IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 – It is a common entrance examination for distance education in MBA. The exams will conduct in two sessions. First, in the month of August and second in the month of February. In the exam, there are code numbers which change from year to year. So, this year August 2018 session is known as OPENMAT XLIV. Similarly, February 2019 session is known as OPENMAT XLV. The application is expected to release in the first week of June for the upcoming OPENMAT XLIV session. So, don’t miss the deadlines and bookmark this page to have direct access to any latest updates by IGNOU.
So, entrants who are interested in distance MBA can apply for admission IGNOU MBA. The management course consists of four semesters to be completed in the minimum time period of 2 years. For the admissions, candidates first have to fill the application form and appear for the entrance test as a next step. Check the eligibility, syllabus and exam pattern first before starting preparation for the entrance test. For more information about the application form, admit card, preparation, result etc read the article below.
About IGNOU: Indira Gandhi National Open University is a distance and open learning University. It offers various certificates, degrees and diploma courses. The programmes focus on improvement of skills and diversification of Knowledge. The students enrolled here are given a counseling center where they have to coordinate until the completion of their course. The university has a credit system where each amounts to 30 hours of learning materials.
IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Entrance Exam 2019
The IGNOU OPENMAT exam is an offline examination. All the application form for the exam needs to be submitted via posts only. Though candidates can download the application form online. Moreover, ensure extra care that the application form reaches in time to the university. Check the tentative schedule of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 below.
|Event||OPENMAT XLIV||OPENMAT XLV|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||3rd week of July 2018||3rd week of December 2018|
|Examination Date||3rd week of August 2018||1st week of February 2019|
|Last Date to fill Admission Form 2||4th week of December 2018||4th week of June 2019|
|4th week of May 2019||4th week of November 2019|
Look at the detailed information in the quick links below.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility IGNOU MBA admission 2019. Check carefully before filling the application form.
- A Bachelor degree of no less than three years.
- Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accountancy or Company Secretaryship can also apply.
- Minimum 45% score in graduation for reserved category and 50% score for the rest.
- Candidate must have qualified OPENMAT with minimum cutoff scores.
- There is No age limit for this examination.
- Valid student Visa for foreign applicants
Exceptions to eligibility criteria
- The university also accepts degrees of 2-year duration obtained from a recognized university. The other necessary condition is it should be completed before 1988-89 and must have one-year bridge course certificate.
- Candidates who have completed their first degree courses before June 4, 1986, will treat as equal to candidates having 3-year course degrees.
- If someone has a one sitting B.A. degree from Osmania University, then the candidate must have enrolled before 1995-96 and completed the same before 1998-99. Apart from that applicant
should have a gap of two years after +2.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Application Form
For the consideration of candidature for IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, candidates first have to fill the Application Form. In the application form, you have to fill your detailed personal, contact, address, qualification and work experience information. After filling the application form, send the same to the Registrar student evaluation division. For more details how to fill the application form, Click Here.
The application forms are available both offline and online. For offline, a candidate has to purchase the prospectus from the university first. After that, send the completely filled form without any attached documents in the same package. For online, a candidate has to download the form online and then send the same with an attached demand draft of Rs 1050/- to the university. Click Here to view the sample Application Form.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Admit Card
IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card is usually released within two to three after successful submission of application form. For OPENMAT XLIV and XLV, the admit card will release in the month of July 2018 and December 2019 respectively. The hall ticket is an important document to carry on the examination to prove your identity. Furthermore, it also has its uses in the further process of selection. Therefore, it is essential for the qualified candidates to send the hard copy of original admit card along with the other documents.
The process to download the admit card is quite simple. You just have to enter your enrollment number to download the same. So, Keep your roll number safe until the completion of admission process. The same is sent by the university through post also. Any updates regarding the hall tickets or admit cards will available on the official website of IGNOU only.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of IGNOU is similar to any common entrance test. It consists of four sections which will test your aptitude and your command in the language. Thus, for the exam assess the candidate on the basis of his/her general awareness, reasoning, English language and quantitative aptitude.
The entrance exam is an offline examination and answers have to be marked on given OMR Sheet only. Candidates should use only HB Pencil to mark the answers on the test booklet. Most importantly, if you are unable to solve any question in the exam, then just leave that for some time and move towards the next question.
Duration: The total time of the test is 180 Minutes.
Number of questions: The total number of questions in the test is 200.
Marking Scheme: Each question carries one march each.
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this examination
Maximum Marks: Test will have maximum marks of 200.
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus
Since there are four sections in the paper. Each has different topics under it and you have to prepare atleast the topis below. Though topics are under the sky, still most of the questions over the years cover the areas mentioned here.
- Current AffairsIndia: Constitution, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Organisations, History, Geography, Economy, Politics, States.
- World: Countries, Organisations, Leaders, World Economy, Summits.
- Science: Physics, Biology, Chemistry basic concepts, and application.
- Industry: Statistics, CEO etc
- Trade: Export, Import, balance of trade etc.
- Assertion and reasons
- Cause and Effect
- Coding and decoding
- Critical reasoning
- Family tree
- Statements and assumptions
- Statements and conclusions
- Symbol Based problems
- Visual reasoning etc.
- Ratios and Proportions
- LCM, HCF
- Permutations, combinations,
- Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression
- Geometry, Number Systems, Trigonometry etc.
- Reading and Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Antonyms etc.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Since in OPENMAT there is no negative marking, there are high chances to clear it as compared to other exams like CAT, NMAT etc. Still, you have to prepare well as you have to compete with other students going to take the entrance test. For your better preparation, here are some preparation tips for your better exam strategy. Above all, you need to score atleast 120-140 score to crack OPENMAT.
- For general awareness section, read newspapers like The Hindu, Indian Express etc they have good quality articles and other interesting news.
- Refer any online site as they good monthly current affairs pdf, you can revise them any time.
- Make notes any news like awards, latest events etc.
- For static GK, Give test regularly or refer any good book like Lucent.
Reasoning/ Quantitative Ability
- For this section, refer online tests and youtube videos and search for different ways to attempt the question and then check what is easiest for you.
- You can also refer CAT, CMAT books as they have very rich content that can help you crack OPENMAT easily.
- For verbal ability, take a reference from books like S.P. Bakshi etc.
- For comprehension, improve your reading by going through different types of articles. Read pieces from politics, philosophy, economics, science, industry, commerce etc.
- For Grammar, give a test daily. Even more, read exceptions in grammar as most of the questions comes from here only.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Selection Process
The selection process is very straightforward. Most importantly, you have to clear the offline OPENMAT entrance examination. After the results announcement, the qualified candidates have to fill the admission form 2 to take admission in MBA programme. So, prepare for the exam well to qualify yourself for the programme.
The IGNOU OPENMAT Result generally release in the month of December and June for XLIV and XLV respectively. So, wait at least for six to seven weeks for results to announce. The procedure to download the result online is simple, you just have to enter the “Enrollment number” on the result link of official website. After qualifying the OPENMAT, fill Admission Form 2 to confirm your admission for the new academic session of MBA programme.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Course Details
When you will enroll yourself in the programme, you will have four semesters to complete in the minimum of two years. After the completion, you will have a degree in one of specialization mentioned below.
Overall, Candidates have to choose courses for each semester and specialization in the third semester of the programme. The surmise version is given below.
|1||Any five courses from MS-1 to MS-11 excluding MS-10|
|2||Rest of five courses|
|3||MS-10, MS-95, two specialization courses of your choice and MS-100|
|4||MS-91, three specialization courses from specialization stream opted in Semester-III and anyone elective course out of MS-92,93,94,96,97.|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Reservation
The University provides reservation of seats for candidates as per the Government of India rules, for
admission to its various programmes. Hence, candidates who will have the reservation are
- Scheduled Castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- Non-creamy layer of OBC
- War Widows
- Kashmiri Migrants
- Physically Handicapped
IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 Fee Structure
Candidates will have to send the fees Rs 1500/- per course in the form of Demand Draft. Finally, this DD should be attached with Application Form 2 and other relevant documents.
|Course Name||Course Code||Minimum Duration||Fee Structure|
|Master Of Business Administration||MP||2||Rs 1500/- Per Course|
Insofar, details of IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 is according to the last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IGNOU OPENMAT 2019 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
For more information regarding IGNOU OPENMAT, Download Brochure.