IIFT 2019 Syllabus – The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is one of the most prestigious management institutes in India. The Institute conducts IIFT MBA entrance exam every year, for admission in MBA (IB) program. On an average, every year about 02 lakh candidates apply for this entrance exam, which is quite the same number as CAT. The entrance exam for IIFT MBA 2019 is somewhat different from CAT, MAT, XAT, etc and required different preparation strategy. While many suggest that the difficulty level of CAT and IIFT MBA are similar, however, it is not.
1. Is IIFT difficult than CAT? Know How to Crack IIFT 2019
2. IIFT 2019 Admit Card available on November 16, 2018. Download!
Furthermore, the preparation of IIFT MBA IB requires different strategies as there is a difference between the exam patterns of both. Here we have compiled effective ways by which you can prepare for IIFT. Read the article below to know more about the preparation tips, books, section wise preparation strategy, toppers advice, etc.
IIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important that candidates should be well familiar with the exam pattern and its marking scheme. Check the exam pattern for IIFT 2019 below.
- Mode of exam: Pen-paper based
- Duration of the exam: 120 minutes
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Total number of questions: 118
The distribution of the question for IIFT MBA 2019 is as follows:
|Section||Topic||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|Section 1||General Awareness||26||0.5||13|
|Section 2||English Usage||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Logical Reasoning||20||1.0||20|
|Section 4||Quantitative Ability||20||1.0||20|
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
It is important that you should do your preparation for the entrance exam as per the syllabus stated by the concerned exam conducting body. The syllabus for IIFT MBA 2019 is as follows:
|General Awareness||English Usage||Reading Comprehension||Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation||Quantitative Ability|
|Current Affairs||Comprehension of passage||Manufacturing sector vs service sector||Sequencing||Profit & Loss|
|Politics||Verbal Reasoning||Reverse innovation by PepsiCo||Puzzles||Ratio and proportion|
|Sports||Analogies||SLAM in robotics||Coding and decoding||Geometric progression|
|Science||Proverb||Female participation in labor force||Cause and Effect||Arithmetic progression|
|Economics||Odd one out||–||Antonyms||Quadratic linear equations|
|History||Jumbled paragraphs||–||Family tree problems||Average|
|Books||Incorrect words||–||Identifying strong arguments and weak arguments||BODMAS|
|Geography||Usage of foreign language words in English||–||Identifying next number in the series||Geometry|
|–||Contextual usage||–||Statements and conclusions||Co-ordinate geometry|
|–||Completion of sentences||–||Verbal Reasoning||Partnership|
|–||Fill in the Blanks||–||Matrix arrangements||Time-speed-distance|
|–||Idioms||–||Probably false||Work and time|
|–||containing 4 to 5 sentences||–||Identifying Probably True||Number system|
|–||Antonyms||–||Symbol Based problems||HCF|
|–||Syllogisms||–||Statements and assumptions||LCM|
|–||Correction of sentences||–||Assertion and reason||Percentage|
|–||Phrasal verbs||–||Assumption-premise-Conclusion||Allegation and Mixtures|
|–||Use of same words in different places||–||Critical Reasoning||Arithmetic mean|
|–||Punctuation||–||Identifying valid references||Geometric mean|
|–||Mood||–||Definitely true||Harmonic mean|
|–||One word replacement||–||–||Median|
|–||Error correction in choosing words||–||–||Mode|
|–||–||–||–||Number based system|
|–||–||–||–||Maxima & Minima progression|
|–||–||–||–||Pipes and cisterns|
|–||–||–||–||Simple interest and compound interest|
|–||–||–||–||Permutations and combinations|
|–||–||–||Surds, Indices and Complex numbers|
IIFT 2019 Preparation Books
The first step in preparing for any entrance test is to select the right reference books. Here’s a list of
recommended books one should study while preparing for IIFT 2019.
|Name of the book||Name of the Author||Buy Here||Amount of the book|
|IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) 10 Mock Tests and Solved Papers (2014-2008)||Arihant experts||Click Here to buy|
|MBA (XAT, IIFT, NMAT, SNAP, CMAT)||Gautam Puri||Click Here to buy||Rs. 650/-|
|MBA Solved Papers (XAT,IIFT,SNAP, NMAT, CMAT) Includes 19 Solved Papers & 5 Model||Gautam Puri||Click Here to buy||Rs. 525/-|
|MBA Solved PaperS (XAT,IIFT,SNAP,MAT,NMAT,IRMA,CMAT) Includes Online Mock Test||Gautam Puri||Click Here to buy||Rs. 371/-|
|Koncepts of LR – Logical Reasoning for CAT, XAT, IIFT, MAT, CMAT, NMAT & other MBA Exams 2nd Edition||Gajendra Kumar||Click Here to buy||Rs. 270/-|
|INDIA Handbook 2018 for Competitive Exams – Schemes, Yojanas, Policies, Bill & Acts, Amendments, Judgements, Summits, Organisations, Tribunals, Committees||Deepak Agarwal, Dr. Md. Usmangani Ansari||Click Here to buy||Rs. 160/-|
Preparation Tips For IIFT 2019
To further help you in your preparation, here we have mentioned few of the preparation tips for IIFT MBA 2019:
- While many suggest working on your strengths first, however, we will advise you to work on your weaker areas. Since you are already good at one topic, hence you should focus on the other which you are not confident about. With so much time on your hand, spend much time on those sections, and aim for higher attempts, with higher accuracy.
- There are sectional cutoffs in IIFT MBA entrance exam, even though the cut off is generally low, you should make sure to do at least 30% of each section in the first hour so that all the sectional cutoff is cleared. After this, you should try to maximize the overall score in the section which is your strongest so that the overall score is maximized.
- Unlike other management entrance exam such as CAT/CET, etc, mock tests are not an important part of IIFT prep. Instead, you should solve at least 02-03 previous year question papers for IIFT every week. Once you know how much time is ideal to solve a question, you can judge the paper in a better manner.
|IIFT exam year||Download Here|
|2008||Click Here to download|
|2009||Click Here to download|
|2010||Click Here to download|
|2012||Click Here to download|
|2013||Click Here to download|
|2014||Click Here to download|
|2015||Click Here to download|
|2016||Click Here to download|
|2017||Click Here to download|
- Students can also join active Facebook Groups for IIFT or forums to discuss your query.