MAT 2018 is the Management Aptitude Test. It is a national level MBA entrance exam. More than 250 colleges in India accept MAT scores for MBA/PGDM admissions. In year 2018, AIMA is conducting MAT exam four times – February, May, September, December. Numerous aspirants opt for MAT exam as it is the only MBA entrance exam that takes place multiple times in a year. Right now, MAT February 2018 is being organized. Here are all details and latest updates of MAT Feb 2018 including dates, registration, admit card, result.
MAT 2018 admit card is now available. Those who have applied for MAT Feb 2018 can now download admit card for CBT as well as PPT. Candidates can download admit card by logging in using application number, date of birth, email ID.
AIMA will announce MAT Feb 2018 result in last week of February.
Details of AIMA MAT May 2018 will be announced in March.
AIMA MAT February 2018
Level: National level exam
Admission: Post Graduate Management Programs
Name of exam: Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
Exam conducting body: All India Management Association (AIMA)
Participating institutes: 228 colleges. Click here for complete list.
MAT 2018 Exam Date
Aspirants may refer to the table below to check all the important dates of MAT Feb 2018.
|MAT Feb 2018 Exam||Dates|
|Start of registration||20 Dec 2017|
|Last date to apply for Paper Based Test (PBT)|
|Last date to apply for Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Availability of admit card||08 Feb 2018|
|MAT February 2018 pen and paper based exam date||04 Feb 2018|
|MAT February 2018 computer-based exam onward|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|MAT May 2018 pen and paper based exam date||06 May 2018|
|MAT May 2018 computer-based exam date||12 May 2018|
MAT 2018 Admit Card
- Admit Card for MAT Feb 2018 is now available for download.
- The candidate has to log in by entering details such as Application Number, Date of Birth, Email ID.
- All provisionally registered candidates both for Paper Based and Computer Based Test can download their Admit Card from AIMA website as per the schedule.
- Specific Admit Card is generated both for the candidates opted for the Paper Based Test and for the Computer Based Test.
- Admit Card contains Candidate’s Name, Form No, Roll No, Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address. A candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to him/her in the case of Computer Based Test.
Management Aptitude Test Exam Centres
- Test Centre City list is provided in the dropdown menu for the test centre choices in the
registration form. Test Venues for Paper-Based Test and Computer Based Test are different.
- If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is limited and can be
accommodated in a single day; the test will be completed on 10 February 2018 itself.
- If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is few in a particular centre, these candidates have to appear for the Paper-Based Test.
MAT 2018 Exam Pattern
It is always advisable to check the exam pattern, before appearing for the examination. Hence, the aspirants of MAT 2018 are advised to have a look at the below-mentioned pattern of the examination.
Mode: The exam will be held in Pen and Paper, as well as, Computer Based Mode.
Duration: Candidates will get 150 minutes to solve the examination.
Question Type: All the questions in the exam will be of Multiple Choice Type.
Distribution of questions and marks
|Section||No of Questions||Suggested Time Per Section|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
MAT 2018 Online Registration
Firstly, the candidate need to register for MAT Exam 2018 by providing their Name, Email ID, Date of Birth, Mobile Number. Only after the registration part is complete, aspirants can proceed to fill in necessary details, upload a photograph, signature and make payment for the application fee. The online application is to be filled and submitted through online mode before the due date. The candidate can choose the exam center, mode of the exam in the MAT 2018 Application Form. Also, applicants have to provide a choice of 05 Management Institute to which they wish to submit their MAT score.
Eligibility Criteria for MAT 2018
It is mandatory for all the candidates to fulfill the MAT 2018 eligibility criteria for the examination.
- A candidate must have graduated from a recognized university, in any discipline.
- However, the candidates in the final year may also apply.
- There is no age bar.
MAT 2018 Result
AIMA announces MAT Exam Results in online mode on the website.
- To get result online, visit AIMA MAT website. Or click on result link above to get detailed information on MAT Feb 2018 Result.
- Click on result link either on official website or on result page of this website.
- Enter login credentials to view MAT results.
- Scorecard of MAT exam shows marks obtained in each section, percentile indicating position section wise, and overall percentile.
- You can also get a duplicate score card by sending an application on a plain white sheet of paper requesting for duplicate score card. Here you will also need to attach a photocopy of that lower half of admit card which was handed to you at test centre signed by invigilator. In addition there should be a self-addressed envelope of size 24 x 12 cms with your address in capital and postage stamp of Rs 40 for sending by speed post. Send these documents to “Manager-CMS, All-Centre for Management Education, 14, Institutional Area Management House, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003”.
- If you request for a duplicate score card within 45 days of result announcement then you do not need to pay any fee.
- If you request for duplicate score card after that time then you need to pay Rs 100 through DD in favor of “All India Management Association”, payable at New Delhi.
MAT 2018 Syllabus
MAT Syllabus for MAT February 2018 exam is not strictly pre-defined. Still the MAT syllabus covers following major topics in each section.
Language Comprehension: English Grammar based questions; English Proficiency; Fill in the Blanks, Para jumble, Reading Comprehension.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Fact Inference Judgment, Passage Conclusion, Analogy, Statement Argument among others.
Mathematical skills: Elementary Mathematics; Arithmetic:- Number System, Ratio and Proportion, Mixtures and Allegation; Unitary Method; Time and Distance; Commercial Maths; Profit and Loss, Interest; Geometry; Triangles, Circles; Mensuration; Algebra Permutation and Combinations; Sequence And Series; Trigonometry Heights and Distance; Linear Programming; Coordinate Geometry.
Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Table; Data Sufficiency; graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram among others.
Indian and Global Environment: Economics, finance, national and international current affairs. There are many other topics on which questions are placed in the MAT question paper in this section. Questions are also based on conventional GK.
MBA / PGDM Admission Through MAT
When you apply to a college for MBA / PGDM or such courses on basis of MAT score, basically that institute looks at your percentile. If you have a good percentile then you have better chances of selection.
How closer your percentile is to 100 marks how good your position is. For example, a 99 percentile holder has better chances of admission as compared to a 65 percentile holder.
However, each institute has specific criteria for selection. They may choose to look at other factors such as past academic profile and so on.
Participating Management Institutes
Four Digit codes for Management Institutes/University Departments accepting the MAT Score are given in the List of Participating Institutes/Universities as MI Code. There are five fields given in the Registration Form. Select the codes of those five institutes only where you have applied or are applying for admission. No additional fee is to be paid for filling these 5 choices.
Applicants are advised to check the approval / recognition status of various programs and other details directly from the concerned Authorities/ Institutes/ Universities.