JEMAT 2019 Preparation – The JEMAT takes place two times in a year. So, whenever you are planning to appear for the test you must start your preparation as soon as possible. For the better JEMAT 2019 Preparation, you must give atleast 6 months to learn and practice the concepts. If you are already done with concepts then 30 days are enough for practice mocks. Moreover, keep yourself updated with exam pattern and syllabus while doing the preparation. Further, follow the study timetable daily and practice mocks regularly. Remember consistency is the key to achieve success in life. So, give your best to get good rank in JEMAT 2019 entrance exam. To know more about JEMAT 2019 Preparation, exam strategies, useful tips, syllabus, exam pattern etc, read the complete article below.
JEMAT 2019 Preparation
In the exam, you must prepare for all the sections. As questions are aptitude based you just need to clear the concepts and practice more and more. The more you practice, the better the results you will get. Moreover, managing the time is very important. You must give some time for this exam while preparing for other entrance exams as well. After that ensure that you are analyzing the mocks regularly. Most importantly, focus on speed and accuracy also in this exam.
To Check JEMAT 2019 Recommended Books, Click Here.
Managing the time is essential in two phases of the exam. First while preparing, you must give few hours to study for JEMAT. Second, you need to divide the time smartly while taking the exam. For this, you must keep a track of time while attempting a question. Try to reduce the time gradually. If you keep this habit from starting, you will find convenient while taking the actual exam. Moreover, keep few hours to study daily, do not miss it under any circumstances. Remember, in MBA it is all about management, so why not develop this quality now by doing little efforts every day.
Mocks and analysis
Attempt a mock daily according to the question types of JEMAT exam. This way you will adapt to the exam pattern of this exam. Most importantly, you must revise the mocks always. Revise the topics where you are frequently doing mistakes. Try to not make those mistake in next mock. If you often tend to forget the formulas, then revise them frequently. Similarly, revise the vocabulary and grammar rules in regular interval.
JEMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The JEMAT is an offline pen and paper-based test. You will get the OMR sheet to fulfill the appropriate choices. You must check the exam pattern before starting your preparation.
Mode of Examination – The paper is a pen and paper-based test.
Duration of Examination – The candidates have to complete the test in 120 Minutes or 2 Hours.
Number of Questions – The total number of questions in the exam is 100.
Marking Scheme – A add-on of 1 mark for each correct answer.
Negative Marking – Deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEMAT 2019 Syllabus
The exam conducting body does not release any specific syllabus for the exam. Since all the management tests have common topics. Given below are the topics which generally come in the exam.
- English – Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms and Analogies, Antonyms and Synonyms, Fill in the blanks, Sentence correction etc.
- Mathematics – Number systems, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Algebra, Mensuration, Time and Work etc.
- Logical Reasoning – Clock, Calendars, Binary logic, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, logical sequence etc.
To check the complete and detailed JEMAT 2019 Syllabus, Click Here.
JEMAT 2019 Preparation – General English
This section has questions to test your command in the English language. You must have practice reading comprehension, vocabulary and grammar to excel in this section. To get pro in this section you can follow the tips given below.
- First of all, develop a habit of reading newspapers, magazines daily. Read newspapers like The Hindu, Scroll.in, The Indian Express etc. You can read them while traveling or when you are getting bored.
- Read articles from different genres. Pick articles from Psychology, Politics, Economics, History etc, and develop your interest in them. This way you will able to grasp the context of RC better.
- Moreover, whenever practicing an RC, try to grasp its essence. Understand what the author wants to say. Identify the central theme and flow of the passage.
- The golden rule is to learn a word immediately whenever you scan a new word. Do not skip and google it immediately.
- Write new words in a diary and revise them in a regular interval.
- Read and listen to different sources. Listen to English news channels. This way besides learning a word you will understand its usage.
- Regularly take a vocabulary test to check your progress.
- As we know reading is the key, so focus on grammar as well. Check semantics and syntax while reading a sentence aloud.
- You can pick a grammar book to revise the grammar rules.
- Give a grammar test daily and focus more on exceptions. Remember to ace this section improve your reading and speaking skills both.
JEMAT 2019 Preparation – Mathematics
To prepare for this section you must start from learning the basic of all the topics. Before that check the important topics from the syllabus given above.
- First of all, cover the theory and learn the concepts thoroughly.
- Now, practice all possible different types of questions that can be made on a particular topic.
- After that practice miscellaneous questions in a form of sectional test.
- Write all the important formulas, identities and short tricks in one place and revise them frequently.
- Try to learn the concept behind the formulas. It will help you if there is any twist in the question
- Learn squares, cubes, square root, cube root of atleast first 20 numbers.
- When attempting any questions, read it completely before doing the same.
JEMAT 2019 Preparation – Logical Reasoning
This section is easy to crack if you know the approach to solve a particular type of question. So, atleast practice all the topics given in the syllabus of Logical Reasoning.
- First, learn the logic to solve a topic and then practice all the different types of questions related to it.
- For, relationship question, try to have a strong vocabulary. Moreover, a good command of Antonyms and Synonyms.
- In coding-decoding questions, read the statements carefully. Questions are easy if done with patience.
- In, complete the series question, try to find the pattern after applying the combination of addition, division, subtraction, and multiplication. Then move forward to look for table, square, cubes pattern.
So, for logical reasoning, practice is the only key. Pick a good book and start attempting the questions now.
JEMAT Sample Question Papers
For the better preparation, you must solve a paper which is completely based on the exam pattern. So, for your convenience, we have given the links to sample papers of all the sections.
Official Website: www.wbut.ac.in