OTP button to submit it.
- Next, the application form will be available on the screen.
Step 4: Fill in details in the application form
In the application form, you have to enter your basic details, educational qualification details etc. The details to be entered in the online application form is as follows:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mode of Admission
- Program Applied for
- Beti Hai Anmol, Kashmiri Migrants Quota under which applied etc
- Date of Birth
- Qualifying Examination
- Select the Admission Criteria
- Permanent Address
Step 5: Upload Photograph/ Signature
After entering all the details click on “Save & Continue button” and proceed to next step of the application process. The next step includes uploading the following images as per specification given in the table below.
|Images to upload||Format||File Size|
|Candidate’s photo||.JPEG/.JPG||less than 30 kb|
|Candidate’s Signature||.JPEG/.JPG||less than 30 kb|
|Parents/ Guardian Signature||.JPEG/.JPG||less than 30 kb|
Step 6: Confirmation
Thereafter, a filled Application Form under the “Confirmation” button will appear. At the bottom of the Application Form, two options are given i.e. “Edit” and “Final Submit”. In case, you need to make a correction in data displayed on the confirmation page, click on the “Edit” button. Otherwise, click on “Final Submit” button. Remember that on final submission, the entries made by the candidate will be locked and no changes/alteration can be made
Step 6: Pay the Registration Fee
- On clicking on “Final Submit” button, next you have to pay the registration fee.
- On the fee payment page, click on the button for “Click Here to get Payment Link”.
- You will get two options to pay the registration fee, choose any one of them.
- On successful fee payment, a PDF of the application form along with declaration will be generated. You must take a print out of the PDF Application Form and send the scanned application form (PDF) either through the post to the Registrar, H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur 177001 (H.P.) or e-mail at [email protected] as per the dates mentioned above.
What Are The Documents To carry For The HPCET MBA 2018 Counselling?
The candidate has to bring along the following documents, in original, along with one set of photocopies duly attested at the time of Counselling:
- Certificate of having passed the qualifying examination
- Marks-sheet issued by the Board/University
- A University fee of Rs.3,000/- is to be paid at the time of counseling. TehUniverusty is to be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, H.P. Technical University payable at Hamirpur or through POS (Point of Sales) Machine (without any extra charge) using Debit/Credit Card of any bank on the spot.
- Matriculation/Higher Secondary Part-I/Indian School Certificates showing the date of birth
- National Level Entrance Examination/ HPCET 2018 Score Card
- Character Certificate from the Head of Institution last attended
- Bonafide/ Domicile Certificate issued by the concerned Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Executive Magistrate, if applicable
- Reserved Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- Physically Challenged Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applied under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
- An undertaking/affidavit attested by the Executive Magistrate if applied under Beti Hai Anmol Scheme
- Kashmiri Migrants and domicile certificate issued by Competent Authority, if applied under Supernumerary Kashmiri Migrant Quota
- In case an intervening period/gap is involved, a certificate/affidavit issued by a Class-I Gazetted Officer/ Notary Public shall be required for the entire intervening period/gap showing candidate’s preoccupation after leaving the Institution last attended.
HPCET MBA 2018 Cut Off
The minimum cut off marks to get admission to MBA degree course on the basis of National, HPCET–2018 and Bachelor degree level examinations shall be as follows:
|Name of the exam||Cut Off marks for General Category||Cut Off marks for Reserved Categories|
|CAT, MAT, CMAT, etc||10%||05%|
HIMTU MBA 2018 Seat Details
The number seats available in different affiliated Institutions for admission in MBA programme for the academic session 2018-19 is as follows:
|Name of the Institute||Number of seats|
|Gautam Institute of Management & Technology||120|
|Govt. Post Graduate College||60|
|Govt. Post Graduate College||60|
|K.C. Group of Research and Professional Institute||60|
|K.L.B. D.A.V. Girls College for Management Palampur, Distt||60|
|HPTU Business School, Rajiv Gandhi Govt. Engineering College||40|
|Bells Institute of Management & Technology||60|
|Himalayan Institute of Management||60|
|L.R. Institute of Management||60|
Tie Breaker Criteria in HPCET MBA 2018
In case there is a tie between two or more candidates, following method is being adopted by Himal Pradesh Technical University:
- The candidate with higher marks in Section A, i.e., Verbal Ability section is places higher in the merit list.
- If there is still a tie, marks in Quantitative Ability are considered to break the tie.
- Anyhow, the tie is still not resolved the higher marks obtained by a candidate in Data Interpretation & Reasoning are considered to find the name of a candidate with higher rank.
- Finally, if the tie still persists, then the age of the candidate is taken into consideration.
How to Download HPCET 2018 Result?
The applicants who appeared for the entrance test can check their result for HPCET 2018 MBA by simply following the instructions as given below.
- Click on the direct link which is given on this page to check the HPCET MBA 2018 Result.
- Enter login details such as HPCET Roll Number or your name.
- Submit it by clicking on “Find Results”.
- On finally submitting these details, your result will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a print out of it for future reference.
Details in HPCET 2018 Result
The Result for HPCET 2018 MBA will consist of the following details:
- Your name
- Father’s name
- Roll number
- Course applied
- Branch applied
- Marks obtained in each section of the paper
- Total marks obtained by you
Few candidates might see the status of HPCET 2018 result as RL (Result Late). In such case, you have to submit the proof of subjects that you have studied in class 10+2. To submit the copy of proof, you can either visit the University and then submit it or send a mail to the Controller of Examination (COE).
HPCET MBA 2018 Merit List
After the declaration of HPCET 2018 Result, HPTU is going to prepare a merit list which will contain the name of applicants who have appeared in the exam. The University prepares the merit list by considering the marks or rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination. The candidates whose name appears in the merit list need to appear for the counseling round and seat allotment. The University will publish the schedule for counseling later.
HPCET MBA 2018 Admission Brochure Part II – Click Here to download the admission brochure
If you have any query about the HPCET MBA 2018 Result, let us know in the comment section below.