MAT 2020 Preparation – Candidates appearing for the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) which is conducted by the AIMA must be looking for the preparation tips, If yes then you have landed on the right page. Here you will find the detailed preparation tips for MAT 2020. As a matter of Fact, MAT is conducted 4 times a year i.e in Feb, May, Sept, and Dec. So, the students have the option to appear for the exam as per their suitability. MAT 2020 is a national level exam so the exam will be difficult. Nevertheless, If you are preparing for CAT, then its an advantage for you. For scoring well in the MAT 2020 exam, students need to practice, revise, Make a time table, go through the whole syllabus and exam pattern. Want to boost up your confidence? Read the article and understand the strategy for clearing this exam.
MAT 2020 Preparation
To begin with, remember that “ Spectacular Achievement is always preceded by Unspectacular Preparation”. So, aspirants, buckle up your shoes and get ready for the ride. Take a pen and notebook, write down the points that you must follow:
- Firstly, get aware of the MAT 2020 exam pattern and syllabus. (Check the same from the below)
- Secondly, analyze the topics in which you are weak and strong.
- After that, gather the information about the previous question papers and from where you can study them.
- Then, Collect all the study material required for MAT 2020 Preparation. You can get the same from the MAT 2020 Books.
- Most importantly, Manage your time accordingly by making a time table or a study plan.
- Also, focus on the speed, don’t take more than 1 min for a single question. As the exam duration is 150 min whereas the total no of questions is 200.
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
For the preparation of the MAT 2020, Students must know the Exam pattern and according to that, the preparation of the exam must be done. The question paper of the MAT includes a total of 200 questions which is distributed in 5 sections. For your better understanding, the detailed exam pattern is mentioned below.
Overview of the Exam
- Duration: 2 hours 30 mins (150 mins)
- Language of MAT 2020 exam: English
- Types of Questions: Objective Type (MCQs)
- Total No. of Questions: 200
- Total No. of Sections: 5
- For each correct answer, you will be awarded 1 Mark
- As far as the negative marking is concerned, 0.25 Marks will be deducted.
Mode of MAT Exam
MAT 2020 is conducted in online as well as offline. Candidates can choose any exam mode from the following.
- Paper-Based Test (PBT)
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Both PBT & CBT
Section-wise distribution of Question
|Section||No. of Questions||Suggested Time to Be Taken (in min)|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||15|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||30|
MAT 2020 Syllabus
When you start your preparation, check the section-wise syllabus of MAT 2020. Cover all the topics and practice questions according to it. Each section holds some weightage, so don’t skip any section. While making your study plan, refer to the below topics and distribute the time respectively.
Data analysis and sufficiency (40 marks)
- Bar graphs
- Pie charts
- Venn diagrams
Language comprehension (40 marks)
- Odd man out
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence correction & completion
- Verbal reasoning
Mathematical skills (40 marks)
- Date and time
- Number System
- Ratio and proportion
Indian and global environment (40 marks)
- General knowledge
Intelligence and critical reasoning (40 marks)
- Coding and decoding
- Effect & cause
- Family Tree
- Mathematic reasoning
- Verbal ability
MAT 2020 Books for Preparation
Preparing from the right books will increase your chances to Qualify the MAT 2020 eventually. So it is advised to the
|Books||Author’s Name||Buy Here|
|Complete Guide for MAT||Disha Experts||Click Here|
|Mission MBA MAT |
Mock tests & Solved papers
|B.S. Sijwali||Click Here|
|MAT 20 years|
|Shipra Aggarwal||Click Here|
MAT 2020 Preparation Tips Section-wise
For qualifying MAT 2020, Students need to focus on each and every section of the syllabus. However, For each section, you must follow a separate strategy. According to the Professors and the Toppers, the tips and tricks have been shortlisted for you. Understand them and include them in your preparation routine.
Data analysis and sufficiency Preparation Tips
- Suggested Time: 35 mins
- In this section, your observational and analytical skills are tested.
- Analyze the question very carefully and then try to answer questions.
- This section consists of 40 marks, however, it can consume some time but this section is scoring.
- For Data Analysis and sufficiency, Solve the previous year’s question because the pattern of the question can match. Doing so will make to more confident and you will be able to figure out whether this section is your weak point or strong.
- Solve puzzles, it will increase your ability to analyze as well as your spontaneousness.
Language Comprehension Preparation Tips
- Suggested Time: 30 mins
- This Section requires good communication as well as written skills.
- For scoring good in the Language comprehension Section, you must read passages, Learn new words daily for increasing your vocabulary.
- Solve previous papers and give mock tests.
- Reading passages will take some time, but make sure to increase your reading speed and analyze the right answer.
Mathematical Skills Preparation Tips
- Suggested Time: 40 mins
- This section requires the Speed with accuracy. So all the candidates must focus on solving the question precisely.
- To achieve this, start from the basic and then afterward move to the complex questions.
- Bifurcate the questions according to the level of complexity i.e Basic formula used and Complex formula used.
- Make sure you analyze which type of question it is? Is it complex or the Basic one?
- Doing this will save you time and as you know in MAT 2020 the time has a major role.
Indian and global environment Preparation Tips
- Suggested Time: 15 mins
- For scoring in this section, be aware of daily and past news.
- Be more aware of the Social, Historical, geographical, business events.
- Read magazines and newspapers.
- Not only about India but also have knowledge about all over the world.
- Once you know the answer, answering questions in these sections will not take much time.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning Preparation Tips
- Suggested Time: 30 mins
- Scoring well in this section is a bit easy if your concepts are clear.
- This section requires practice, every question asked in this section is different.
- Consult the best book which covers all the topics in this section.
- Practice the question by giving mock tests.
- Also, use stopwatch while solving the Question.
All India Management Association (AIMA) administrates Management Aptitude Test (MAT). It is a National level test which is conducted 4 times in a year. This exam is the admission ticket for the students who want to pursue MBA from the best business schools in India. Also, the Government of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAt as a Nation level test in 2003. This test is difficult and requires more practice. The candidates having a minimum of 50% in their graduation can apply for the MAT 2020.
AIMA is the conducting body of the MAT (Management Aptitude Test) since 1998. All India Management Association was established in 1957 for promoting the Management Profession in India. It is having more than 60 Local Management Associations abroad. AIMA is an active member of the Asia Association of Management Organisations (AAMO). It is also represented in national forums and organizations and awards annual awards.