MAT 2020 – All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts an all India level examination Management Aptitude Test (MAT) for admission into Masters in Business Administration (MBA), PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) and various allied Management programmes. AIMA will be conducting MAT 2020 for MBA aspirants desirous of streaming their career in the field of Business Management studies. Scorecard of MAT 2020 will be accepted for admission into postgraduate management courses in various prestigious Management Institutions across India. As AIMA holds MAT 4 times a year, desirous candidates will have the provision to give MAT4 times in the said year, namely in the month of February, May, September, and December. Registration for the exam is expected to begin in the month of December 2019. Willing MBA aspirants will have the provision to choose any one of the modes for MAT 2020 exam- Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper Based Test (PBT), and both PBT & CBT. Below, for the convenience of candidates, we have provided detailed information regarding MAT 2020.
AIMA through its MAT 2020 will be opening admission opportunities for MBA aspirants over 600 B-schools. Every year lakhs of MBA aspirants appear for AIMA MAT. Being considered a prestigious entrance exam for MBA and PGDM, the exam is a pool in a number of willing MBA candidates. Candidates applying must note that the selection in any MAT 2020 winged MBA college/institution will vary from college to college and Institution to Institution. The registration for the exam will be done online through the official website of AIMA once the application procedure begins for the same.
MAT 2020 Important Dates
As the first session for MAT 2020 will take place in the month of February 2020, we have covered the dates concerning MAT for the month of February 2020. Candidates can get a general idea regarding how many days prior the admit card will be released, for what period of time will the registration window remain open for the candidates applying for MAT Exam and so on.
|MAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Registration Process Starts from||2nd week of Dec 2019|
|Last Date of Filling Online Application Form will be||Last week of Jan 2020|
|Last Date of Online Choice Filling||January 2020|
|Issuance of MAT Admit Card 2020||Last week of Jan 2020|
|Exam Date||1st & 2nd week of Feb 2020|
|Results will be Announced in||Last week of Feb 2020|
The general outlook concerning MAT 2020 exam dates distribute over 4 months, namely- February, May, September, and December are as follows:
|Exam Dates||Important Dates|
|MAT Feb 2020 Exam Dates||1st and 2nd week of Feb 2020|
|MAT May 2020 Exam Dates||1st and 3rd week of May 2020|
|MAT Sept 2020 Exam Dates||1st week of Sep 2020|
|MAT Dec 2020 Exam Dates||2nd and 3rd week of Dec 2020|
MAT 2020 List of Institutions
Below we have attached the list of participating MBA and PGDM Institutions who will be accepting MAT 2020 scorecard, as per the data based on the previous year. Candidates while filling in the application form can refer the same in order to help decide which 5 institutions to apply for while registering for MAT.
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates readily willing to pursue a career in the field of Business Administration by undertaking a postgraduate management course must aim at securing admission in a well recognized MBA college/institution. In order to do so, such candidates will have to diligently prepare for the test. Having a thorough understanding of MAT examination pattern will give the candidates an edge to prepare and perform better on the day of exam. The exam pattern as given below is based on previous years’ exam pattern. Candidates are requested to use it on a referential platform to help prepare more strategically. MAT 2020 examination pattern will be as follows:
- Mode of MAT Exam: The mode of examination will be in three different forms, out of which a candidate can choose as per his/her convenience.
(i) Paper Based Test (PBT)
(ii) Computer Based Test (CBT)
(iii) Both PBT & CBT
- Duration: 2:30 hours
- Types of Questions: Objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total No. of Questions: 200
- Language of MAT 2020: English
- Total No. of Sections: 5
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Marks per Question: Each question will carry equal marks, i.e., 1 mark each.
The detailed per section wise topics to be covered in the exam are:
|Section||No. of Questions||Suggested Time to Be Taken|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||15|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||30|
What is the difference between CBT, PBT, and both CBT and PBT?
Candidates for MAT will have the option to opt for any of the three modes of examination, as per their comfort.
Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Candidates opting for CBT will have the option to choose 5 colleges as per his/her liking while registering for the test.
- Candidate will be required to sit in front of the computer at the examination venue on the day of the exam.
- Candidates opting for CBT must have a proper acquaintance with the accessibility of computer monitoring.
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided.
- Candidates will be able to navigate easily through the questions.
- Candidates will have the provision to move between sections.
- Any answer once marked before can be changed by selecting the other answer as what seems correct to the candidate.
Paper Based Test (PBT)
- Candidates will have the option to choose 5 colleges as per his/her liking while registering for MAT.
- Candidates will be provided a sealed question booklet and an OMR answer sheet inside the examination room.
- Candidates must strictly use either blue pen or black pen and fill the circles for correct answer on the OMR Answer Sheet correctly.
- Answers once darkened in the form of an oval will not be changed.
- Answers are to be strictly marked only in the OMR answer booklet. Answers marked on the Question Booklet will carry no marks.
- Candidates will have to carry their own blue or black pens.
Both Computer Based Test and Paper Based Test
- Candidates opting for both will have a provision to apply for 2 more colleges of his/her choice, making it a total of 7 colleges. This will come at a said fee (as given in the registration section of our page).
- The rest will be followed as mentioned in the pointers for CBT and PBT separately.
MAT 2020 Syllabus
As there is no permanent prescribed syllabus for MAT 2020, applying MBA aspirants must note that the general standard of preparation is expected to be that of a graduate level from any Indian University. The standard of preparation for MAT must come in the form of the leg of knowledge received in the form of the 10+2+3 format of academic education. However, the standard of syllabus for preparation under the Mathematical skills will be that of class 10th, as assigned by the CBSE board.
- Mathematical Skills- For mathematical skills, candidates can download- CBSE Class 10th syllabus from here.
- Language Comprehension- Candidates will have to focus on their English Grammar such as English Proficiency, Fill in the Blanks, Para jumble, Reading Comprehension and Analytical Reading and the likes.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning- This certain section will be designed to check the intelligence and critical reasoning of the candidates. Th topics covered under this section will largely focus on Passage Conclusion, Statement Argument, Analogy based questions and the likes.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency- This section will judge a candidate’s proficiency in Data Analysis and Sufficiency covering general topics like Graphs (area and line), Data Sufficiency, Venn diagram, Pie, Charts and the likes.
- Indian and Global Environment- This section will largely focus on a candidate’s general awareness of Indian Economy and Global Environment awareness.
MAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates need to prepare in a strategic manner in order to be able to cope with the number of questions in the stipulated time period of 2 hours 30 minutes. Here are a few tips that can help prepare students judiciously for MAT:
Accuracy: Candidates are advised to focus more on those areas on the day of MAT that will fetch them more marks. Say, if a said candidate is good at General awareness, he/she should focus more on such questions so as to increase his/her accuracy to score more.
Manage Time: Candidates who are willing to secure good marks must try to manage time accordingly. He/she should not kill much time on a given question if stuck.
Timetable: Candidates are advised to start following a routine timetable prepared by self. Doing so will let candidates know how much is to be given to each topic by him/her for preparation. Preparing a timetable and following it will further give a said candidate an edge to assess his/her performance at home.
Solve Previous Years’ Question Papers: Solving mock question papers from help books and previous years’ question papers will give the candidates a rough idea of the type of questions asked in each topic. Strategic planning and studying will always prove beneficial for any said candidate.
Note: As mentioned in the general instructions sections of MAT 2018 Bulletin, MAT Exam 2020 too will focus more on accuracy than the speed of the candidates, i.e., MAT Exam 2020 will focus more on the accuracy of correct answers than the ones where more questions are attempted but the accuracy for the same is low.
MAT 2020 Important Books
|Books||Author’s Name||Buy Here|
|Complete Guide for MAT and Other MBA Entrance
Exams with GK 2017 & Current Update eBooks
|Disha Experts||Click Here|
|Mission MBA MAT Mock tests & Solved papers||B.S. Sijwali||Click Here|
|MAT 20 years Topic-wise Solved
MAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates desirous of seeking admission in any MBA Institutions accepting MAT Exam scorecard will have to first understand that before proceeding with their online registration for MAT Exam 2020, they should cross check their eligibility requirements. Doing so will make it easier for the candidates to not have their form rejected on the basis of not meeting the officially prescribed eligibility requirements. The same are as follows:
Nationality: Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for MAT Exam 2020.
Age: There is no specified age bar.
Job Experience: It is not mandatory for applying candidates to have a job experience in order to apply for MAT Exam 2020.
Educational Qualification: Graduates in any discipline will be able to apply for MAT Exam 2020. Also, candidates in the final year of their graduation can apply too provided they finish their graduation in the stipulated time period.
Minimum percentage Requirement: As there is a minimum graduation percentage requirement, different for separate MIs/Universities, the minimum graduation percentage requirement will vary for every participating MAT Exam 2020 MBA Institutions. Candidates will have to check the same from the official website of each preferred university of their choice.
MAT 2020 Registration
Candidates will be able to register online for MAT from the official website of AIMA. No other mode of applying for MAT Exam 2020 will be made available to any candidate. The application process for registering online for MAT usually begins in the month of December of the year previous to the first MAT exam session. To further elucidate, registration for MAT is expected to begin sometime in the month of December 2019.
How To apply for MAT Exam 2020?
Candidates, in order to apply, will have to follow the said instructions:
- Step 1- Visit the official website of AIMA (as given at the bottom of our page)
- Step 2- Candidates once directed to the MAT Exam 2020 Registration page, will have to give in their details in order to register first.
- Step 3- Once given in the then to be asked details, candidates will be provided with their login credentials.
- Step 4- Post logging in with the respective credentials, candidates will have to choose their preferred colleges out of the list of colleges participating under MAT Exam 2020, as to be specified under a particular section while registering for MAT Exam 2020. Candidates will have to fill the details of their preferred colleges in order to be able to send their scorecard once released.
- Step 5- Make payment via online mode for MAT Exam 2020.
Note: Candidates will be able to choose 5 MBA Institutions amongst the others. However, candidates who will be opting for both CBT and PBT will have the provision to opt for a total of 7 MBA Institutions.
MAT Exam 2020 Registration Fee
Payment for MAT will be done in an online mode via either of the following- Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. The registration fee, if we are to consider the previous year’s fee structure will be as follows:
|Mode of Payement||Fee (In Rs.)|
|Paper Based Test (PBT)||1550/-|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||1550/-|
|PBT & CBT||2650/-|
List of Documents needed during MAT Exam 2020 Registration
Below we have mentioned the list of documents that will be required while registering online for MAT.
- Valid Email Id
- Scanned image of photograph 40 to 100 kb
- Scanned image of signature 10 to 40 kb
- Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) or Net Banking details
MAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit card will be released once the online registration for MAT Exam 2020 is over. The availability of admit card will be done only on the official website of MAT Exam 2020 under the “testing services” section. Candidates are to note that no other mode will be adopted by the conducting body for the issuance of MAT Exam 2020 admit card. Usually, the admit card, if we are to follow the previous year’s trend, is released 7 days prior to the day of examination. The same might be adopted for MAT 2020 Admit Card.
Note: As per last year, specific Admit Card will be generated for the candidates who will opt for the Paper Based Test and for the Computer Based Test.
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Candidate Name
- Form No.
- Roll No.
- Test Date
- Test Time
- Test Venue Address
MAT 2020 Test Center
The test center given-below is based on previous year’s information.
MAT 2020 Result / Scorecard
The result will be released on the official website in an online mode. Candidates who appeared for the said examination as per their chosen session will be able to download their MAT Exam 2020 result which will be made available to them in the form of Scorecard. This scorecard is to be sent in by the candidates to their earlier chosen Management Institutions, as opted during the online registration for MAT Exam 2020.
Representation of marks in MAT Exam 2020 Scorecard
MAT Exam 2020 Scorecard will include section wise marks obtained by a said candidate, section wise percentile, and overall percentile.
The validity of MAT Exam 2020 scorecard will be for one year, from the chosen exam session by a said candidate.
Send MAT Scorecard to Additional Colleges
Candidates who’d want to send their MAT Exam 2020 scorecard to additional MBA Institutions will have to fill in a form, as to be mentioned on the official website www.aima.in. MBA aspirants willing to apply for MAT Exam 2020 will be given a provision to send in their MAT Exam 2020 scorecard as against the 5 MBA Institutions already chosen during the online registration for the same. If any said candidate wants to send in his/her scorecard, the following instructions are to be followed:
Step 1- Candidates will have to fill in a “Request for Sending MAT Score to Additional Institutes” form (as to be obtained from the official website once the scorecard is officially released)
Step 2- As per previous year’s procedure, a fee of Rs. 118/- per college will be paid by the candidate.
Step 3- Candidates in order to pay the said fee candidates will have to get a Demand Draft in the favor of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
Step 4- At the backside of the DD candidates will have to write his/her Name and MAT Form No.
Step 5- The additional scorecard will be sent to the preferred Management Institutes by Speed Post/Courier.
For more information on MAT Exam 2020, candidates can visit the official website: www.aima.in
Insofar, Official details for MAT Exam 2020 has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on previous year information and for reference purpose only. As soon as AIMA will release the MAT 2020, information will be updated here.