IIM Ahmedabad is the second Indian Institute of Management established after IIM Calcutta. The school stands #49 among top b-schools in the world. The best academics, exposure, teaching methods, the pool of great talents make the IIM-A a dream college for every MBA aspirant. No doubt the Alumni of IIM Ahmedabad, whether in academics, business, social work or governance, is well known all over the world. The IIM-A offers many programmes designed for pass-outs, experienced, and researches. All the courses have specific eligibility criteria and admission process. The placement record of IIM Ahmedabad touches the sky every year. To know more about IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria, Placements, Ranking, Notable Alumni and more, read the complete article below.
IIM Ahmedabad Highlights
There are many things to know about IIM-A, here are a few points mentioned which makes the IIMA very popular.
|Motto||Progress Through the Application of Knowledge|
|Chairman||Kumar Mangalam Birla|
Location – The institute is situated in the Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The campus is spread across in 106 Acres area. The Red building with hostels and academic blocks designed in various geometrical shapes was designed by Louis Kahn and B.V. Doshi.
Hostel Facility – There is hostel facility available for all the students. It is compulsory to reside in hostels until the completion of the academic course. For married students, there is separate hostel available.
Exchange Programmes – The institute has collaboration with 78 business school all over the world. Many students spend a semester in the international school in Africa, Australia, North America, Europe, etc.
Dual Degree Programmes – Arranged with HEC Paris, Bocconi University, ESSEC Business School in Paris, etc.
Ranking – The institute ranks #49 in the world according to QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2018.
Events – Confluence, Chaos, Insight, ConneXions and there are 40+ clubs and committees managed by IIM-A students.
More About IIM Ahmedabad
The school offers its expertise in the various fields of management. It selects the best of best talents through its rigorous admission procedure. It is well known for its Post Graduate Diploma Programme and agri-business management. The IIM-A takes admission through CAT/ GMAT scores. For IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2019, CAT 2018 scores will be accepted by it. Following that Academic Writing Test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview round takes place for the final admission. In addition to that, students educational background, work experience, achievements also play an important role during the preparation of final merit list.
IIM Ahmedabad Fees
For IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2019, there is a different fee structure for all each of the course. Candidates can pay the fees in installments according to the rules prescribed by the institute. The fee at IIM Ahmedabad revolves around 22 Lakh for two years. The exact fee structure is not available on the website. Candidates get a detailed structure with their offer letter.
IIM Ahmedabad increases the fee every year. Last year, there was a 12% hike in the fees. The fee increased from 19.5 Lakh to 22 Lakh.
|PGP & PGP-ABM||Rs 21,00,000/-|
IIM Ahmedabad Courses
The institute offers many postgraduate, executive, and doctoral programmes. Candidates can take admission in these courses after clearing the eligibility criteria and selection procedure.
Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Management (PGP)
PGP is one of the toughest MBA Programme to take admission. So, in order to take admission in IIM-A, the school best of best via CAT & GMAT score and the subsequent rigorous admission procedure.
Post Graduate Diploma Programme – Agri-Business Management (PGP-FABM)
The managerial programme in the Agri-Business is one of the oldest programmes by IIM-A. Interested candidates can apply via CAT/GMAT for this course.
Doctoral (Fellowship) Programme (FPM)
This is a full-time fellowship programme. You can apply through CAT and follow the separate procedure as described in the IIM A official website.
Executive Training Programme (PGPX)
For the executive programme, the institute accepts GMAT scores only.
ePost Graduate Program (ePGP)
Entrepreneurs and Candidates with professional work experience of minimum of 3 years can apply for this course. Shortlisting will be based on the CAT/ GMAT/ GRE scores.
Scores Accepted by IIM Ahmedabad
As for the different programmes, there is a unique admission process. The first step in most of the exam is the entrance test. Thus for the following courses, it is necessary to appear for the following exams.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2019
After the CAT 2018 result, the IIM-A will start the admission process in the month of January. For some programmes, the application process has been going on. So, for the admission in the institute, check the programme eligibility, admission criteria first.
IIM Ahmedabad Eligibility Criteria
The most important thing before applying for IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2019 is to clear the eligibility criteria. Candidates kes failing to meet the criteria will not able to take the final admission.
PGP Admission Criteria
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- It is necessary to have a minimum of 50% aggregate in the final year. Whereas a minimum of 45% required for reserved category students.
PGP-FABM Admission Criteria
- Minimum three-year education and a bachelor degree in agricultural sciences or agriculture-related disciplines.
- A minimum 50% aggregate in the final year. Whereas a minimum of 45% required for reserved category students.
- If a candidate has a bachelor/ Master degree in any other discipline as mentioned above. Then you must submit a special form as mentioned on the official website.
FPM Admission Criteria
- A master’s degree with minimum 55% marks and a bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks. OR
- Integrated Master four or five-year programme with minimum 55% aggregate.
- OR, a professional qualification like CA, CS with atleast 55% aggregate.
- OR, 8 semesters bachelor degree with 60% aggregate.
ePGP Admission Criteria
- For this course only working professional and entrepreneurs with minimum three-year experience are eligible to apply.
- The minimum age should be 24 years.
- A candidate must have bachelor degree with minimum 50% aggregate.
PGPX Admission Criteria
- Minimum four-year work experience.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline.
- Minimum age of 27 years as on March 21.
- Valid GMAT/GRE scores.
IIM Ahmedabad Notable Alumni
The alumni from IIM Ahmedabad is very well known all over the world. Today IIM-A graduates are top CE), Economist, Writers, etc.
- Ashish Nanda
- Director, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Atul Tandon
- Ajit Rangnekar
- Dean, Indian School of Business
- Shekhar Chaudhari
- Director of Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad from 2001-2009
- Former Director, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Ajay Singh Banga
- President & Chief Executive Officer, Mastercard
- Ashok Vemuri
- Sanjeev Bikhchandani
- Founder and Executive Vice Chairman, Infoedge & naukri.com
- Shikha Sharma
- CEO of IGATE
- MD & Chief Executive Officer, Axis Bank
- K. V. Kamath
- Non-executive chairman, Board of Directors, ICICI Bank
- Lead Independent Director, Infosys
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of Infosys from 2011-13
- N. R. Narayana Murthy
Arts & Social Work
- Gaurav Dagaonkar
- Mallika Sarabhai
- Music Director, vocalist, and Songwriter
- Classical Dancer and Activist. Director of Darpana Academy, Ahmedabad
Government & Politics
- Arvind Subramanian
- Chief Economic Adviser, Government of India
- Raghuram Rajan
- Governor of the Reserve Bank of India
- Prem Das Rai
- Member of Parliament, Sikkim constituency, 15th Lok Sabha
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Process
The detailed procedure for admission in IIMA is as follows.
PGP Admission Proces
First, appear for CAT/ GMAT exam. Once the cutoff is cleared then the composite scores will be calculated by the institute. On the basis of these scores, you will able to attend the GDPI round.
PGP-FABM Admission Process
The first stage is clearing the CAT/ GMAT exam. Then the shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
ePGP Admission Process
Candidates must appear for CAT or GDPI. Following that only interview round will take place.
PGPX Admission Process
Aspirants must appear for GMAT examination. Then, the application screen will take place. Following that essay writing and personal interview will conduct before the final admission.
IIM Ahmedabad Shortlist
Once the exam result is out, the institute will release the list of a selected student on the official website. The list contains names of student who will appear for the next stage of the selection process. In order to check the name on the shortlist you have to visit the official website, and then enter the email id and CAT registration number to see the results.
IIM Ahmedabad Placements
The IIM-A has brilliant placement records at both domestic and international level. The placements take place in two phases. First, the lateral placements which conduct for students who have the prior experience, then the final placements take place for all the students. The previous IIM-A placement records are as follows.
|Maximum Earning Potential (cash component)||53,00,000||48,00,000|
|No. of firms||120+||110+|
|Top Recruiter||Amazon (18 offers)||Accenture Strategy (18 offers)|
|Total Offers Accepted||386||383|
Apart from great academic exposure, IIM- A is known for best placement records. For the top IIM’s the median package goes up to Rs 17,50, 000 annually in the year 2017. The highest can goes up in crores if we talk about the international offers.
In the year 2017 at IIM Ahmedabad, the highest domestic package has seen a rise of 10% with the highest package of 53 Lakhs.
IIM Ahmedabad Ranking
The ranking for the institute is as follows.
World Wide Ranking
- Financial Times – #16
- Global MBA Ranking – #29
- QS Global MBA Ranking – # 49
- The Economist – #92
- NIRF Ranking 2019 – #2
- NIRF Ranking 2018 – #1
- Business Today – #1
- Outlook – #1