CAT 2018 – IIM Calcutta has released the CAT 2018 Official Answer Key on the official website. Also, the response sheet for CAT 2018 is available. Soon the CAT 2018 Result will publish in the second week of January 2019. As the answer key is available, students can start the preparation for the Analytical Writing Test (AWT), Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). For this, start reading the newspapers. Also, start working on your writing skills, communication skills, and the ability to clearly convey your ideas. The list for shortlisted candidates via CAT 2018 will release after the announcement of the result. IIMs and Non-IIMs institutes will release the cut-off and the merit list to initiate the next step of the selection process. To know more about CAT 2018 exam analysis, live updates, Answer Key, Result, selection process, Toppers etc, read the complete article below.
1. CAT 2018 official Answer Key. Available!
2. CAT 2018 Response Sheet and official Answer Key Available. Click Here to download.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
IIM Calcutta has released the CAT 2018 Answer Key on the official website. Candidates can now cross-check the answers with response sheet available on the students’ login. The answer key this year has been released on December 07, 2018. The key is also open to objection by paying Rs 1200/- per questions. Candidates can raise only one doubt at a time. The last date to raise the objection is December 10, 2018, until 5:00 PM.
After the proper scrutiny of CAT 2018 Objections, the final answer key will be released by exam conducting body. Thereafter, no queries regarding the answer key will be entertained. Candidates who have filed the valid doubts will get the refund of the objection money.
More than 2 lakh candidates will be appearing for the CAT 2018 Exam today i.e. on November 25, 2018. The exam is being conducted across 374 centres. 100+ B-schools accept CAT score. After the exam is over and the CAT 2018 Result is out, candidates will be called for GDPI round. The candidates can check the complete schedule for CAT 2018 from the table below.
|CAT 2018||Important Dates|
|Notification for the Common Admission Test is expected to available from||29 Jul 2018|
|Registration will start from||08 Aug 2018|
|Last date to submit the Application Form is||
26 Sep 2018
|Issuance of Admit Card from||24 Oct 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam date||25 Nov 2018|
|CAT 2018 exam analysis||25 Nov 2018 onwards|
|CAT 2018 Response Sheet||30 Nov 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of Jan 2019|
CAT 2018 Exam Analysis
All CAT 2018 exam is being conducted today and more than 2 lakh candidates are appearing today. Thus, we are here with all live updates on CAT exam today. Slot 1 and slot 2 of the exam is over, the analysis is now available below:
- Verbal Ability & Reading comprehension was similar in both the slots. Overall RC section was moderate with lengthy passages and Verbal Ability easy with doable Para Jumbles, Odd one out, and Para Summary.
- Data Interpretation was more or less the same in slot 2 as compared to slot 1. Overall questions were still as compared to previous year analysis.
- Quant section was lenghty, difficult, and tricky. Candidates with good selection of questions could able to survive in this section. Overall, this section is difficult this year.
CAT 2018 Cut Off
Generally, the cut-off of IIMs is very high and may range between 90-99 percentile. Cut off for CAT 2018 will not vary much. As per previous year analysis, it can be expected that CAT 2018 cut off from the table below.
CAT Cut Off For admission in IIMs
|DI & LR||70||65||60||50||60|
|DI & LR||80||70||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||75||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||85||77||55||50||50|
|DI & LR||80||70||55||45||45|
|DI & LR||80||70||60||40||40|
CAT Cutoff for B-Schools
|B-School Name||CAT 2018 Cut-off (Expected)|
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+|
|FMS, DU (Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi)||98.20|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+|
|Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon||95+|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||95+|
|Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad||90+|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||90+|
|T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal||85+|
CAT 2018 Result
The candidates who will appear for the entrance test can check their result online at iimcat.ac.in. The exam conducting body will not send a hard copy of the CAT 2018 Score Card. To check the result for CAT 2018, you need to enter details like User Id and Password. The scorecard will consist of score obtained and Percentile in each section, the overall score and overall percentile, etc.
Like last year, the candidates shall also receive the SMS of the percentile obtained by them in CAT exam by the exam conducting body. Furthermore, after the declaration of CAT 2018 Result, various IIMs will release their list of shortlisted candidates for the subsequent process considering CAT score and other criteria.
Selection Criteria of IIMs
After the declaration of result of CAT 2018, the list of candidates shortlisted for the next level of selection will be made available on the CAT 2018 official website of the respective IIMs. Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The selection criteria for each IIM varies. The process may include:
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interviews (PI)
The Group Discussion is conducted to appraise a candidate’s ability to critically analyse a given piece of information and collectively work in a group to arrive at a solution or develop a perspective. Whereas, the objective of the personal interview with a candidate is to evaluate if the candidate has the capability and skills required to successfully pursue and develop a career in management.
The candidate’s performance in CAT 2018 is an important component of the selection. However, there are other criteria also which IIMs consider for the selection procedure, such as:
- Marks obtained in CAT 2018
- Academic performance of the candidates
- Relevant work experience
- Academic Writing Test
- Diversity Factor
CAT 2018 Reservation
The exam conducting body reserves the following number of seats for the different categories:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
Colleges Accepting CAT Score
Here we have given a list of B-schools which accepts the score for CAT 2018:
List of IIMs Accepting CAT Score
Below is the list of all IIM colleges present in India that accept CAT 2018 score for the admission in MBA/PGDM courses:
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Kashipur
- Rajiv Gandhi IIM Shillong
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IM Udaipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Indore
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Visakhapatnam
- IIM Rohtak
List of top B-schools accepting CAT score
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
IIM Fee Structure, Number of Seat And Other Details
Furthermore, as per last year’s information, we have given the fee structure and number of seats for all the IIMs in the table below:
|S.No.||IIMs||Fee INR (Lakh)||Number of seat||Name of the Course(s) Offered|
|1||Ahmedabad||22||385||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|3||Bangalore||21||412||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|6||Indore||16||550||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|10||Lucknow||14.16||436||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|14||Rohtak||12.3||180||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
CAT 2018 Mock Test
CAT 2018 mock test has been available on the official website. Candidates can access the link for free until the exam date. You will need the registration number and password to access the mock test. The practice exam has been released to make the test takers familiar with the test environment.
Know CAT 2018 Updates Here
1. CAT 2018 Mock Test Link Available.
2. IIM CAT Admit Card releasing soon. Know CAT 01 Month Preparation Strategy.
3. Seven New IIMs to get permanent campuses by 2021. Click Here to know complete coverage.
4. CAT 2018 7 Key Rules to Follow on Exam Day.
5. Exam Rules – IIM Calcutta Released the CAT 2018 Exam Day Instructions and Rules.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for CAT 2018 will be available on October 24, 2018. No candidate will get the CAT Admit Card by post. It has to be downloaded online at iimcat.ac.in by entering the CAT login details such as User ID and Password.
The CAT Admit Card 2018 will consist of the basic details of the candidate as well as of the exam. Moreover, the photo and signature uploaded by you in the application form will be printed on the admit card. Furthermore, it is mandatory for the candidates to carry the print out of the CAT Admit Card on the day of the examination.
CAT 2018 Application Form
The application form for CAT 2018 was released online, at iimcat.ac.in. Candidates had to first register for CAT by entering the name, e-mail id, phone number, and more information. According to the rules, the registration details once submitted couldn’t be changed. Once the registration was done, candidates received the login details for CAT and use it to fill the CAT 2018 Application Form.
After the registration was done, it was required to fill the CAT Application Form 2018 using the login credentials, which are User Id and Password. In the application form, information such as Personal Information, Educational Qualification Details, Communication Details, etc was asked to enter. Also, needed to upload a scanned image of your Photograph and Signature as per the specification and format. Following that submission of application fee and form took place.
Application Fees for CAT 2018
There was a rise in the application fee for CAT 2018. Hence, this year, the candidates paid the following of the registration fees. The application fee is payable by online mode using Credit card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Only candidates who paid the fee before the last date could able to edit the CAT application form.
|SC, ST, and PwD||Rs. 950/-|
|Other categories||Rs. 1900/-|
Analysis of CAT with IIM Calcutta Conducted the Exam Last Time
The last time IIM-C conducted CAT was in the year 2015. Total 218664 candidates registered for the exam but only 179602 appeared. The analysis of the exam is as follows:
The exam was held in two slots. The section one was for VRC, in which 34 questions were asked. Second question was for RC, with 24 questions. In the Reading Comprehension Section, 2 sets had 3 questions and 3 sets had 6 questions each. Remaining of the 10 questions were Non-MCQs and Para Jumbles. The Second Section of the exam was for LRDI, which had 32 questions. In all, there were 4 sets of 4 questions. The third section in the exam was for Quant and had 34 questions.
Most Difficult Section – The toughest section in the examination was for Quantitative Aptitude.
Toppers – 100 percentile was secured by 17 candidates.
What To Expect This Year? – It is clear that IIM Calcutta will not lower its standard in terms of the difficulty level of the exam. Hence, this year, you can expect a notch higher level of the difficulty level in CAT 2018. IIM Calcutta already brought a change by announcing the exam date way earlier. Maybe this is to allow students to start preparing for the national level test at their best.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
CAT 2018 a computer based examination. It means that to take the exam, candidates will have to visit a particular center and give take the test on a particular system. The candidates will have to mark answers, using the cursor.
The exam pattern for CAT has not changed much. However, few changes are always introduced by the new exam conducting body. Till now the exam pattern followed for CAT is as follows:
- Mode of the exam: Computer-based test
- Total Duration of exam: 3 hours or 180 minutes
- Types of Questions: MCQ and Non-MCQ (Subjective Type questions)
- Number of Sections: There are three sections which are Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning,, Quantitative Ability
The distribution of question in each section is as follows:
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Number of Non-MCQs||Duration||Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||7||60 min||102|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10||60 min||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||08||60 min||96|
What is the Marking Scheme for CAT 2018?
One of the most important information which is sometimes ignored by the students is the marking scheme. The students must remember the marking scheme for CAT as the evaluation of marks in the exam will be done as per it only. The marking scheme followed for CAT is as follows:
|Type of questions||Correct Answer||Negative Marking||Marks Deducted for an Incorrect answer|
|MCQ||+3 marks||√||-1 marks|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
There is no syllabus prescribed for CAT preparation. However, observing the past year question paper and analysis, the syllabus to be followed for CAT 2018 Preparation is as follows:
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Ability|
|Sentence Corrections||Family Tree||Arithmetic|
|Idioms||The course of Action||Ratio and Proportion|
|Meaning-Usage Match||Pie Chart||Probability|
|Summary Questions||Calendars||Permutation and Combination|
|Reading Comprehension||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments||Mensuration|
|Verbal Reasoning||Puzzles||Time and work|
|Syllogisms||Series||LCM & HCF|
|Antonyms and Synonyms||Coding & Decoding||Clocks|
|Fill in the blanks||Column Graphs||Higher Maths|
|–||Numeric Grid||Geometric Progression|
|–||Syllogisms||Installments & Payments|
|–||Graphs representing Area||Profit and Loss|
|–||Linear and Matrix Arrangements||Percentages|
|–||–||Pipes and Cisterns|
|–||–||Cubes and Cones|
|–||–||Mean, Median, Mode|
|–||–||Quadratic and linear equations|
|–||–||Angles and Triangles|
Read | Click Here to know the important topics for CAT 2018
Books For CAT 2018 Preparation
There are so many books available in the market and online for CAT 2018 Preparation. However, it is important for the candidates to choose the best books for the preparation. You can check the list of the most recommended books for preparation for CAT 2018 from the table below.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Name of the Publisher||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare For Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations||R S Aggarwal||–||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CA||Nishit K Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
How to Start Preparation For CAT 2018 in 04 months?
Now that only 04 months are left for CAT exam, the aspirants must gear up their preparation. The time is less and there is a lot to cover for the entrance test. Here are few tips which can help your prepare for the exam:
Also Read: CAT 2018 Preparation in 02 Months
- First and foremost, starting from now, clear up your basic concepts on each topic. If you basic concepts are strong, you will be able to identify the mistakes which you are making in the mock tests and how to improve in them.
- Don’t wait on completing the syllabus. It is advised to take mock tests as much as you can. You should take at least 15-20 mock tests. After each mocks, analyze them, identify what your strengths and weaknesses are. Analyzing the mock are more important that taking the mock test itself.
- Work on your weaknesses but don’t be over confident about your strengths. Keep a balance between the two.
- While solving questions in mathematics, make notes of the formulas. They will be handy at the time of revision and solving previous papers.
- Accuracy and speed is the key to score well in the CAT exam. Read the question paper carefully and identify the questions into three parts. First part will consist of the questions which you are confident about, the second part will consist of questions you know how to solve them but are not sure about the answer, third part consists of questions, which are not at all confident about. Do not hesitate to leave out the questions which you are not confident in.
- If you are weak in the VARC section, read different articles and novels, converse in English with friends.
- Write down whatever new words you encounter after reading at least 5-6 newspaper articles every day.
- Many students say that the Data Interpretation (DI) is a bit more time-consuming. So you should start practice as many questions on DI. Use approximation techniques for quick calculations.
- How To Prepare for CAT 2018 in 6 months?
- Strategy for scoring 95+ percentile in CAT 2018
- Preparation Tips for CAT Quant section
- Preparation Tips for CAT DI and LR section
- Preparation Tips for CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension section
- Best Books and Time Table for CAT 2018 Preparation
- Previous Year Question Papers
Previous Year CAT 100 Percentilers
CAT 2017 Topper: Chhavi Gupta
Success Mantra: “I used to give mock tests at least every other weekend and used to analyse the same to keep a check on my strong and weak areas and see how I’m improving in the same.”
CAT 2017 Topper: Meet Aggarwal
Success Mantra: “I took a lot of mock tests for CAT (more than 80). I also focused on analysing them well and avoided making the same mistakes again. That eventually took me close to the perfect percentile.”
CAT 2017 Topper: Mayank Raj
Success Mantra: “My consistency. I put in a fixed number of hours everyday without fail for a period of 6 months, and that I think has brought in this result.”
CAT 2017 Topper: Patrick D’souza
Success Mantra: “Be regular in your preparation. Focus on reading, solving puzzles along with whatever you prepare with your books.”
Read | Read more about the previous year CAT toppers and read their full interview to know how they prepared for the test.
Want to Study Abroad Using CAT Score? It is Possible
So you thought that only B-Schools across India only accepts CAT score. Last year, one international B-school of Singapore, Singapore Management University, joined the group of CAT participating institute.
Various International or foreign universities accept CAT score for admission to MBA or MiM programme. The 2-year PG management programme in India is referred to as MBA, whereas, in foreign Universities, it is considered as Masters in Management (MiM) programs.
List of Foreign Universities which accepts CAT 2018 Score
|Name of the B- School||Country||Name of the Program|
|HEC Paris||France||Master in Management (MiM)|
|Emlyon Business School||France||MSc in Management|
|Audencia Business School||France||Master in Management (MiM)|
|ESCP Europe Business School||Germany||Master in Management (MiM)|
|SKEMA Business School||France||Master in Management (MiM)|
|EDHEC Business School||France||Master in Management (MiM)|
|Norwegian School of Economics or NHH||Norway||Master in International Management (MiM)|
|Singapore Management University||Singapore||Master of Professional Accounting, MBA, Master of Science in Management (MM)|
|SP Jain School of Global Management||Dubai, Singapore, Sydney||Masters of Global Business|
|ESSEC Business School||France||MSc in Management|
|Stuart School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago||USA||MBA|
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is important to fulfill the eligibility criteria of CAT 2018. Candidates who will not satisfy it will not be granted admission.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for CAT 2018.
Education Qualification: You should have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or should possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India (including the Associate Membership Examination (AMICE) of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India) as an equivalent qualification.
- Should have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/ PWD candidates) in degree examination.
- Those who are appearing the final year of the degree examination are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018.
CAT 2018 Official Notification
- Click Here to check the CAT 2018 Notification.
Facts About CAT 2018
Some interesting facts about CAT 2018 follow:
- IIM Calcutta is conducting IIM CAT after six years
- Professor Sumanta Basu is the CAT 2018 convener this year
- The task-taking agency for CAT 2018 is Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)
- CAT 2018 will consist of MCQs and Non-MCQs questions. The percentage of MCQs in the examination will be 70% and of Non-MCQs it will be 30%.
- This year, the window for CAT Registration is open for 43 days instead of 45 days.
- The candidates are not allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- The exam will be held in two sessions, the time of which is not yet announced.
- The Common Admission Test will be conducted in 147 test centers.
Expected Registrations for CAT 2018
This year also we can expect that the number of candidates registered will cross the mark of 2 Lakhs. Even in CAT 2017, there were 231067 candidates registered for the exam.
CAT 2018 Application Correction Window
For the first time, CAT opened the photograph correction window to edit the blurred images in the form. The window was available for three days only. In this period, it was candidates who have not uploaded the picture according to the standard specification was given the chance to edit the form.
Beside the photograph correction window, candidates are anticipating that correction window to edit the form also opens. Though there is no confirmation yet from exam conducting body regarding this. In case you have made any mistakes then contact at the cat helpline and ask for the possible solution. For now, focus on the preparation of the exam. As CAT form is considered only by IIM’s. For the rest, you have to fill the separate forms.
It is a national level entrance exam which is held by IIMs on a rotational basis. It is one of the toughest and most popular entrance examinations for which every year 02 lakh candidates apply. CAT score is accepted by 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools. There is no age limit to apply for the CAT exam, but the candidates should have completed their graduation by securing minimum marks. It is a computer based entrance test which will consist of three sections – Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Reasoning Comprehension. Check complete details about CAT 2018 from this page.
If you have any questions related to CAT 2018, tell us in the comment section below.