IIFT 2018 exam is conducted for IIFT MBA IB admission 2019-21. Get here details and latest news on IIFT 2018 exam date, registration, paper pattern, preparation. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade was established in the year 1963 and today it ranks among top management schools in India. It offers MBA (International Business) program at Delhi and Kolkata campuses for which it holds IIFT 2018 exam.
Latest: IIFT Exam for 2019 Admission – Click Here
Things that make IIFT 2018 different from CAT 2018 exam are: It is a pen and paper-based test and it has a separate section for GK. The difficulty level is almost at par with CAT, however, DI is calculation intensive, QA is also tougher, VA and LR are easier.
The official name of this exam is IIFT 2019. However, since the registration, admit card, exam takes place in the year 2018, most aspirants refer to it as IIFT 2018. To avoid confusion for you we have referred it to IIFT 2018 exam. Please note that all references of IIFT 2018, IIFT 2019, IIFT MBA IB 2018, IIFT MBA IB 2019 mean the same exam that is the IIFT entrance exam being held in the year 2018 for admission 2019-21.
IIFT Exam Date 2018
The exam date of IIFT 2018 exam is expected to be either in the month of November or December. Last year the exam was initially scheduled to be held on November 26, but since that was also the CAT exam date, therefore, exam was re-scheduled to December 3. In the year before that, IIFT entrance exam was held on November 26. A year before that, the date of exam was November 22. So we can see that the general trend is that IIFT MBA IB entrance exam date is usually in the last week of November.
Expected important dates of IIFT 2018 are as follows.
|Commencement of Application Form||July 2018|
|Last Date to Apply||September 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||November 2018|
|IIFT 2018 Exam Date||Last week of November 2018|
|Result Declaration of IIFT 2018||December 2018|
|Writing Skill Test, GD, PI||January 2019|
Differences between CAT and IIFT
The major differences between CAT and IIFT are:
Number of sections, marking scheme and mode of exam are the evident ones.
Coming to test areas, the IIFT has a section on “General awareness”, albeit a small one, which is absent from the CAT.
When it comes to preparation you can carry forwards your CAT exam preparation and add the following things to be well prepared for IIFT 2018:
- Practice actual IIFT question papers of previous years.
- Study general awareness – static GK as well as news.
The selection process of IIFT 2018 is very simple.
The process of IIFT 2018 exam will start by filling up the application form. After registration, you have to go for the written exam. The exam will be a multiple choice paper.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will shortlist candidates on the basis of performance in the written test as per the qualifying criteria. Then if you are shortlisted you will go for the essay writing skill test. After the writing skill test, you will go for the group discussion and personal interview.
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2018
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates.
Education Qualification: The candidates must have 3 years’ Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
IIFT 2018 Registration
IIFT 2018 registration will be available when the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will make an official announcement. The vital pieces of information related to IIFT 2018 application form can be seen from below.
Application Fee: The Application Fee for IIFT 2018 will be different for the candidates with the different category. The application fee can be checked from the given points.
- For the General/OBC Category: Rs. 1550 /-
- For the SC/ST/PH Category: Rs. 775 /-
- For the Foreign National / NRI Category: US$ 80/-
Mode of Payment: The candidates can make the payment online as well as offline by the Demand Draft. The modes of payment for IIFT 2018 can be described as:
- Online Payment: The candidates can make the payment of the application form with the help of Devit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. The candidates are not required to send the printout of the record.
- Demand Draft: The candidates can also make the payment by demand draft. While sending the DD the candidates must send the printout of application form within 10 days from the date of online registration. The candidates must write their name and application number on the backside of DD.
IIFT Application Form 2018
The candidates have to follow these instructions at the time of filling up the application form.
- First, click on the application link.
- After clicking on the link, the candidate will get the three links as for General candidates, For SC/ST/PWD/OBC candidates and For Foreign national / NRI candidates.
- The candidate will have to click on the correct category link.
- Then the candidate will get a page with some instructions. The candidate will have to read the instructions carefully.
- Click apply now link provided at the left corner.
- Fill up the pieces of information asked on the application form.
- Upload the documents.
- Pay the application fee as directed.
- Click on “Submit” button.
IIFT 2018 Entrance exam is very important for the candidates who are seeking the chance to get admission in MBA. The entrance exam will contain some specific topics. The topics which will be asked in the entrance exams are as follows:
- Logical Ability: In the logical ability sections, the logical reasoning questions will be asked. as per the previous year, this section could be difficult.
- Quantitative Ability: In this section, the candidates can get the topics like number series, profit, and loss, averages and Mixtures etc.
- Verbal Ability: In this section, the candidates can the questions related to English Grammer, Vocabulary, English Comprehension.
- General Awareness: This section will contain the questions related to the general knowledge and current affairs. The candidates are advised to read the newspapers and G.K. books for the better preparation.
IIFT Exam Pattern
It is a pen and paper based test. IIFT 2018 examination will include around 123 questions of around 100 marks. The language of the exam will be English. There will be multiple choice questions. The time limit to do the questions will be 120 minutes. The detailed information related to the exam pattern is given below.
Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions
Mode of Exam: Written Exam
Total Questions: around 123
Time Duration: 120 minutes
|Section number||Section name||Total questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
|Section 1||General awareness||25||0.5||12.5|
|Section 2 – Part 1||Reading comprehension||16||1||16|
|Section 2 – Part 2||English usage||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Quantitative ability||20||1||20|
|Section 4 – Part 1||Logical reasoning||22||0.75||16.5|
|Section 4 – Part 2||Data interpretation||20||1||20|
Books that will be best for IIFT preparation
IIFT is considered as one of the most prestigious B-schools in India. Thousands of students appear every year for the entrance exam. But only a few applicants are shortlisted for GD and PI rounds. Owing to its difficulty level and with the motto to help you, we have prepared a list of best books for IIFT exam. You can consider these book while preparing for IIFT 2019 and score good marks in the exam. The books have been shortlisted according to the sections. Let’s have a look at the list of most recommended books for IIFT 2019:
Books for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Book||Author/ Publisher||Buy From Amazon|
|Koncepts of LR- Logical Reasoning for CAT, XAT, IIFT, MAT, NMAT & other MBA exams||Gajendra Kumar||Buy Here|
|Data Interpretation: Practice Book for the CAT and Other MBA Entrance Examinations||Nishit K. Sinha||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
|Book||Author/ Publisher||Buy From Amazon|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma||Buy Here|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K Verma||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques and Shortcut Methods||Guha Abhijit||Buy Here|
Books for Verbal Ability
|Book||Author/ Publisher||Buy From Amazon|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
|A Communicative Grammar of English||Geoffrey Leech||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma||Buy Here|
|30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary||Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
Books for General Knowledge
- Read about sports events like Asian Games, Olympics, Commonwealth Games and other famous sports like Football, Chess, Cricket and much more.
- Keep an eye on both national and international political affairs
- Know about economy related activities such as FII, FDI, Stock Market, etc.
Above we have mentioned major books to start preparing for IIFT 2019. However, it is advisable to clear basic concepts before finally starting with the above mentioned books. Below you can find the list of some good books to for building your foundation:
- NCERT Books of 8th, 9th, 10th class.
- IIFT Mock Tests prepared by IIFT Institutes
- IIFT Study Packages by Arihant Publications
- Cracking MBA/MAT for MAT, FMS, XLRI, IIFT by Prof. Jagdeep I. Vaishnav
- Study Package for IIFT Entrance Exams by Dharmendra Mittal
How to Prepare for IIFT 2018?
IIFT is considered as one of the toughest examinations for admission to MBA programmes. If you are preparing for the exam, ensure that you make strategies and act accordingly. Start by making a study time table and follow it strictly. While preparing for the exam do not forget to practice previous year papers as it is going to help you understand exam pattern and you will get an idea of the level of the exam.
Remember, IIFT 2018 will test your speed and accuracy. You will have only 2 hours to attempt the paper. Therefore, it is necessary to learn the concepts and tricks to solve the questions. One of the key factor for preparation of IIFT is time management. You need to learn how to attempt the questions in minimum time. Identify your strengths and polish your skills.
You should prepare for the exam by splitting the syllabus into 3 parts for Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. Keeping yourself updated with current affairs should be a part of your daily routine and this will prepare you for General Knowledge section.
Apart from preparation, you must keep a check on your health. Take adequate sleep and eat healthy food. This is going to keep you fit and focused. Ensuring that there are no roadblocks on your way to scoring good marks in IIFT 2019.
IIFT 2018 Admit Card
The IIFT admit card will be issued after the application process will be over. You need to download the admit card from the official website iift.edu. The link to download the admit card will also be provided on this page. The candidates must carry the admit card at the time of going for the examination. The IIFT admit card 2018 will work as the identity proof for the candidates as it will contain all the important information related to the candidate and the exam. If the candidate will not bring the admit card on the examination hall then the candidate will not be allowed to give the examination.
Centres of IIFT Exam
- The centres for the written test are expected to be Ahmedabad, Banglore, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkatta, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam.
- The centres for the GD and PI are expected to be Banglore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, Lucknow, Mumbai.
IIFT 2018 Key
The IIFT answer key will be released as per the scheduled date. After the examination process, you will get the IIFT 2018 key. It helps in cross-checking the answers. After cross-checking the answers, you can get the idea about the answers and also predict rank.
IIFT 2018 Result
The IIFT 2018 Result will be available a few weeks after the examination process will be over. First, result for the written test will be issued. After that the result of writing ability, GD, PI will be released.
Seats in IIFT
There are 220 seats for MBA IB programme in IIFT Delhi, and 140 seats in IIFT Kolkata.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is a coveted institute. It has several accolades:
- It was ranked “A Grade” by the NAAC with CGPA score of 3.53.
- IIFT is also ranked as Super League 1 in Business Standard’s best B-school rankings.
- The highest B-school rating by Business and Management Chronicle ranked IIFT with ‘A+++’.
- The GHRDC – CSR B-school survey also crowns IIFT as rank 2.
- The Business World Survey ranks IIFT at number 10.
IIFT Cut Off 2018
The maximum marks you can score in IIFT 2018 exam is 100. This figure (marks in exam) have remained fixed in the past years despite the number of questions varying each year.
Usually cut offs are on the lower side.
The table below tells you what the past year cut offs were and give an idea of the future cut offs:
|1.||Verbal ability and reading Comprehension||9.67||31|
|2.||Logical ability and data Interpretation||8||36.5|
The students who scored marks above cut off in each section and overall scored at least 48.5 were shortlisted for second round. Cut off for SC, ST, PH category candidates were 38.5, 27.17, 28.85 respectively.