IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019:- IIM Shillong offers 2019-21 Post Graduate Programme (PGP) for the academic year 2019-21. The updated IIM Shillong Selection Process 2019 is available on the official website. For the admission, candidates must have appeared for the Common Admission Process. It is an only examination accepted by IIM Shillong. In brief, IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 includes CAT 2018 Score, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Importantly, candidates who have filled the IIM Shillong as a choice in CAT Form are considered for the admission process. For more detailed information about IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019, candidates can go through the article given below.
IIM Shillong Admission Criteria
Admission to PGP 2019-21 batch takes place in two phases. In Phase 1, candidates are shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). In Phase 2, a final merit list is prepared to offer admission to PGP 2019-21 batch. The process in each of these phases is described in the following sections.
Check Shortlist: Click Here to check IIM Shillong Admission Status 2019.
Scores Accepted by IIM Trichy
1. CAT 2018
Phase 1: Criteria for Shortlist of GD & PI Rounds
The first phase for IIM Shillong Admission Criteria 2019 in details is as follows.
- Eligibility – All the candidates who have opted for IIM Shillong PGP 2019 -21 Batch are eligible for consideration in Phase 1. The minimum requirement of marks for consideration in different categories of the candidates in various examination / test is given in the table given below.
Minimum requirements of marks required for shortlisting in various categories:
|Category||SSC Percentage||HSC Percentage||Section A – CAT 2018 Percentile (VARC)||Section B – CAT 2018 Percentile (DILR)||Section C- CAT 2018 Percentile (QA)|
Candidates must note that the actual percentage and percentile of a shortlisted candidate for GD & PI may be higher than the above-mentioned minimum values. The candidates fulfilling the criteria in the table mentioned above are considered for shortlisting.
- Academic Discipline: The eligible candidates as per eligibility requirement further gets segregated as per their academic disciplines in graduation as reported in CAT 2018. Refer Annexure 1.
From each academic discipline, a certain percentage of candidates are shortlisted for GD and PI. They are as follows:
N: Number of candidates appeared for CAT 2018
g: Number of Academic disciplines
Ni: the number of candidates present in the i
th: academic discipline, ∀ = 1, 2, 3, . . . , … … .
The percentage of candidates eligible for shortlisted for any ith academic discipline is as follows.
The eligible candidates in the respective categories i.e. Differently Abled (DA), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC) and Others (OT) are grouped as per categories with the number of candidates in any given category j being: Mj
, ∀ = , , ,. Thus,
The eligible candidates in respective Categories i.e. Differently Abled (DA), Scheduled Tribe (ST),
Scheduled Caste (SC), and Others (OT) are grouped as per the categories, with a number of candidates
in any given category j being:
: Number of candidates in category DA
: Number of candidates in category ST
: Number of candidates in category SC
: Number of candidates in category OT
As per the academic disciplines, the candidates are grouped as given in the table below:
Phase 2: Merit List Criteria for IIM Shillong Admission
In this phase, a final merit list is prepared to grant admission to PGP 2019 – 21 batch. The process in each of these phases is mentioned in the following given sections:
Scores of GD and PI are used along with the overall CAT performance for preparation of the final merit list for the admission offer.
x– scores in GD
y– scores in PI
z– Overall CAT Absolute Score
After this, the score would be normalized as for the preparation of the final merit list. The overall score of the candidate who appear in GD and PI is calculated using the following given formula which are then used for preparing the merit list for the final selection.
Also, candidates must also note that there are different cutoff scores for the candidate’s performance as per PI in various categories as given in the table below. The cut-off scores are used to prepare a list of the candidates eligible for the preparation of merit list.
The table given below specifies the cut – off on the performance of the candidates in GD & PI for Merit List for Admission purpose.
IIM Shillong Reservation Policy
Candidates can read the reservation policy followed by IIM Shillong here.
- The criteria for the selection process is decided on the basis of the pattern and performance trends of the past years’ CAT data of candidates who had applied to this Institute. If in case, there is a significant change in the performance and profile of the candidates in CAT 2018 applying to the Institute. The Institute reserves the right to change and / or modify the criteria mentioned before.
- All the candidates who will be given admission to PGP 2019 -21 are required to provide the proof of their graduation if they have completed it or equivalent exams.
- Candidates must note that the short listed list of candidates for GD & PI are independent of the other IIMs. So, there might be some variation in the list of candidates short listed by other IIMs.
- The information about the short – listed candidates is communicated through IIM Shilling website which is www.iimshillong.ac.in. Also, candidates must note that the governing authority sends GD & PI Call Letters / Interview Letters to all the shortlisted candidates who would have correctly filled in the Interview Form within the given set time.
- For more information about the admission process, candidates will have to visit IIM Shillong website which is www.iimshillong.ac.in.
- Candidates appearing in GD & PI can view their admission status whether they have been offered admission by IIM Shillong approximately and tentatively by the second week of May 2019 on the IIM Shillong official website.
- Any dispute regarding the Admissions to PG would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of Shillong.
Official Website: www.iimshillong.ac.in
For more information about IIM Shillong Admission Process, candidates can Download Information Brochure.