Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is going to provide admission to MBA (IB) programmes to the applicants on the basis of IIFT 2019. The exam is expected to be conducted in the first week of December 2018. All the applicants who want to apply for it must fulfil basic eligibility criteria as laid down by B-school and do IIFT 2019 registration before the last date. They need to provide all the details as asked in the form to complete the applying process for IIFT 2019 exam. After the paper is held, a result will be released in the form of a scorecard.
Candidates have to finally attend selection process which includes written skills assessment, GD and PI. Final IIFT 2019 result will be made available in the form of PDF file. Admission to MBA (IB) programme in the campuses of Delhi and Kolkata will be provided only to the candidates whose name appears in the PDF list which is the final selection list. To know about eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, registration, result, fee, placement, ranking and much more read the article below.
IIFT 2019 is going to be conducted to offer admission to MBA (IB) programmes in the campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Since it is a residential programme, it is compulsory for all the candidates who are admitted in this course to stay in Hostel of IIFT during the duration of MBA (IB) course. The complete schedule of IIFT 2019 can be seen from the table below:
|IIFT 2019||Important Dates|
|Registration for Exam Begins in||Last week of Jul 2018|
|Last Date to fill Online Application Form is||2nd week of Sep 2018|
|Last Date to Apply and Submit GMAT score for Foreign and NRI applicants||2nd week of Feb 2019|
|Centre could be Changed till||1st week of Nov 2018|
|IIFT 2019 Admit Card will be Available from||2nd week of Nov 2018|
|IIFT 2019 Exam Date will be||1st week of Dec 2018|
|Exam Result is Going to be Announced on||1st week of Jan 2019|
|WSA, GD, PI will be Conducted in||Last week of Jan 2019/ Mid Feb 2019|
IIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the examination need to fulfil the basic eligibility as laid down by IIFT. Below you can find the detailed criteria to be fulfilled to appear in the exam:
Qualifying Criteria: Candidate must have obtained bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. However, relaxation of 5% is given to the applicants who apply under SC/ST category.
- The education pattern must be 10+2+3 years of Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants in final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for IIFT 2019
IIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
The question paper will be divided into 4 sections and will be of MCQ type. You will be required to attempt a total of 118 question with maximum marks of 100. The time duration to complete the paper is going to be 120 minutes and for every wrong answer deduction of ⅓ marks will be done. Below you can find the detailed exam pattern for IIFT 2019:
|Section||Topic||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|Section 1||General Awareness||26||0.5||13|
|Section 2||English Usage||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Logical Reasoning||20||1.0||20|
|Section 4||Quantitative Ability||20||1.0||20|
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
The 4 sections will have the syllabus as stated below. You will need to prepare for IIFT 2019 as per this syllabus. The major topics included in it are illustrated below:
Logical Ability: Questions based on logical reasoning are going to be asked for the exam. The difficulty level could be high based on the previous year question paper.
Quantitative Ability: This section is going to test your ability to solve mathematical equations on topics like number series, profit and loss, averages and mixtures, etc.
Verbal Ability: You can answer the questions which are based on grammar, vocabulary, comprehension skills, syllogisms, antonyms and much more.
General Awareness: To score well in this section of IIFT 2019, you must be updated with the current affairs, the stock market, economic and political news, general knowledge. To solve the questions in this section you have to read daily newspapers and G.K books.
IIFT 2019 Preparation Tips
To prepare for IIFT 2019 you must first of know the exam pattern and syllabus which can be known from this page. Moreover, you then need to prepare a certain strategy to start IIFT preparation 2019. Understanding the preparation techniques of toppers and reading the answers related to IIFT MBA on Quora from the applicants of this MBA (IB) entrance exam we have made an IIFT 2019 preparation method, which is provided below:
- To start with you can create a timetable as per your schedule. Give at least 4 hours per day for the preparation of the exam. You must first of all cover the topics that you find difficult.
- Write down these topics and make a timetable allowing sufficient time for each of these topics. Also, include a break of 15 minutes after every 1 hour.
- Take a look at previous year question papers and find out the type of questions being asked in the exam. You will also come to know the difficulty level of the exam.
- Now start understanding the concepts of these topics and solve questions from sample papers and take mock tests related to it to prepare for IIFT 2019..
- Once you are confident that you have good a good hold on the topics and sections, move towards the easy one and follow the same pattern.
- Finally, start taking mock tests section wise and also full paper test. Likewise, you will get hang of paper and will also be able to learn time management by setting priorities to the questions that are easy and requires minimum time.
IIFT 2019 Registration / Application Form
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria candidates need to do IIFT registration 2019 by visiting the official website of this institute. To do the registration to appear in the exam for getting admission to MBA (IB) programmes candidates will be required to fill the form for the entrance exam.
The process of application form is simple and can be finished in just 10 minutes. All the details that are to be entered in the IIFT 2019 application form are:
- Personal details
- Email id
- Contact information
- Select the centre for IIFT 2019 exam
- Centre for selection process
- Campus preference
- Qualification details
- Working experience, if any
Once you are done with providing the details in IIFT 2019 application form, proceed with the payment of IIFT 2019 registration fee. The details of a fee that you need to pay are provided in the table below:
|General / OBC||Rs. 1550|
|SC/ ST / PH||Rs. 775|
|Foreign Nationals / NRI||US $80 / Rs. 4500|
You have the choice of paying a registration fee cum application fee for IIFT 2019 either online or in offline mode.
If you opt for paying through online mode, make use of credit/ debit card/ net banking.
For offline payment draw a demand draft and send it to the address along with completed application form to the office of IIFT. the DD must reach the office latest by 10 days from the date of IIFT 2019 registration.
On completing the payment process, proceed forward with uploading the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size. The format and size details can be obtained from the following table:
|Photograph||Less than 50 KB||JPG / JPEG|
|Signature||Max. 50 KB|
Now submit the application form and complete the entire process.
IIFT 2019 Exam Centre Change Process
In case you want to change the centre of examination for admission to MBA (International Business), it can be done easily by paying a fee of Rs. 1000. To opt you have to go to IIFT login and enter your details. Now change the centre by paying the fee or you can send a request to the office of IIFT and know the details on how to change IIFT exam centre. The late date for the change of exam centre for IIFT 2019 has been set and the request will be accepted only until the date specified.
IIFT 2019 Admit Card
After the application process is over, the institute will release admit card for all the applicants who have filled the registration form before the last date in the prescribed format and paid the application fee. You can get access to IIFT 2019 admit card through the website of the institute. To download the admit card, you have to visit the IIFT login and enter your name and application number and submit the details. The admit card will be displayed on your screen. Now download it and take a print out of it in order to appear for the examination.
There will be many important details present on IIFT 2019 admit card like:
- Your name
- Roll number
- Application number
- IIFT 2019 exam date and time
- Examination venue
Ensure that all the information provided on it is correct and there is no discrepancy. In case of an error, immediately contact the concerned authorities of IIFT and get it rectified.
This is a necessary document to be able to write the exam and get admission in one of the campuses of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Along with admit card, you should also carry one photo identity proof while appearing for the exam. Without it, you may not be allowed to appear in the exam.
IIFT 2019 Result
After the exams are conducted in the month of December 2018, the result will be announced officially. To check and download the result, candidates need to use IIFT login. In the space provided in the login form, enter your 7 digit roll number and date of birth in the format of DD/MM/YYYY. On submitting the details IIFT 2019 scorecard will be displayed on the screen. It will contain:
- Sectional wise cut off
- Marks obtained by you in each section
- Total marks provided to you
- IIFT 2019 percentile
IIFT 2019 Selection Process
On downloading the IIFT 2019 scorecard, you will be able to know whether you are qualified for selection process or not. If you clear IIFT 2019 cut off as stated in the scorecard, you can expect an invitation from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
On the basis of marks scored by you in the exam, you will be called for writing skills assessment, group discussion and personal interview. The selection process of IIFT 2019 will be conducted in the month of January and February 2019. If you want to be considered for admission in any of the campuses of IIFT, it is compulsory to attend this selection process.
The process is expected to be conducted in various centres across the country. You will be required to appear for WSA, GD, PI in the centre selected by you while filling the application form.
IIFT 2019 Final Result of GD/PI and Admission Process
After the selection process, a PDF file will be released by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. You can get access to it and download it from the website. This PDF file will contain the details of candidates who have qualified the round of GD/PI and are selected for admission in the campuses of IIFT. The pdf file will have the following details:
- Roll number
- Application number
- Your name
IIFT 2019 Cut off
No official announcement has been made related to the cut off for IIFT 2019 but you can get an idea of expected cut off by looking at the previous year exam. The cut off is released sectional wise and category wise. You need to score minimum marks required in each section and also clear overall cut off.
Below you can find the details of cut off from the previous IIFT exam:
|Category||Cut Off for IIFT 2017||IIFT 2018 Cut off|
Sectional wise cut off of previous year IIFT
|Section||Cut off for IIFT 2017||Cut off for IIFT 2018|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||9.67||7.5|
|Analytical Reasoning and Data interpretation||8||5.5|
IIFT 2019 Courses Details
Below you can find the complete list of courses being offered by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Have a look and apply for admission through IIFT 2019.
- Ph.D. Programme at Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two Years & Six Months MBA (International Business) Weekend at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business – Hybrid (through HUGHES Communication Ltd.).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in International Business Strategy – Hybrid (thru NIIT Imperia).
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in International Business and Finance- Hybrid (thru TECH Mahindra).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing at New Delhi.
- Certificate Programme in Export Import Management: On campus and Hybrid.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Finance at New Delhi.
- Certificate Programme in Global Trade Logistics and Operations at New Delhi.
IIFT MBA Rankings
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is Grade A NAAC accredited having CGPA score of 3.53
- Business Standard has included it in Super League 1 in Best B-school Ranking 2017
- It as also got A+++ rating from Business Management Chronicle 2016
- Also, counted as No. 2 in Top Government B-schools of India by GHRDC CSR B-school Survey 2016
- IIFT was offered No. 10 position in Business World Survey 2016
IIFT 2019 MBA Fee Structure
You have to make annual fee payment of Rs. 7,85,000 approximately. However, you can make the payment in 3 instalments.
The complete fee structure is explained below:
|Indian Resident||Fee Details|
|Total Tuition Fee||Rs. 15,70,000|
|Computer Facility, Internet, Library, Alumni Charges and IMF (student body) charges for 1st year||Rs. 32,500|
|Computer Facility, Internet, Library, Alumni Charges and IMF (student body) charges for 2nd year||Rs. 22,500|
|Foreign Nationals and NRI candidates|
|Total Tuition Fee||US $60,000|
|Other Charges for 1st year||Rs. 32,500|
|Other Charges for 2nd year||Rs. 22,500|
IIFT MBA Placements
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade has great placement process. The course will enable you to secure a suitable career opportunity in any company within and outside India.
As per IIFT,
- In 2017 3 students were offered a salary package of more than Rs. 1 crore.
- 6 students got more than Rs. 75 lakh package in international placements.
- All the students were recruited in Kolkata and Delhi centre.
- The highest international salary package offered was the US $1.5 lakh p.a
- A highest domestic package was Rs. 26 lakh p.a.
- This accounts for average salary package of Rs. 18.43 lakhs p.a.
IIFT official website is www.iift.edu
Insofar, no official announcement has been made for IIFT 2019. The information provided here is for reference purpose only. This page will be updated once official notice is released.