IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 – The Department of Management Studies (DoMS) is a business school under Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai. It was established in the year 2004 and has the seat intake of 60-70 students per year. The institute offers many postgraduate and research programmes in management. For the regular 2-year MBA programme, the IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 takes place via Common Admission Test (CAT) scores. To participate in the selection process candidates have to fill the separate application form of IIT Madras. After this, the GDPI round will take place to shortlist candidates for the final admission. To know more details regarding IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 placements, ranking, application form, courses and more, read the complete article below.
IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019
The GDPI round will take place according to the preference selected by you during application filling round. The interview city may change according to the availability of slots. The tentative schedule for the upcoming events is as follows.
|IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019||Important Dates|
|CAT 2018 exam date||25 Nov 2018|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Result||01st week of Jan 2019|
|Online Application form starts from||A day after CAT 2018 Result|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of Jan 2019|
|Shortlisting of candidates and selection of slot||02nd week of Jan-03rd week of Feb 2019|
|Mumbai Location GDPI Round||04th week of Feb 2019|
|Kolkata Location GDPI Round||04th week of Feb 2019|
|Chennai Location GDPI Round||01st week of Mar 2019|
|New Delhi Location GDPI Round||04th week of Mar 2019|
Check the links for Important Exams for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 Here.
IIT Madras MBA Fee Structure
The fee structure for IIT Madras MBA Admission is as follows. The fee is according to last year information brochure. For any changes, we will update here soon.
|One Time Fee||Rs 12750/-|
|Semester Fee||Rs 1,74,813/-|
|Deposits (Refundable)||Rs 2000/-|
|Institute Fee for Hostellers||Rs 1,89,563/- (General/OBC)
Rs 39,563/- (SC/ST/PwD)
|Institute Fee for Non-Hostellers||Rs 1,88,813(General/OBC)
Rs 38,813/- (SC/ST/PwD)
|Hostel Fee and Mess Charges per year||Rs 23,750/-|
IIT Madras MBA Courses
The institute offers following courses for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019. Candidates can apply for the courses according to the eligibility prescibed by the institute.
- Research Programmes
Specializations in MBA
- HRM & OB
- Information Systems
- Integrative Management
IIT Madras MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission in the institute must clear the specific guidelines for the programme. So, for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019, the eligibility criteria is as follows.
- A candidate must have a valid CAT 2018 scorecard.
- A graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate. For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5 percentage points.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
- IIT graduate with minimum CGPA score fo 8 out of 10 exempted from CAT score.
- You must submit the sponsorship via the appropriate method as mentioned on the website.
- Minimum 2-year experience is required in the sponsoring organization.
- Valid CAT scorecard and a graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate.
- Such candidates need not appear for CAT. They should apply through respective government agencies.
- A graduate in any discipline with minimum 55% aggregate.
NRI and Foreign Nationals
- Valid GMAT Score Card.
- Graduate with minimum 60% aggregate credited by a recognized university.
- Final year can also apply for admission.
- Citizenship related documents from Indian embassy.
IIT Madras MBA Shortlisting Process
Candidates applying for IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 will be selected on the basis of the number of factors. After considering all the parameters, the composite scores will be calculated to intimate students to take the part in the selection process.
- CAT score,
- Past academic performance,
- Work experience,
IIT Madras MBA Selection Procedure
After shortlisting students on the basis of various parameters, the IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 selection will start taking place.
- CAT Entrance Examination – All the candidates must appear for the national level test to become eligible for the selection process.
- Group Discussion – Thereafter, the group discussion round will take place. It conducts within the group of 8-10 students with a topic in hand given by the interviewee.
- Interview – Next stage is the interview round. In this round, you will be asked questions on the basis of academic skills, extracurricular, work experience etc.
- Composite Scores – After considering all the scores, final admission will take place.
IIT Madras MBA Application Form
The IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019 Forms will release a day after the CAT 2018 Result. The window will be available only for less than one month. Candidates can access the forms from the official website of IIT Madras. You have to submit the form and fee in online mode. Most importantly, in the form, you have to fill personal, academic, work experience details correctly. Following that, pay the registration fee via credit card, debit card, or net banking. Most probably, the fee will be Rs 1600 for general candidates and Rs 800 for Rs SC/ ST/ PD candidates. After the submission of all the applications, the screening will be done on the basis of shortlisting criteria.
IIT Madras MBA GDPI
Candidates clearing the shortlisting stage have to attend the GDPI round. To appear for the same you will receive a mail on the registered email id. A better preparation of this round includes focussing on business awareness, academic knowledge, communication and writing ability. This process will take place in the four cities all over India on different schedules. Most Importantly, bring all the relevant documents on the interview day to prove your eligibility.
IIT Madras MBA Placements
The IIT’s has a remarkable response in terms of placements. There is 100% placement with a maximum number of students getting the impressive packages in the field of management. Here are some stats to prove this claim.
IIT Madras MBA Ranking
The IIT’s ranks in top universities not only in India but also all across the world. Let’s look at the ranking of IIT by different publications.
- QS World University Rankings 2018 – 264
- QS Asia University Rankings 2018 – 48
- BRICS University Ranking – 18
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings – 601-800
- Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings – 103
Official Website – www.doms.iitm.ac.in