MAT 2018 Exam Instructions – AIMA will conduct pen and paper-based test and Computer-based test on May 20, 2018. Candidates who will appear for the test need to make sure that they follow the certain important guidelines. These instructions are released by AIMA to follow on or before MAT 2018. An aspirant should take duly completely filled MAT May 2018 Admit Card to the test center. Follow the exam timings diligently. Carry all the important documents and writing material on the test day. Further read, how to fill the OMR sheet and important instructions to follow while taking the CBT and PBT test.
To fill the colleges where you want to send your MAT score, Click Here.
MAT 2018 Exam Timings
It is necessary that you strictly adhere to the reporting and exam timings. Any violation of them can lead to the cancellation of the exam. So, write the timings and pin it somewhere to follow on exam day.
Reach the center on the mentioned reporting time. As test administrator will have to complete the formalities of the test. Moreover, no candidate will able to enter the examination hall 15 minutes after the commencement of the test. Aspirants must note down that no extra time will be allotted in case of any delay by you.
MAT 2018 important items to carry
You must the important documents with you. Since it is pen and paper-based test you will need to carry extra stationery with you also.
What not to carry in the Examination Hall
- Any Paper, book etc
- Electronic Items
- Watch etc.
You need to ensure somethings about the admit card. On the day of the examination, take care that it is signed by you and the invigilator. During the exam, the test administrator will give you one part of admit card as proof that you appeared for the exam.
In case you have not downloaded the admit card. You can do the same from the official website of AIMA. Click Here to access your admit card.
Important instructions for Computer-Based Test
- Once you are your sit, check if the system is working properly. In case of any problem, contact the invigilator immediately.
- At the center, invigilator will provide you rough sheets in the exam.
- On the computer screen enter details like Name, Roll No, Form no. etc. when asked to do so.
- There is no sectional limit in the exam, so you can switch between sections any time.
- Ensure that you are saving the answers that you clicking. Moreover, you can change the answer any time by clicking the different option.
- When you finish the exam, follow the instructions of TA in order to properly record/save your test work.
Important instructions to fill OMR Sheet
- In the response sheet, mark the correct answer from the four options.
- Darken the circles properly.
- Use only HB Pencil to darken the oval for answering the questions.
- Do not darken more than one answer as the scanner will not read it.
- If you want to change your answer then, completely erase it without leaving any smudges. Mark the answer you want to select now.
- Do not tear, bend or mutilate the answer sheet.
- After the completion of test submit the question paper and answer booklet to the TA.
Important guidelines to follow in the examination hall
- When all the candidates are settled, the invigilator will provide you question booklet and OMR sheet.
- Do not open the question booked until asked to do so.
- On the instruction of the TA, fill the details on the question booklet and OMR sheet.
- After some time, you will need to sign the attendance sheet. On it do the signature and fill the question booklet details correctly.
Important points to remember while taking the Test
- Glance over the question paper once and check which section you have to attempt first.
- You can attempt questions in given order but do not waste time in questions unfamiliar to you. Just move on and attempt next question.
- So, answer the question you are sure of. Further, go back and reconsider any questions about which you were uncertain.
- Focus on your accuracy more than speed. Make yourself familiar with the exam by attempting the Sample Paper issued by MAT 2018.
- Before rushing to attempt any question, read the instruction of particular question carefully. Only then attempt the question.
- Relieve yourself before the test starts, any time lost during the test will not be compensated. Even if you need any break then ask the test administrator first.
- After completion of the exam, submit your OMR sheet and question paper to the invigilator.
After completing the test
If you complete the test before the assigned time, then you have the permission to leave the room. Required that you take the invigilator permission before doing that. Remember to submit your question booklet and response sheet to him/her.
MAT 2018 Paper Pattern
You have prepared for MAT exam by now. So, just go through the exam pattern once more in case you have missed something.
Duration of the test: Th maximum time for the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
Number of Questions: There are 200 questions in the test.
Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions with four options each. There is no choice in the questions. Hence, all questions are compulsory.
Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark with negative marking of 0.25 mark.
Medium of Exam: The test will available in English mode only.
For any queries, Please ask in the comments below.