One of the basic steps for preparing for an entrance exam is to know the exam pattern and its syllabus. The HPCET MBA 2019 Syllabus will consist of important topics from sections, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Reasoning, General Knowledge and Business Awareness. The candidates must do their preparation as per the syllabus prescribed by the University. It is advised to the candidates to note down the syllabus on a paper and paste it somewhere in front of you. So, everytime you finish a topic, you can tick it off from the list.
HPCET MBA is a University level entrance exam which is conducted by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). It is an offline, pen-paper based test which is held every year for admission in MBA programmes at HPTU and its affiliated colleges.
You can check complete syllabus and other related information for preparing for HPCET MBA 2019 from this page.
HPCET MBA 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for HPCET MBA 2019 is given below. The candidates can start their preparation for the exam as per the important topics in each section.
Important Topics in Verbal Ability
- English Usage or Grammar
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Close Passage
- Analogies or Reverse Analogies
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Meaning-Usage Match
- Summary Questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Facts/Inferences/ Judgements
- Reading Comprehension
Important Topics in Quantitative Ability
- Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc.)
- Ratios and Proportion
- Inequations Quadratic and linear equations
- Profit & Loss Averages
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Work and time
- Number system
- HCF & LCM
- Geometric Progression
- Arithmetic progression
- Arithmetic mean
- Geometric mean
- Harmonic mean
- Number Base System
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Set Theory
- Venn diagram
- Installment Payments
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Expansion
- Co-ordinate geometry
Important Topics in Business Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Top officials of big companies
- Punch line of companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- International organizations
- Important quotations
- Social issues
Books For HPCET MBA 2019 Preparation
The next step for the preparation is to study from the best books. Though here we have given a list of books which can actually help you boost up your performance and preparation, however, you can also ask your teachers to guide you to choose the best study materials for HPCET MBA Preparation. The books given below are as per CAT exam. So, those who wish to appear for CAT and HPCET can refer to these books:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare For Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission Into IIMs||Sarvesh K Verma||Arihant||Click Here|
|Quantitative aptitude for all competitive examinations||Abhijit Gupta||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CA||Nishit K Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr R S Aggarwal||S Chand||Click Here|
|Manorama Year Book||Malayalam Manorama||Click Here|
Preparation Tips For HPCET MBA 2019
We have provided few tips which can further help you in your preparation below:
- For preparing for an entrance exam, it is essential that you should start your preparation soon. Starting your exam preparation well in advance will not only give you ample time to prepare but it will also leave you a lot of time for revision as well.
- It is advised to just focus on the exam and take some time off from social media as it is a big distraction. You can get back to all these distractions once you’re done giving your entrance exam.
- Also, to be regular with your studies you can make a time table. The timetable should consist of both short-term and long-term goals which can further help you prepare for the exam earlier than expected. A good timetable not only makes you more disciplined but also helps you get rid of all the distractions.
- While studying for HPCET MBA 2019, you should study the core material of your syllabus only. If you are struggling with the unfinished syllabus, concentrate on the core material of the different subjects. Also, you should have an idea about the question pattern of the last few years so that you can prepare well for your exam.
If you have any query regarding the HPCET MBA 2019 Syllabus, let us know in the comment section below.