The Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET-2018) is a University level entrance exam. It is conducted by the Universty of Lucknow for admission to various MBA and MTTM programmes. One of the key factors for preparing for an entrance exam is that you should have known about the exam’s pattern and syllabus. Once you know these two things, you can easily strategize your preparation. The candidates must prepare for LUMET 2018 as per the syllabus prescribed by the University. LUMET 2018 is scheduled to be held on June 02, 2018. So, those who have not yet started their preparation, this is the right time to do so. Here at Aglasem, we will provide you all the guidance you need for LUMET 2018 from this page.
Before we get to know about the complete syllabus for the exam, let us first take a look at its exam pattern.
LUMET 2018 Exam Pattern
The candidates preparing for the entrance test should keep in mind the exam pattern as the question paper will be prepared as per it. The exam pattern for LUMET 2018 is as follows:
- LUMET is a Pen-paper based test
- There will be MCQ type questions with three options.
- The question paper will consist of 4 sections, namely:
- General Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
- Numerical ability
- Data interpretation
- English Verbal Ability.
Marking Scheme for LUMET 2018
The other most important part of the examination is the marking scheme. You should keep in mind the following marking scheme as evaluation of marks for LUMET 2018 will be done on its basis.
- Correct Answer: +3 marks for every correct response.
- Incorrect Answer: -1 marks for every incorrect answer.
LUMET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for LUMET 2018 is quite similar to CAT. So anyone preparing for CAT and is appearing for LUMET will be on an advantage. There are some of the topics which you should prepare for LUMET 2018.
SECTION I – GENERAL AWARENESS
- Awards and winners
- Government and Politics
- Famous Personalities
- Current affairs
- Static GK
SECTION II – ENGISH VERBAL ABILITY
- Sentence Completion
- Passage comprehension
- Language skills
- Passage-based questions
SECTION III – LOGICAL REASONING
- Family Tree
- Visual Reasoning
- Numeric Grid
- Critical Reasoning
- Graphs representing Area
- Course of Action
- Pie Chart
- Statement Conclusions
- Strong Arguments and Weak
- Blood Relations
- Coding & Decoding
- Column Graphs
SECTION IV – NUMERICAL ABILITY
- Number systems
- Linear equations
- Quadratic equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and compound interties
- Ratio and proportion
- Work and time
- Permutation and combination
Books For Preparation For LUMET 2018
The next step in preparing for an entrance exam is to collect the necessary resources. The key to excel in any entrance examination is to adopt a smart strategy with maximum optimization of time and resources. To help you in your preparation, we have some lists of books which are recommended for LUMET.
|Name of the Book||Author||Publisher||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Mc Graw Hill Education||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr R S Aggarwal||S Chand||Click Here|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Nishit K Sinha||Pearson||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations||R S Aggarwal||–||Click Here|
|Trishna’s Verbal Ability and TIME Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations||TIME||TIME||Click Here|
|Manorama Year Book||–||Malayalam Manorama||Click Here|
LUMET 2018 Preparation Tips
So, here we have compiled few of the preparation tips which can help you score good marks in LUMET 2018.
- Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus given above.
- Many advise that you start with the topics which you are good at but practiising already strong areas are not going to help you much in exams. It is better to focus on weaker areas and side by side practice the topics which you are good at.
- To keep a track of your preparation, prepare a study time table. In this way, you will be discplined and regular with your studies.
- Do atleast one online mock test every week. Witht he help of the mock test, you can check your performance and analyse how is your preparation going.
- Solve previous year question papers, sample papers/ model paper as much as possible.