IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern- NTA has released the exam pattern for the IIFT 2020. As this year National Testing Agency has taken over the IIFT. Therefore, it has made major changes in the Exam pattern of the IIFT. The test is going to be conducted in the Online mode i.e Computer-based. IIFT 2020 admission test will be held on December 1, 2019, in a single session as a computer-based exam. Students interested can check the syllabus, preparation tips, best books for IIFT 2020 from this article.
IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
Aspirants must be aware of the New exam pattern released by the National testing Agency. Therefore, Check the detailed Exam pattern for the IIFT 2020 from the below table.
Overview of the Exam
- Question type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Total Number of Questions: 114
- Total Number of Marks: 100
- Time duration: 120 minutes
- Mode of exam: Online (Computer-based test )
- Language of Exam: English
- Sections: 6
- Negative Marking: For an incorrect answer, one-third marks will be deducted.
- Marks per question: 0.5 per question in GK; 0.75 per question in Data Interpretation and 1 mark per question in rest of the sections.
|General Awareness (GK)||18||0.5|
Study Material for IIFT Preparation
- IIFT 2020 Preparation
- IIFT Vs CAT?
- How difficult is IIFT as compared to CAT?
- How to Prepare for IIFT GK 2020?
- Which books are the best for IIFT 2020 Preparation?
All new updates in IIFT 2020
- This year surprisingly, “NTA“ has taken over the IIFT MBA Admission Test 2020. Before that Indian Institute of Foreign Trade used to conduct this exam.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct IIFT 2020 on 1st December 2020.
- This year the Mode of the examination for IIFT will be online i.e Computer-based Test.
- Before the exam 4000 Schools/ Engineering colleges with computer centers will be available every Saturday/Sunday starting from 1st September 2019, Therefore, candidates can go to the Test practice centers (TCPs) and practice for the computer-based test (CBT).
Changes in the IIFT 2020 Exam pattern from last year
|IIFT 2020 Exam pattern||Changes|
|IIFT Exam Mode 2020||Changed from offline to online|
|Total Questions||Reduced from 123 to 114|
|Number of Sections||Increased from 4 to 6|
|Marking Scheme||Changed for Data Interperation|
& GK section
How to start IIFT 2020 Preparation?
Get aware of the exam pattern and the syllabus as well. without the proper knowledge about the latest syllabus will lead you to poor preparation. When it comes to the preparation you must practice the previous year’s questions, click on the link given below for examining your weak topics :
- Read the question very carefully and then answer the question.
- Manage your time well, give a specific amount of time to each section.
- Avoid attempting questions if you are not sure about the answer do not over attemp.
- Don’t use the excessive amount of books for the preparation. Use the appropriate books according to the subjects in the syllabus.
- Make a time table before starting your preparation for IIFT 2020.
- Revise the important formulas daily and make notes of it.
- Eat healthily and drink more water to keep your body hydrated and fit for the study.
- Keep your mind positive and patient while solving complex questions.
IIFT 2020 Syllabus
All the candidates who are appearing for the IIFT must cover each topic section-wise as given below:
Logical Ability and Data Interpretation
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Seating Arrangements
- Pie Chart
- Team-based questions
- Line Graph
- SI and CI
- Time, Distance, Work and Heights
- Permutation and Combination
Usually, this section doesn’t have a fixed syllabus, candidates need to have a very good general knowledge and know the current affairs. However, some of the common topics are mentioned below that you must cover for IIFT 2020 entrance exam.
- Matching the logos
- Question on English language usage like Make in India, Ease of doing business
- Matching the stock markets to countries
- The currency of the country
- Current Affairs
- Famous personalities endorsing the product for example ‘Which product not endorsed by Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador’
- Fictional Characters
- Books and Authors
- Awards and awardees
- International Affairs
English Usage and Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Formation Questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Matching word meanings
- Odd word out
- Idioms & Phrases
- Correction of Grammatical Errors
- Placement of words at appropriate places
- Matching the prefix and suffix
- One word substitution
- Fill in the Blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Figures of Speech
- Spelling Correction
IIFT 2020 Previous Year Questions
Check the previous years’ IIFT question paper from the below table and download them in the PDF format.
|IIFT 2018 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2017 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2016 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2015 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2013 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2012 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2011 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2010 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2009 Exam||Click Here|
|IIFT 2006 Exam||Click Here|
Best books for IIFT 2020
Some of the best books are shortlist for the aspirants of IIFT 2020. Therefore, go thorugh the books by clicking on the link which will redirect you to the online store.
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh Kumar||Click Here|
|IIFT 2019||Gautam Puri||Click Here|
|IIFT Solved Paper &|
|Arihant Experts||Click Here|
|50 plus solved papers|
|Wiley’s Exam Xpert IIFT||Exam Xpert||Click Here|
About IIFT 2020
NTA will be conducting the entrance test for the Indian Institute of Foreign trade. Students who are willing to pursue their master’s degree in International business can prepare for IIFT 2020. The institute will accept the IIFT 2020 score and GMAT score for NRI & Foreign Nationals as well for giving admission into many management & doctoral programs. Interested candidates holding a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST/ PWD candidates ) can apply online. Also, the candidates in the final year of the graduation can apply. IIFT has three campuses in India namely Delhi, Kolkata, Kakinada Campus with a total 360 number of seats. According to the previous year’s report, Out of 360 seats, 50% of seats were reserved for OBC, SC, ST, and NRIs.