IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 schedule. All the candidates can apply online at ntaignou.nic.in. The entrance exam for IGNOU MBA (OPENMAT) is going to be held on 29th April 2020. IGNOU OPENMAT is a university level test which was earlier conducted by IGNOU. However, it is now being conducted by NTA in online mode. The candidates are offered admission to MBA on the basis of their performance in the OPENMAT 2020 and document verification. Check more details on IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 from this page.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020
In the last year, it was 44 and 45 and this year it is IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI (46) and OPENMAT XLVII (47). However, now that NTA is conducting the test, it is not sure whether OPENMAT will be held twice or not. Check the schedule for NTA IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 from the table below.
|IGNOU OPENMAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Application Form Availability||31 Jan 2020|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||29 Feb 2020|
|Issuance IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card||01 April 2020|
|IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam date||29 April 2020|
|Declaration of Result||10 May 2020|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for IGNOUMBA2020 must look at the exam pattern. The paper is a computer-based test. The paper consists of 200 questions of 1 mark each. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. The maximum duration of the paper is 180 minutes or three hours.
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
The OPENMAT 2020 syllabus is divided into four parts. Candidates have to prepare equally for all the sections to get a good score in the exam. Some of the important topics are as follows.
- Current Affairs – Important Days of the Year, Awards, Sports, Abbreviations and Full Forms, etc.
- India: Constitution, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Organisations, History, Geography, Economy, Politics, States.
- Industry: Statistics, CEO, etc
- World: Countries, Organisations, Leaders, World Economy, Summits.
- Science: Physics, Biology, Chemistry basic concepts, and application.
- Trade: Export, Import, the balance of trade, etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Fill in the Blanks based on word Meanings
- Relation pair of words
- Sentence Correction
- Profit and Loss
- Basic Geometry
- Ratio and Proportions
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Quadratic Equations
- Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Assertion and reasons
- Cause and Effect
- Coding and decoding
- Critical reasoning
- Family tree
- Statements and assumptions
- Statements and conclusions
- Symbol Based problems
- Visual reasoning
- Pie Charts
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Sample Paper
For better preparation, students can solve this sample or mock paper available by IGNOU.
Sample Paper – Click Here to download!
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates after checking the syllabus and exam pattern can start learning the topics. Importantly, keep attempting sectional and full-length mock tests.
- For this section, start reading newspapers. Read political, national, sports news, etc.
- Make notes of the important events to revise them before the exam.
- For static GK, buy a book and read it in small sections every day.
- For better learning, watch news, videos. It will increase your GK a lot.
- For reading comprehension, try to increase the grasp of the passage. It develops with continuous reading and practice.
- As you read a lot, you will come across lots of words. So, search for their meaning, synonyms, and antonyms. If required, keep writing them in a separate notebook.
- For Idioms, take any book having a collection of different types of idioms.
- Read the grammar rules and practice them as much as possible.
Quantitative Ability and Reasoning
- This section can be aced with regular practice only. So, learn the concept and practice at least 50 questions related to it.
- Write formulas and tricks at one place to revise them whenever necessary.
MBA Courses Available at IGNOU
Finally, qualified candidates can pursue these courses at the university. Overall, the course has four semesters. The first two semesters are common and you have to choose subjects according to you. In the third semester, you have to choose a specialization. There is also a project in the second year.
Admission to IGNOU Without OPENMAT
Candidates can also pursue higher education from IGNOU via direct entry. There is no need to appear for the OPENMAT exam. Such candidates can pursue a PG diploma program without clearing OPENMAT. Click Here for More details.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Form
The registration form for OPENMAT releases online on 31 Jan 2020. In order to apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020, candidates must complete the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Process which includes:
- Filling Registration form
- Filling Application form
- Uploading Documents
- Making Payment of Application form
In the first step, Candiadtes need to fill the basic details in the registration form and set the Password. After filling the Registration Form, candidates will receive the Application number. Thereafter, fill the application form by entering Personal, contact, Academic, Professional details. The next step is to upload the scanned copy of the candidate’s photograph and signature. the format of the image must be in JPG format. Lastly, make the payment of Rs 600 via Credit card/debit card/net-banking.
Note: Candidates are advised to take the printout of the IGNOU OPENAMT 2020 Application form.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria that are required to qualify for the exam.
- A candidate must have a graduate degree of 3 years minimum.
- You must have at least 50% in the qualifying examination. There is a relaxation of 5% for reserved category.
- There is no age bar.
- Candidates must qualify IGNOU OPENMAT 2020.
Exceptional Criteria for Admission
- Two year Degree – Candidates with the first degree of two years completed until 1998-99 are eligible. Though such students must also have at least a 1-year bridge program.
- First Degree before 1986 – Candidates having a first degree before June 04, 1986 are eligible to apply without the need for a bridge program.
- 1 Sitting B.A degree – Aspirants who have this degree of Osmania University, Kakatiya University, Andhra University, Kurukshetra University, etc. Though you must be registered in this program up to the year 1995-96 and completed it until 1998-99. Also, must have a gap of two years after +2.
- Off-Campus Degree – Candidates having a degree from Off Campus’ Study Centre/Learning Centre of Private Universities are not eligible for admission.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card
NTA will publish the IGNOU OPENMAt 2020 Admit Card on 1st April 2020 at ntaignou.nic.in. You can download it using the date of birth and roll number or control number. Candidates must reach their allocated center on the exam day. Candidates must avail admit card online only, there is no provision to get it by post.On the exam day, candidates have to carry admit card, 1 photograph, identity proof, ballpoint pen, and HB pencil. Selected students need to show the hall ticket during the final admission. So, keep the admit card safe until the admission process is over.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Result
THE IGNOU OPENMAT Result shall be declared by the NTA on the 10th May 2020. It releases at the official website and can be downloaded using the Application number. In the scorecard, candidates can check if they have qualified the exam or not. Selected students have to report at the IGNOU regional centers for the document verification process. In case, there are any documents missing or not valid, then the admission of a student can be canceled.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure as per last year information brochure is as follows. You have to pay fees via demand draft along with Admission Form 2.
|Course Name||Fee Structure|
|Master of Business Administration|
|Rs 1500/- Per Course|
Official Website: ntaignou.nic.in
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 official information is available, check here.
For any feedbacks or doubts, please write to us in the comment section below.