MAT 2020 Books – All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) for the MBA program and PGDM courses every year. The MAT occurs 4 times a year, therefore candidates have the option to appear in any. However, the exam is a bit difficult, so it is advised to all aspirants to start their MAT 2020 Preparation in advance. To do so, Candidates must follow the exam pattern and the syllabus provided below. Therefore, Students must consult the best books for MAT preparation as it plays an important role in scoring well in MAT 2020. As it is a National level Exam, Institutes across India accept the MAT score. Check the MAT 2020 books, syllabus, exam pattern, etc from the below article.
MAT 2020 Books
In order to score well in MAT 2020, Students appearing must consult the best books available in the market for preparation. Sometimes candidates choose a bundle of books but don’t read them and end up confused. So I would recommend that focus on one book for one subject. Do this will keep you focused and after completing that book you can whenever shift to the next one. Some books are mentioned below, Candidates can refer them and buy by clicking on the link.
|Books||Author’s Name||Buy Here|
|Complete Guide for MAT &|
Other MBA Entrance Exams with
GK & Current Update eBooks
|Disha Experts||Click Here|
|Mission MBA MAT|
Mock tests & Solved papers
|B.S. Sijwali||Click Here|
|MAT 20 years|
|Deepak Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Face to face MAT|
22 years solved Papers
|B.S Sijwali||Click Here|
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
AIMA conducts the MAT exam in both online mode or offline mode. Therefore, Candidates can select the mode as per their convenience. All the candidates are requested to go through the MAT 2020 Exam pattern. Also, Preparing according to the exam pattern will lead is getting a good score in MAt 2020. however, the exam pattern given below is based on the previous year’s exam pattern. Candidates can refer to it for their preparation of MAT 2020. The MAT exam pattern is as follows:
Overview of the Exam
- Duration: 2 hours 30 mins (150 mins)
- Language of MAT 2020 exam: English
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Marks per Question: Each question will carry equal marks, i.e., 1 mark each.
- Types of Questions: Objective Type (MCQs)
- Total No. of Questions: 200
- Total No. of Sections: 5
Mode of MAT Exam
MAT 2020 is conducted in online as well as offline. However, candidates can either choose Computer-based test or paper-based test or they can choose both the modes.
- Paper-Based Test (PBT)
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Both PBT & CBT
Section-wise distribution of Question
|Section||No. of Questions||Suggested Time to Be Taken (in min)|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||15|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||30|
Best books for MAT 2020 Preparation
Finding the right resources for the preparation of the exam is most important. However, For MAT 2020, we are providing you with the best books available in the market. These books are recommended by the professors and the exam toppers. So preparing your exam by using the following books. Doing this will really make a difference and you can score well in the exam. Therefore, check the section-wise books from the below:
- English Reading Comprehension – RPH Editorial Board.
- Proficiency in Reading Comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you – Ajay Singh.
- Reading Comprehension Ordering of words Ordering of Sentences – Dilip Kushwaha.
- English comprehension for MAT – Disha Experts
- Practice Guru MAT Target Test Series – Practice Guru.
- Mathematics for M.B.A – R.S. Aggarwal
- Vedic Mathematics: Secrets skills for quick, Accurate Mental calculations – Sumit Bose
- Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams – R.Gopal
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency for MAT exam – Disha Experts
- Face 2 Face MAT with 19 years – B.S Sijwal
- Data interpretation guide for all competitive exams – Mohammad Khaja Shareef
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant Experts.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning for MAT – Disha Experts
- Critical Reasoning Guide – Crackverbal
- Koncept of Logical Reasoning – Gajendra Kumar
Indian and global environment
- Read Magazines
- Watch News Daily
MAT 2020 Syllabus
For the preparation of MAT 2020, Candidates must be aware of the updated syllabus. Therefore, check the section-wise syllabus from the below and start preparing the topics as soon as possible.
Data analysis and sufficiency (40 marks)
- Bar graphs
- Pie charts
- Venn diagrams
Indian and global environment (40 marks)
- General knowledge
Intelligence and critical reasoning (40 marks)
- Coding and decoding
- Effect & cause
- Family Tree
- Mathematic reasoning
- Verbal ability
Language comprehension (40 marks )
- Odd man out
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence correction & completion
- Verbal reasoning
Mathematical skills (40 marks )
- Date and time
- Number System
- Ratio and proportion
MAT 2020 Preparation tips
MAT 2020 is a moderately difficult exam, however, preparation for the exam must be done sincerely. For scoring well in the MAT, you must concentrate on some factors that will affect your preparation in a good way and vice-versa. Check the MAT 2020 Preparation tips from below.
- Candidates must focus on their speed, as the exam duration is 150 mins and the total no. of questions is 200. Therefore, It’s not even 1 min per question.
- Analyzing this you must have realized the amount of speed required for solving the question.
- While solving the Questions, Use the stopwatch and analyze, how much time you are taking to solve a particular question? According to that set the timer on the stopwatch and practice.
- Give Mock tests on Daily bases and make sure to analyze each and every question & answer.
- Figure out your weak points and keep on working hard on the same.
- Without analyzing the mock test, there is no use of giving it.
Previous year’s question paper
- Solving the previous year’s question papers will be a great help and a good strategy for Preparation.
- By doing this, you will be able to know the pattern of the question paper and distribution of questions on the section as well.
- Also, check the syllabus while solving the previous year’s question. do not solve the question on topics that are not in your recent syllabus.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a National level test conducted by the All India Management Association. Through this test, Students interested in pursuing their carrier in management, Administration, business, etc, can get admission in recognized B-schools across India. MAT was approved National level test by the Government of India, Ministry of HRD in 2003. The MAT 2020 is moderately difficult thus required more practice, the exam is conducted 4 times a year. The candidates scoring a minimum of 50% in their graduation can apply for the exam and for SC/ST/PD candidates 45% will work.
All India Management Association was established in 1957 for promoting the Management Profession in India. It is having more than 60 Local Management Associations abroad. AIMA is an active member of the Asia Association of Management Organisations (AAMO). AIMA conducts the MAT 4 times in a year.