IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur offers Masters of Business Administration (MBA) to aspiring candidates. For management education, the IIT Kanpur has Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IME). The department focuses on management training via post graduation courses like MBA. Overall there are 78 seats including the reserved seats. For IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 candidates have to appear for CAT 2018. On the basis of the national level test, candidates will be shortlisted to participate in the selection process. Thus, it is important that aspirants fill the IIT Kanpur Application Form in time. Most probably, it will be available a day after CAT 2018 Result. For more details regarding IIT Kanpur MBA Admission selection process, cut off, eligibility, application form and more, read the complete article below.
Latest: CAT 2018 Registration has been started. Click Here to register for the exam.
IIT Kanpur MBA
For applying at IIT Kanpur MBA, you must carefully check the eligibility criteria. Candidates with Science background are eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates with an engineering background or with Mathematics as the main subject are eligible. For more read the details below. The tentative schedule for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 is available in the table below.
|IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019||Date|
|CAT Result Announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
|Online Application Availability||Day after CAT Result|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of January 2019|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||1st week of February 2019|
|GDPI Round||1st week of March 2019|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of May 2019|
IIT Kanpur MBA Courses
The flagship course for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 is Masters of Business Administration. It is a residential programme of 2-year duration having total four semesters. In addition to that, it consists of elective courses, core courses, seminar courses, summer internship etc.
IIT Kanpur MBA Fee
For IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 candidates have to pay the fee semester wise. The IIT Kanpur MBA Fee structure for the year 2019 will be as given in the table below. For now, the fee is according to last year information brochure.
|Category||Fee Admission 2019-21|
|SC/ST* & PH||Rs 24,317/-|
* 100% tuition fee waiver.
** No hostel fee if Parents’ income less than Rs 6.00 P.A.
IIT Kanpur MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates looking for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 must fulfill the eligibility criteria. For the academic session 2019-21, the criteria are available below.
- Valid score card of CAT 2018 having Percentile 85 and above. Whereas percentile 75 and above for SC/ST applicants.
- Minimum marks of 65% in 10th and 12th. For SC/ST applicants, minimum marks allocated are 55%.
- B.Tech or B.E degree or four-year degree programme leading to B.Sc Engineering with Mathematics as the main subject.
- Maters of Science or Masters of Economics with Mathematics as one of the main subject in UG.
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
IIT Kanpur MBA Selection Process
The IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2019 has many layers of selection before the final admittance of students in the programme. The selection process is as follows.
- Application Form – Apply for IIT Kanpur Admission on specified dates.
- Short List – Wait for the shortlist according to CAT 2018 scores on the official website. Cut off will also release on the website.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview – GDPI round will be conducted by M.B.A admission committee. The evaluation is according to candidates score, academic background, general academic proficiency.
- Final Merit List – The Institute will release the final merit list on the basis of above stages and reservation policy (OBC: 27%, SC: 15%, ST: 7.5% and PH 3%).
IIT Kanpur MBA Application Form
In order to appear for IIT Kanpur MBA selection process, candidates must submit the application form. The IIT Kanpur MBA Application Form 2019 will available a day after CAT result. The form consists of personal, academic, contact and work experience details. Most importantly, all the candidates must clear the eligibility criteria before applying for IIT’s. The registration fee will be Rs 1600/- for General & OBC candidates and Rs 800/- for SC/ST/PH candidates. The application will available at the official website of IIT Kanpur MBA only.
IIT Kanpur MBA Call Letter
Candidates who will have their name on the shortlist will receive the call to attend the GDPI round. After that candidates must visit the IIT Kanpur campus to attend the GDPI round. In this round candidates have to compete with other aspirants to prove that they deserve the seat. So, you must show the competence in communication skills, academic knowledge, general awareness etc.
IIT Kanpur MBA Offer Letter 2019
Candidates on the basis of CAT 2018 scores, GDPI round, and academic background will able to take final admission in the institute. Moreover, there is 50% reservation of seats for the admission. Selected students will receive the offer letter to join the batch of 2019-21. The offer letter will look like this.
IIT Kanpur MBA Placements
The placements at IIT Kanpur is remarkable comparing the small batch size and affordable programme fees. The students have a high rate of investment after the final placements.
- Highest Salary – Rs 12.64 LPA
- Average CTC Offered – Rs 10.42 LPA
- Median Salary – Rs 9.86 LPA
IIT Kanpur Ranking
Here is the ranking of IIT Kanpur on different platforms.
- World University Ranking 2019 – 283
- QS Asia Rankings 2018 – 59
- University among BRICS Nation – 21
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering NIRF Ranking 2018 – 17
Official Website: www.iitk.ac.in
For more details, Download IIT Kanpur Information Brochure.